Crystal Clear

Beauty and The Billionaire
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hey guys...this here is the picture of Dennis Oh, he's a korean actor and i thought he'll be a great addition to the story!! And i bet you all going to love this chap...got surprise waiting down there!

Taecyeon’s P.O.V.

 

The doorbell rang. Twice already. God! I can’t get myself up from the freaking couch.

 

Damn, why do I always have to sleep on the bloody couch while that pain-in-the- lady gets to sleep on the bed like she owns the house? I walked toward the door and peeked through to see who was on the other side, shooting darts onto my head so damn early in the morning.

 

What I saw would have given me a heart attack.

 

Oh, god! I have to wake Eunjung up. Quick.

 

I dashed silently through the living hall, straight into my room where Eunjung was completely passed out on the bed. She was in the same exact position I left her yesterday night, that I can’t tell if she was alive or dead if it wasn’t for the soft heaving of her chest. I tried to wake her up a few time, I really did, and all she ever does was mumble something gibberish and goes right back to sleep.

 

The doorbell rang again.

 

I am freaking out of time. So instead I rolled her off of the mattress and she fell onto the carpeted floor with a thud. She jerked awake and looked around the room like a kid who lost her way. “Where the hell am I?”

 

Seriously?

 

“You’re in lala-land. Now would you get the hell up and get properly dressed, my father is standing right outside the door?”

 

She laughed at that. “You think I’m stupid don’t you? You’re just trying to rid of me so that you could conquer the bed all to yourself. Jackass.”

 

“Taec?!” Came my father’s voice from outside. And I gave Eunjung a I-told-you-so look. Her eyes widened in pure horror.

 

“What is he doing here?” She whispered.

 

“Don’t know and don’t care. Just go, go, go!” I pushed her off into the bathroom and hand her her real pyjamas. “Brush your teeth, wash your face and wear this. Pretend like you’ve just came out, I’ll go greet him inside. Faster!”

 

Just when my phone was about to ring, I opened the door and feigned a confused look at my father. “Dad? What are you doing here so early?”

 

“Nothing, just drop by to check if everything was going smoothly between the both of you.” He said nonchalantly.

 

Wait a minute. No, something doesn’t add quite right. My father never just drops by to check on me, unless…

 

“Uncle Taec, surprise!” A girl with long brunette hair and the biggest brown eyes I’ve ever seen, jumped from behind my father’s back. Oh-of course I’ve told you right? About the other woman in my life. The only female to ever truly hold my heart in her hands. I’m her slave. She asks, I do. And apparently the same goes for my father.

 

“Lauren!” I picked up that little Jihyen and spinned her twice before landing a kiss on her cheek, to which she replied by wrapping her small arm around my neck and kissing my nose. I can’t help but giggle like a love struck teenager. Well, she can do that to you, you know. She can wrap you around her fingers. “I missed you!”

 

“Me too!”

 

I brought them to the living room when Eunjung came out. She was clean and sober. She immediately greeted my father and when she turns to look at me and Lauren, her eyes twinkled in recognition. “You must be Lauren right? Your uncle Taec told me all about you.”

 

“And you must be Aunt Eunjung. Eomma said you were the one who is going to marry uncle Taec and give me lots of cousins to play with.”

 

Eunjung and I almost choked at the same time. My father just shrugged. Clearly Jihyen is a bad influence on the kid. I set Lauren down and instantly that little angel was onto Eunjung. She sat on Eunjung's lap and talked like they’d known each other for a long time. Girls! Can’t quite figure them out yet.

 

“I could have just called you or told you at the office but your mother wanted me to pay you guys a visit. And Lauren was ecstatic about meeting you, so I came here instead.”

 

“It’s okay. What is it about dad?”

 

“Your mother had been planning to make a family gathering for thanksgiving. You know how your mother loves this kind of stuff right?”

 

My mother does loves this family and she even sees all of my father’s employees as extended families. She will look for any excuses to throw a party, birthday celebration, baby showers, thanksgiving luncheons…need I go on?

 

It’s a miracle that I and Jihyen were not gaining some pounds around our waist from all the foods we have consumed so far.

 

“That sounds wonderful.” Eunjung said.

 

“Yeah, I bet it would be coz granpa invited dad for thanksgiving as well.” Lauren said.

 

“Invited dad?” Eunjung repeated while throwing me a puzzled look. I ignored it and diverted my entire attention to my father. What was he up to?

 

Truth was, Dennis Oh was the son of my father’s biggest rival in the corporate world. So when Dennis and Jihyen falls in love, my father simply assumed that Dennis was up to no good and that he purposely approached my sister to get the insights within my father’s multibillion dollar business.

 

On the other hand, even with all the money we grew up with, Jihyen doesn’t really gives a rat’s about labels or what other people thinks. She knew what is best for her and she decides her course of life. That’s what makes her the queen of her law school. Oh yeah, I completely forgot to mention that Jihyen used to be a brilliant trial attorney. She could have gone all the way to Supreme Court. Seriously. She was that good.

 

But when Jihyen held Lauren for the first time in her arms, she was willing to let it all go. Not that I blame her. I couldn’t think of a more important job than making sure my niece grows up happy and healthy.

 

Wait – where was I? Ah yes, Dennis and Jihyen.

 

Dennis was certainly handsome and suave but he’s not a player, he never was. But Jihyen wasn’t the slightest bit of interested in his looks or his money. Then how did he managed to bag a prize like my sister you ask?

 

Confidence.

 

He never doubted himself. From the first moment he laid his eyes upon my sister, he was bewitched. He never th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter