First Meeting

Beauty and The Billionaire
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taecyeon’s P.O.V.

 

I see something that I want, and I go after it. I’m used to getting what I want. Or so I thought.

 

Hold on for a minute shall we? So I can give you the full picture.

 

See, my mom Mi Sook always wanted a big family-maybe like 6 to 7 children. But after giving birth to Jihyen my mom couldn’t get pregnant again-and it wasn’t the lack of trying I can assure you. “Secondary Infertility’ they call it. When my sister was 6 my mother had pretty much given up hope of ever having a kid anymore.

 

And then guess what? I came along.

 

Surprise.

 

So if you think I’m arrogant? Selfish? Spoiled? You’re probably right. But don’t hold it against me. It’s not my fault. I am a product of how I was raised.

 

Now that’s out of the way-back to how suddenly I am being vetoed by my father after all this years of being pampered.

 

I’m freaking getting married is less than 3 weeks. How did it turn out that way you ask?

 

Apparently when Jihyen managed to drag me out of the house to go and talk things with my parents, they had already made up their mind. My father told me that the girl, Ham Eunjung called him up herself and agreed for us to meet before she consider this marriage offer. What the hell? How desperate can a girl be?

 

Let me ask you something. Have you seen those stories that say how life can change in an instant?

 

Yes, yes…I’m going somewhere with this. Just bear with me for a second.

 

Marrying this woman is not going to benefit me in any way possible. But as I heard from my mother, this Eunjung girl had been in the dumps after her father passed away-that’s not how my mom told me, I’m merely rephrasing. But her life is pretty much heading to a dead end. Until-okay, this is where I come in-she was offered to marry a chaebol’s son. Who in the freaking world would say no to that? Simply put, she’s just using me for my money and my parent are too self-absorbed in their charity mind to see that.

 

I’ve got to set things straight.

 

So when my father told me that he had arranged a private dinner for me with Eunjung-so that I could get to know her and you know…familiarize- I said yes. My parents going to be there too with Eunjung’s mom, but they’ll be having dinner in a different room. This is my chance, to talk that poor girl back to sense, maybe then she’ll realize how extreme this idea of marriage has been for her as much as it have been for me.

 

It was about 7.30 pm when we arrived to the lobby of the Grand Hyatt Hotel in Seoul. My father is one of the boards of directors in this place, so naturally he would choose this as the best place for dinner meetings. The food is excellent by the way. We were shown to our waiting lounge where they serve the finest Chardonnay. What can I say; being rich has its perks.

 

Oh by the way did I ever mention that I hate waiting-yeah well, now you know. And this people we were supposed to meet are late by half an hour. Not saying I’m pissed off on the first meeting itself-but something very close to that.

 

But when they actually made their grand entrée, I literally gawked.

 

Initially I had thought that since it’s going to be a date/dinner with your soon to be future husband, some extra effort would be expected from the girl’s part. Maybe put on a nice flowy dinner dress, hair permed or straightened, apply some heavy make-up with thick, fake eyelashes and chili red lipstick -you know, that sort of things.

 

But she was a piece of art-in case you didn’t get it; I meant it in the most sarcastic way possible.

 

Don’t get me wrong. She was beautiful, but come on! A pair of skinny black jeans and a cashmere knit sweater with black and red stripes, double her size, wasn’t really how I pictured my future fiancée would dress up.

 

She was wearing sneakers….sneakers for god sake. What happened to wearing a 5 inch tall heel that drives any man crazy? And her hair…short? Someone please run a bulldozer over me.

 

Her eyes locked on mine and she smiled. For a moment I forgot how to breathe. Isn’t that the most adorable smile I had ever seen? And her eyes, God gracious, her eyes were dark brown pair of wonders that stares right through your soul. And her....

 

Wait!! I am definitely heading down the wrong path. Wasn’t I telling you how terrible she looked?

 

I cannot be attracted to her. She’s an opportunist, this is exactly what she wants. Or else no one in their right mind would dress up like that to a dinner at the Grand Hyatt. I need to get rid of her once and for all.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter