The Past

Beauty and The Billionaire
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Ok Kwang Ik never had things freely given to him on a silver platter.

 

Except for one thing in particular. A friend.

 

And not just any friend. It was a boy, who just like him, appreciates life for more than just phony contentment and fake platitudes. It was a boy whose dreams were the exact mirror of his-which pretty much includes becoming rich and powerful. It was Ham Dong Wook.

 

Though their journey started in the most unlikely way of hating each other due to the differences in status, soon in an unexpected way, both had found refuge in the other. Kwang Ik was quite the thinker; whereas Dong Wook was the one with the wealth. But their friendship went further than just sharing possible amenities that the other party seems to offer, it became a necessity that neither could live without.

 

Just like that both the boys set out to face the world. But little did they know what rough patch awaits them in the near future.

 

It wasn’t once or twice they were tested on their loyalty to the fragile cause that holds them together, but surprisingly neither abashed nor withdrew. Instead the bond grew stronger until it wasn’t just a friendship anymore, but a form of brotherhood bound by, not blood, but fidelity. And it continued until both the boys grew up into teenagers and eventually teenagers into man.

 

In due course, both Kwang Ik and Dong Wook managed to enroll in a college and studied together. It was during these blissful years that Dong Wook met the woman of his life, Song Rae Mun and decided to get married. Even better, a few years later, Song Rae Mun introduced Kwang Ik to her best friend Kim Mi Sook and both of them fell in love so deeply, he asked her to marry him on their third date.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter