Messed Up Truth

The Broken Music-Box
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

  “I’m so nervous, I feel like my heart is going to go into my digestive system,” said Luna as she was fanning herself in Krystal’s room. It was finally Friday and as usual, Mrs. Jung was at Kyungsoo’s house for their weekly book club and Jessica was at college, attending class so the rest of Krystal’s friends’ heads over to her house to interview Chen’s parents. “That’s gross, and don’t worry; make this like your very first interview even though it’s not someone famous,” said Kyungsoo as he pats her back.

   “And I thought you’ve always wanted to be a journalist,” Baekhyun smirked as he set up the equipment for later. He borrowed them all from his brother’s recording studio that’s going to be used for Krystal, Sulli, Kyungsoo and Jongin to spy on Luna and Baekhyun while they interview Chen’s parents. Chen, on the other hand, is going to act like he doesn’t know anything and that it was time for him to know about Jongin.

  It was a full-proof plan, if he does says it himself—it would all fall into place if Mr. and Mrs. Kim agrees to do the interview. “I have them journalist jitters, you know!” Luna exclaimed as she pulled her hair back and fanned herself. “Yeah… that’s not a thing, and—you have to do this, because you agreed to it,” Krystal reminded her but Luna sighed again.

  “Well, I’m ready—so you better, too,” said Baekhyun as he clasped his hands together and the rest of the people in the room turned to him. “Thanks again for helping me with this, Baek—I owe you big time,” said Krystal, smiling at him and he just nodded. “Anything for my girl,” he said as he walked outside of her room. Jongin came flying into the room and the moment Kyungsoo turned around and they both laid their gaze on each other, Jongin smiled brightly but Kyungsoo just blinked.

  What made Kyungsoo wanted to jump was that Jongin flew towards him and as he prepared himself to fall off and introduce his back to the floor, his feet were perfectly placed on the floor and turned around only to see that instead of being hugged by Jongin, he passed through him and that made the ghost a bit sad.

  The moment he’s reunited with his best friends after many years and he hoped that he could hug him, give him a kiss or two, and mess with his hair but alas, he couldn’t. He thought that just because he could have physical contact with Krystal, meaning that he would have contact with everybody else. But damn, he didn’t know how wrong he was.

  “What was that all about?” Kyungsoo asked Krystal and she just sighed. “You are his best friend when he was alive—not really you, but a past version of you, I think,” she tried to explain and Kyungsoo just nodded slowly. “Can I talk to him?” he wondered as he turned his head towards Jongin who was looking sad.

  “Hi, do you know my name?” he asked him politely and when Jongin heard that, he tilted his head up and gasped. “You’re Kyungsoo,” he only said and Kyungsoo’s face lightens up. “I can talk to him!” he exclaimed happily as he cheered with both of his fists up in the air. Jongin smiled to himself; even though he couldn’t touch him, at least he could talk to him.

  “That’s great! Now he has other people to talk to besides me!” said Krystal and Jongin looked at her horridly. “I’m just kidding—but you’ve got to admit, I can’t be the only one you could talk with,” she said and Jongin smiled softly. “Maybe if I was a clairvoyant, I could talk to him as well,” Sulli muttered loud enough for everyone to hear as she was busy setting up the computers and speakers.

  “Can we talk about this some other time? It’s time to get going like… already,” said Baekhyun lazily as he leaned on Krystal’s room’s door frame. “He’s right—we don’t want to waste daylight,” said Luna as she stood up from Krystal’s bed and walked towards Baekhyun. “I’ll call Chen to see if he’s ready to act,” said Krystal as she flipped her phone up and dialed his number.

  “We’ll pretend to come out at the corner of the road—then they won’t suspect a thing,” said Luna as she took out her car keys and the whole gang nodded. “Let’s get this show on the road then,” Sulli clasped her hands together and spun on her chair. “Sit with me, Jongin-ssi; I want to hear everything what I was like before I was born!” Kyungsoo patted the empty spot next to him on Krystal’s bed.

  “You ready?” Baekhyun asked Luna as he held the recording equipment in his hands. Luna eyed him from head to toe and he looked perfect as a journalist’s assistant since Baekhyun really worked up with the get up and everything; he wore a red snapback turned around on his head and a black plain t-shirt with brown khakis and typical converse shoes. She, on the other hand, has her peach dress shirt on and a gray pencil skirt.

  She looks more like a journalist from the news than a college student; but she needs to look professional.

  “Let’s do this,” she said as ringed the doorbell and felt her stomach fell. When the door opened, revealed a middle-aged lady, who looked confuse seeing two strangers out her front door. “Good afternoon, ma’am, I’m Park Sunyeon, I’m from KIU taking journalism there,” Luna introduced herself first-handedly. “And I am Byun Baekhyun, I also take journalism there and acts as her assistant for today,” Baekhyun then introduced himself.

  “I’m sorry for bothering you but may we come in? We promise it won’t be long,” she assured, keeping up with the polite act. “Yes, please—come in,” Mrs. Kim opened the door widely as she let in the two into the living room. “Who is it, Jongsu?” a man asked but stopped when he saw both Luna and Baekhyun.

  “They’re from the university, and I’m not sure myself why they’re here, actuall

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter