Lonesome Companions: Part II

The Broken Music-Box
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

  “Really, Minhyuk, this isn’t necessary,” said Krystal as she rubbed her burning wrists from Minhyuk’s death grip. “Don’t play hard to get with me outside of school, too, Krystal—and don’t be such a party pooper!” he just said as he put two tokens in the slot of a shooting game. “And think of this as an opportunity of a lifetime—it’s not like you’re going to go out on a date with me again, right?” he flashed a smile at her but Krystal just pursed her lips together. “I swear, this punk is going to get the best of me,” Jongin muttered as he stood beside Krystal.

  “Please, pleeeeaaaseeee do something to him, Jongin,” Krystal turned to him and pleaded. Jongin would do that for her, but first, he would like to see what this punk would do to impress Krystal with all his wits. “Hold on, let me see how he goofs out first,” Jongin claimed as he watched him set up the game.”Here’s your gun,” Minhyuk suddenly handed Krystal a plastic gun shooter as she blinked at it confusingly. “But I thought you’re the only one playing?” she asked him absent-mindly but he just chuckled.

  “Now where’s the fun in that?” he said as he held his own gun and waited for the game to load. “Jongin, do something!” Krystal quickly hissed at him and Jongin nodded. When the game started, and aliens started swarming on the screen, Minhyuk began shooting them and Krystal didn’t even tried to beat him. Jongin rolled his eyes at her and cheated for her, giving points to Krystal more than Minhyuk did. In the end, Krystal won effortlessly—literally and instead of being upset about it, Minhyuk was actually impressed.

  “Not bad, Kryssie… I feel more competitive now!” he winked at her and Krystal held back a groan. “Thanks a lot,” she said sarcastically to Jongin as Minhyuk moved on to some other game. “Hey, you told me to do something!” Jongin shrugged and Krystal just narrowed her eyes at him. “Krystal, come here! I’ve got a game that you won’t be able to win against me!” Minhyuk called from where he’s at.

  “Do it properly next time, so we could actually get to spend time together?” Krystal hissed at him and reminded him the purpose why they were there in the first place. Jongin opened and closed his mouth before he nodded in agreement. As he and Krystal approached Minhyuk, he was playing a racing game and he was sitting on a motorcycle that was platformed on the floor. “This is the game that you won’t be able to defeat me in,” he smirked at her as he selected a level.

  “Oh, I got a good one for this—wait and see,” Jongin said as he faded away from Krystal’s side. “And if you don’t beat my high score in this one, we’ll just have to play another game until you do,” Minhyuk smirked at Krystal’s direction as she looked at him with a blank expression. “Don’t get your hopes high,” she warned him but he just shook his head. When the game started, Minhyuk raced through the computer generated opponents swiftly and was leading in the race.

  As a girl, Krystal knew that she couldn’t beat him in this kind of games—what kind of girl would play with it anyways? Probably the ones who wants to impress some boys but seriously—which girl would? Krystal just stared at his score that displayed top right on the screen, that’s when she spotted something at the background of the setting in the race. She came closer to Minhyuk just to take a better look and Minhyuk wanted to scream happily when she came near.

  Then there it is again! Something familiar that doesn’t belong in the game, and from there—Krystal knew where this was going. While Minhyuk was so into the game and at the same time, trying to wow Krystal, he spotted something beside the roadside and got his eyes off the road. “Whoa,” he whimpered a bit but got his head back in the game. Then he saw it again, and it started to irritate him a little.

  After a while of seeing but ignoring that thing, it just got clearer as Minhyuk was almost to the finish line during the final lap. “Did you see that?” he quickly turned his head asking Krystal and looked back at the screen when he saw a clearer vision of the thing. Krystal didn’t know whether she wanted to nod or to lie—instead, she stayed quiet and cleared a bit. When Minhyuk was so into the game, he was stoke when he got almost to the finish line until he saw a man in the middle of the road with blood dripped down his face in a swiveling smile that made him jump off the bike.

   “What the hell was that!?” he demanded as he stood up and brushed off the specs on his pants. “What?” Krystal asked innocently, though she did saw what he saw.  “You mean you didn’t see it? There’s this messed up dude, covered in blood, in the middle of the road of a racing game! That’s not normal,” Minhyuk phrased but Krystal shook her head.

  “I didn’t see anything,” she kept implying but Minhyuk believed what he saw.  “I-Is there something going on with the game? Or is it just this place?” he wondered as he looked around the arcade. “If I were you… I would say this arcade because this place has been here even before we were even born,” Krystal noted to him and that made him even more terrified. “I have to get out of here,” he said as he a heel and walked out of the arcade as Krystal smiled triumphantly.

  “I didn’t know that you could do that!” Krystal cheered as she found Jongin standing behind her next. “I didn’t know I could do that either—I think I have plans to scare your sister next,” he winked at her knowingly and Krystal giggled. “Come on—I’m in the mood for some games now!” Krystal exclaimed as she grabbed his hand and dragged him along with her to some games that she is attracted to. Jongin Was glad that he got rid of Minhyuk so that he could be only with Krystal again and finally, she’s got the spirit to have fun in the arcade.

  They did many things; they played the Dance Revolution

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter