Now You See Me

The Broken Music-Box
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

  Sulli was deadly terrified after she saw who supposed to be Luna in the mirror after ‘she’ made an ear-bleeding wail that made Sulli on the verge of tears. “Sulli, what happened!?” the rest of her friends stormed back downstairs as they approached her as she was crouching on the floor, covering her ears and screamed terrified.

  While her friends came on and comforted her and asking what happened, Jongin cackled silently as he flew out of the mirror and perched on the staircase’s railing as he watched the whole scene. Jongin didn’t knew who Sulli was and neither does he have a clue about the other people that Krystal allowed to brought in the house but her only orders was to never haunt her family members, not everyone else.

  While he was looking over the group of people, Jongin’s head turned at one side and noticed a petite young man looking at his direction with widened eyes. Confused, he stared at him back as he began wondering to himself, can he see me? Jongin could hardly tell if he could because normally if other people saw him, they would be terrified but this boy surprisingly taking this calmly.

  While Krystal was trying to calm Sulli down, she figured out that Jongin must’ve messed with her and noted to herself that she needs to have some ground rules after her friends left her house. What made her surprised was that Kyungsoo was staring at the stairs as if they were more important than what’s happening at the moment. She followed his gaze and saw that he was actually looking directly at Jongin, who stared at him back blankly.

  “Kyung…” Krystal called out as she walked towards him. “Can you… see him?” she asked in a hushed a voice as he glanced at her and nodded slowly. “What do you mean he can see me?” Jongin asked when he overheard what she just said and Krystal was surprised at he was. “Why is there a ghost in your new house, Krystal?” Kyungsoo asked her instead, loud enough for the other’s to hear.

  “What?” Krystal jumped when she heard the other’s voice. She turned to them and saw that Chen, Baekhyun and Luna looking at her quizzically as Luna was busy comforting the sobbing Sulli. “What do you mean there’s a ghost?” Chen squinted his eyes at her as she just sighed, a lump in formed as she did not know what to say. “What’s going on down here?” she looked up and saw Jessica making her way downstairs.

  “Jessica,” Krystal walked over to her worriedly as Jessica looked at her confusingly. “What happened?” she asked worriedly as a thin line formed on Krystal’s lips. “He… can see him,” she glanced at Kyungsoo who was still staring at Jongin. “And… they, should know about it,” Krystal looked back at her friends as they gave her weird looks.

 Jessica hesitantly sighed and nodded as she motioned everyone to the living room to have a seat, and start explaining everything. “You see, it started with a music-box,” she said and the whole group listens carefully to her story. Surprisingly, they all took in all well—not freaking out or even bothered to not listen and go to the front door.

  “And… he wants me to find his body,” said Krystal finally as the others just averted their eyes on the floor, not knowing what to do and what to say. “Why don’t you just cleanse the house or something?” Baekhyun openly suggested as Jongin glared at him, causing shivers down his spine. “Can’t you see? If he doesn’t rejuvenate back into this world then I will die alone,” said Krystal worriedly. It has been many years since Jongin died and obviously, the Krystal from his time must’ve suffered a lot and would not love anyone else. Her whereabouts remains unknown and Krystal honestly think that she might passed on already alone because she already exists.

  “Is he that good-looking for you to not cleanse the house?” Baekhyun asked and Krystal gave him a bored look. “If you can’t accept the fact that I won’t love anyone else, then fine—leave this out then,” Krystal snapped and he just sighed. Sometimes, he just couldn’t understand Krystal and wondered why he bothered being friends with her. But still, she was still Baekhyun’s friend, and if he wants to stay that way, he has no other choice but to agree.

 “Alright, I’m in—but just this once,” Baekhyun rolled his eyes and Krystal smiled at him, happy that he finally agreed. “So, we all agree to help the poor soul find his body?” Luna suddenly stood up from her seat and looked at everyone. “Count me in,” said Chen.

  “Even though he scared me to death, I would still help him,” Sulli reluctantly agreed but managed to put a smile on her face. “I still can’t believe that I could see him, so yeah—I’m in,” said Kyungsoo, still fascinated by his sudden new ability. “Oh, this is going to be a great scoop—I just know it!” Luna exclaimed happily as she clapped her hands and Krystal looked over her friends with a satisfied smile, glad that she won’t be the only one helping this out.

  “Thank you guys so much,” Krystal thanked them all whole heartedly. “Before we do anything else,” Jessica suddenly said and stood up from her seat. “We need to know if big eye here is a clairvoyant,” she suddenly claimed and Kyungsoo widened his eyes. “What?” he looked at her confusingly.

  “And I know just who to go,” Jessica smiled knowingly.

  “Yup, he’s totally a clairvoyant,” Victoria confirmed as she withdrew her hands away from Kyungsoo’s temples. The whole group practically crammed in Luna’s car as Jessica drove them to Victoria’s place to see if Kyungsoo is really like her; a clairvoyant. “How can you tell?” Kyungsoo asked her as she just chuckled.

  “Our eyes has this kind of shield that can protect our sight from something that cannot be seen from the eye,” Victoria explained as she brushed her hands off. “You, dearie, are a clairvoyant—but not a strong one like I am; you’re just able to see spirits, is all,” she finished and Kyungsoo nodded at her. “So, his… ‘shield’ is removed then?” Sulli suddenly asked and the lady nodded.

  “I don’t know how and when but yes—his ‘shield’,” she quoted with her fingers. “Has been removed,” she repeated. “Can you remove my ‘shield’ then?” Sulli asked excitingly as the whole group gave her a look. “I’ve always wanted to be a clairvoyant!” she exclaimed but Baekhyun just groaned. “You’d scare the out of yourself if you were one, heck—you can’t even handle when you saw him in the mirror!” he reminded her and she just pouted at the thought of it.

  “I would be glad to remove the ‘shield’ but,” Victoria chuckled and paused. “Are you ready to face the consequences?” she finished with a snicker on her face and that Sulli shook her head profusely, terrified of what the ‘consequences’ meant. “Good, so yeah—He’s a clairvoyant, that should make your job a whole lot easier, Krystal, since you’re not the only one that can he see him anymore,” she concluded at last and Krystal nodded.

  “Since he’s clairvoyance is still a bit raw, he would do just fine for your quest to find the body—if you already know how to find the body,” Victoria pointed out as well. “We’re still on it, and we’ll get to it eventually,” said Krystal as she scratched her head. “I wish you luck then; just don’t hurt yourselves when you’re at it, got that?” the lady warned the group and they all nodded.

  “Thanks again, Vic—you’re a big help,” Jessica grasped her hand and gave it a little squeeze as Victoria just smiled and nodded at her. “It’s no problem; I’m glad you all don’t think me as a freak like other people do,” she thanked her back. The group then left the place and back into Luna’s car as Jessica made a bumpy ride back to Krystal’s neighborhood.

  “And where have you’ve all been going?” Mrs. Jung questioned once the front door was being open and Krystal and Jessica exchanged glances worriedly. “We were out,” Krystal simply said, as her friends behind her peered from her back. “Where?” Mrs. Jung simply as

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter