False Accusations

The Broken Music-Box
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

  “Right,” said Baekhyun as he, Luna, Sulli, Kyungsoo and Krystal who brought the music box along in her hands, stood in front of the teacher’s lounge where they need to meet Mr. Zhang first thing in the morning. They were supposed to be with Chen but they couldn’t contact him, and usually, he would be here more early than the others. But they didn’t mind since they knew that they could do this without him as well.

  “Let’s do this,” said Baekhyun again as he turned the latch of the order and entered the lounge as the others followed. They ducked they’re heads to avoid the teacher’s gazes in the room and they tried to be quiet as possible. They looked around for Mr. Zhang’s table, where he could probably be at this time of the day. The gang knew that they have to settle this once and for all by today because it’s been three weeks already before October is over.

  After Krystal and Jongin reached home last Saturday, and after she ate dinner and Jongin had some alone time in his music-box, as promised, he sleeps with her that night. Krystal knew he needed some company so she invited him to bed and she enveloped herself in his arms as he cried silently to sleep as Krystal followed suit. Krystal then thought that she has to do something about Mr. Zhang first thing on Monday morning once her friends get together again.

  “!” Chen cursed as he stumbled through the school doors after he wrote his name on the late list. “Of all days, I have to be late on this one!” he exclaimed through gritted teeth as he sprinted to the teacher’s lounge which was two wings away from the school gates. “Why is it so damn far away?!” he complained as he took a short cut around the halls.

  “Mr. Zhang,” said one of them as Mr. Zhang looked up at them surprisingly and noted how crowded his cubicle was suddenly. “Oh, what can I do for you?” he asked politely as he exchanged glances against each and every one of them. “We need to talk about something really important,” said Luna as she crossed her arms and gave him a disappointing look.

  “Well,” said Mr. Zhang as he took off his glasses and placed it on the side of the table. “What can I help with?” he said as he has his uttermost attention at the group. Krystal gripped on the music-box behind her as she cursed inside her mind that how Mr. Zhang is so innocent could do such a thing? She could hardly believe that he was the one that actually murdered Jongin.

 But it all did make sense anyways—Chen’s parents knew him, Jongin recognizes his name and even Chen said that he has been really fishy around him. So it’s no doubt that he’s the murderer of all this. What questions in Krystal’s mind is what will happen next; would they turn him up to the police? Demand his side of view of his explanation? God will know what happens later and all Krystal has to do is just hope nothing seriously bad would happen later.

  “Do you recall the name of Kim Jongin?” Baekhyun started off slowly but Mr. Zhang didn’t seem to be on guard when he heard the name. “Yes—he was my classmate,” he told them and Luna snickered in her mind that he doesn’t know what he’s going into later. “I suppose you already know that he’s dead, right?” Sulli then continued for Baekhyun as she crossed her arms. “Y-Yes, that was a long time ago,” he stuttered a bit, making them a bit suspicious.

  “So you know nothing about his death?” Luna then questioned him as Krystal shut her lips tight, leaving herself out of this before she could say anything that would be appropriate. “What the police says is that it was suicide, but to me there was something more than that considering that they never found his body,” Mr. Zhang confessed and the group was shocked at how much he knew about the case.

  “So, what do you assume of his death?” Baekhyun then asked him as Mr. Zhang looked up the ceiling, giving the question some thought for a while. “A homicide, maybe—since he had a really bad enemy back then,” Mr. Zhang finally said as he nodded at them profusely. The whole group exchanged glances with each other as they gave out their signals to reveal who Mr. Zhang really was.

  “That’s right, it was a homicide,” Luna suddenly concluded, making Mr. Zhang raise an eyebrow at her. “Because you’re his murderer,” she later emphasized causing the teacher’s eyes to widen. “W-what?” he stammered as he looked at them nervously. “Don’t act innocent, Mr. Zhang—if that’s even your name!” Sulli suddenly exclaimed, making Baekhyun glared at her for a while.

  “You wanted the scholarships to China so badly, and was jealous of Kim Jongin because he got it, and killed him giving you his scholarships,” Baekhyun then started pointing his finger at the teacher, making him really confused than before. Krystal flicked her eyes at everyone, looking at their expressions, and it seems that her friends are really confident about this and she could see how puzzled Mr. Zhang was about all this.

  Maybe he’s not the murderer? A voice ringed in Krystal’s mind. Kyungsoo saw how unsettled Krystal was during the accusation and he felt dishelved as well. There was something terribly wrong here but he couldn’t put a finger on it and how wrong it was considering that everyone confirmed that Mr. Zhang was the killer but Kyungsoo was not completely convinced about it.

  “I-I don’t know what you are saying,” Mr. Zhang stammered at them, still confused with everything that happened. He looked from Baekhyun to Kyungsoo and to the others and how they all looked at him disappointingly but still, even if he wants to help, he has no idea how considering that he was the one who was put to blame. What did he do this time, an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter