Good Ghost

The Broken Music-Box
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

  Krystal's eyes immediately popped open when her right foot was being yanked by a strong force. She backed away until her back hits the headboard as she scanned her room to see if somebody else was in the room with her. Ever since she saw the shadow, she threw her nightlight away and her father even questions about it, too. "But you can't sleep without it, you never did since you were eight," said Mr. Jung when he saw three nightlight in the wastebin in the kitchen. "Daddy, I'm 17 this year; I think I've out-grown nightlights," said Krystal as a matter of factly. The truth was that she's afraid that she would see the shadow again and that's something to be avoided.

  She gulped as she glanced at her alarm clock. She expected that it would probably be around 4 a.m or whatever and hopefully that she could sleep in a little further before it rings; but she narrowed her eyes at the clock when it showed that it was 6 a.m in the morning, the exact time she's supposed to wake up... but why didn't it ring? she then thought to herself. She just shook off the thought and guessed that maybe the ghost, Jongin, must've woke her up. "Thank you...?" said Krystal uncertainly as she climbed out of bed and grabbed her towel before she went to the bathroom.

  Jongin, on the other hand, was relieved that he actually made her a favor. He didn't know how many hours has it been since here started watching her sleep so he just glanced at her alarm clock on her night stand and it was almost six. Turns out, Krystal didn't actually set the alarm to go off although she did set the time. Jongin didn't know how he was supposed to wake her because if he didn't, she would've been late for school. But besides that, he was actually shocked with himself.

  He actually can touch her.

  Jongin couldn't believe it; he didn't know how but it actually happened and he's excited about the thought of it. He smiled to himself and chuckled quietly and after a while, Krystal returned to the room with a towel wrapped around her petite body. Flustered, Jongin quickly hid back in the music-box and didn't dare to take a peek at her. He doesn't want to be reckless and he surely doesn't want Krystal to think of him as a erted ghost just because he could see her, but she can't see him. Jongin also can't imagine let alone thought about how she looked like bare. "," Jongin grunted inside the music-box as he covered his burning face and tried to think of something else.

  "Morning," Krystal greeted her parents at the dining table as she sat down opposing her father. "You look better than yesterday," Mrs. Jung commented as she passed her daughter a tuna sandwich and Krystal smiled sheepishly. "I had a good sleep," she later admitted as Mr. Jung peered her through his reading glasses. "That's great to hear, dear-- and don't forget, we're going to tend the garden after school," Mrs. Jung reminded her as Krystal just nodded. The only reason why Krystal and her mother can only tend the garden is because her father isn't the best gardener plus he has to work and that Jessica claimed that she's allergic to dirt, and she probably has some classes from the afternoon until the evening. Plus, Jessica won't be up until Mrs. Jung drags her out of bed sooner or later.

  Once Mr. Jung and Krystal finished with their breakfast, they then started moving to the door and as Mr. Jung went to warm up the car and Krystal was busy wearing her shoes when suddenly someone came out of the front door next door. Krystal glanced up and was surprised to see who it was neighboring her.

  “Chen, is that you?” Krystal then asked the figure as he was walking to his motorbike. He snapped his head towards her and held a finger up to his lips. “Don’t call me that! My parents might hear it,” he then hissed and Krystal pursed her lips. Chen wasn’t actually his real name; he’s actually Kim Jongdae but since he has a towards Chinese poetry and decided to make everyone else call him by his Chinese name given by his Chinese tutor. The reason why he doesn’t want his parents to hear and know about his liking towards Chinese poetry is because they are major racists towards them just because smth happened in the past that Krystal didn’t really know about.

  “Oh wow, didn’t expect to have you as the new neighbor,” Chen admitted as he leaned on the face dividing their houses. “I didn’t know you lived here,” Krystal shrugged as she stood up and brushed off the dirt from her skirt. “I’ve been here forever, I just never go out in public,” Chen admitted and Krystal just chuckled.

  “Dear, time to go,” Mr. Jung then got out of his car and called his daughter. “Oh, who’s this?” he then noticed Chen as he walked towards them. “Kim Jongdae, sir; one of the debaters from Middleton High,” Chen quickly introduced himself to Mr. Jung as he held out his hand to shake h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter