*Chapter 9*

You're My Santa!

 

 

DECEMBER 24, 2013

 

~ZELO'S POV~

 

I like Jehyun a lot. I like her so much that I can't bear her getting mad at me so now I am really happy that she isn't mad at me anymore.

 

I like her a lot that's why I pretended to be Santa Claus and sent her the gifts she wanted to receive because I know it will make her happy. I did all of that.

 

Firstly, I did take her wish list that was on top of the glass table. It was the time when I went to Daehyun's house so we could start working on our Home Economics project, which is making a children's table. I bought her a cotton candy when we were at the mall even though Daehyun would get mad at me. What to do? I can't bear seeing her sad.

 

Daehyun knows it all, my feelings for her, me pretending to be Santa Claus. Everything. He even helped me in shopping the 12 gifts for Jehyun.

 

I hate it when she goes near to Kyungjae but at least now she herself confirmed it that they won't get back together again. It always makes me jealous. I wanted to punch that Kyungjae during that time when they were in front of Minjung's gate, about to kiss, when he was standing beside her during Christmas party waiting for Daehyun.

 

I envy Kyungjae a lot because he can be Jehyun whenever he wants, they're classmates. I even envy him for the fact that she was once his.

 

By the way, I knew that the big teddy bear was from Kyungjae so now you were probably wondering why I offered to carry that teddy bear for her right? It is because when I see her hugging it, in my eyes, it was Kyungjae that she's hugging. Crazy right? 

 

The day when I saw Jehyun and Kyungjae kissing at the park bench, that was when I wasn't able to control myself because of jealousy. I felt my heart cracking in half when I saw that scene. I didn't know what came to me that day that made me punch Kyungjae. I wanted him to be ripped apart but what shocked me most was when Jehyun shouted at me and even got mad at me for doing that. I admit it was really wrong but I can't help, I just wanted to give that guy what he truly deserves after breaking Jehyun's heart. I don't even remember Daehyun telling me that I should punch that Kyungjae for him the only reason that came into my mind when I punched him was because I like Jehyun and I felt jealous. Good thing she isn't mad at me anymore.

 

My most memorable day was when it was midnight and I saw her on a swing in a park. You were also probably wondering why I was awake back then right? Well, I couldn't sleep just like Jehyun so I just decided to take the gifts to her house and leave it on their doorstep. Since I wasn't sleepy after it, I decided to practice some tricks with my skateboard at the park. 

 

Speaking of skateboard, I miss my skateboard already. I haven't played with it for days now for the fact that it was broken after I threw it because I was also mad at Jehyun for taking sides with Kyungjae but I still kept it even if it was broken because it has so many memories with Jehyun.

 

Back to the story, I saw her at the park and I even played a prank on her pretending to be a ghost. I taught her a few tricks using my beloved skateboard and then we ate ramen at a convenience store because she got hungry.

 

I would always want to go back to that day and I would never get tired of it. I wonder what would it feel like if we were together. Would we be happy just like that day?

 

Now I was walking to their house to give her 11th wish, a Janus album with signatures of all Boyfriend members. It's really obvious that she is a loyal Boyfriend fangirl. The album was the hardest gift of all. It wasn't really hard to buy the album but it was really hard to get the members sign it specially when they didn't have any fan signing event. I even went to Starship Entertainment and squeeze myself into crowds of fangirl. I still vividly remember that day when I experienced being a so-called fanboy of Boyfriend.

 

|Flashback|

 

I woke up early so I can arrive early at the entertainment. Everyone else in the house was still asleep so I just left a note and sticks it on the fridge.

 

The note:

 

I went out early. I'll be home before dinner.

 

~Junhong

 

When I arrived at the entertainment building, there were a lot of fans lining up. I asked one of the girls.

 

"Excuse me, why are you lining up?" I ask politely.

 

"Boyfriend would be coming here to practice for their new song. We are all waiting for them to arrive." She says. I just nod back at her.

 

I just stood at the last girl on the line and waited for Boyfriend to arrive. After some minutes of waiting, the girls started to squeal and I thought my eardrums would break.

 

"Saranghae Minwoo oppa!"

 

"Saranghae Donghyun oppa!"

 

"Saranghae Jeongmin oppa!"

 

"Saranghae Hyunseong oppa!"

 

"Saranghae Jo Twins!"

 

That was some of their squeals. I tried to squeeze myself in further to the crowd of girls trying to get near the van that was going inside the parking lot of the building. Good thing Jehyun doesn't go to this kind of things, I don't want her to experience this ever in her life.

 

"Hyungs, I need your help!" I shouted while tapping the windows of the van. I hope they notice me. I feel like a sasaeng fan right now -_- Well, I'm doing this in the name of love.

 

The van had already went in inside the parking lot but the fans still kept on screaming as if it will make their oppas come out. They all stood there waiting for quite minutes.

 

"This is no use. They aren't going to come out again." One sighs.

 

"Better go back tomorrow." Another one adds and one by one the sea of people gets lesser and lesser until around 5 to 10 people were left including me.

 

It takes another 5 minutes before the remaining girls left and I was the only one left. Even though I was the one left, the thought of going back home didn't enter my mind. I didn't wake up early and waste money on the bus fare just to get home without getting what I came for. I am going to wait for them even if it rains.

 

I stayed sitting on the sidewalk with my legs crossed for another half hour and my tummy is already grumbling. Boyfriend hyungs, when are you going to come out?

 

A guard comes to me. Is he going to ask me to leave? "Stand up. Someone wants to talk to you."

 

I stand up and looked at him in confusion. "Ahjussi, I'm so sorry being a disturbance." I said politely and bowed at him.

 

"Kid, I am not mad. Just follow me okay? Someone wants to talk to you."

 

I nod my head, adjust the strap of my bagpack and followed him inside.

 

"Here?" I ask him. He just nods.

 

"Knock first." He says.

 

Who could it be inside? Maybe it was the president of the company who got mad because I'm staying in front of their company like a stray cat.

 

I did what the guard told me; knock. I knock and when no one answered, I let myself in.

 

"Annyeong haseyo! We are Boyfriend." A group of boys greeted me. I almost ran out of the room because I was shocked.

 

I also bow back at them. "Annyeong haseyo. Choi Junhong imnida." I introduced myself.

 

They all sat down on the floor, legs crossed.

 

"Come and sit down." Jeongmin pats the empty space in front of them.

 

I actually searched about their member profiles on the net because I knew I would be meeting them. I practically memorized their faces and names; I didn't want to get embarrassed once I meet them.

 

I give him a smile and sat down in front of them with legs crossed as well.

 

"You were the only guy I saw this morning along with the other fangirls." Minwoo says, chuckling a little bit at the end.

 

"And you still even waited after all the girls have left." Donghyun adds.

 

I let out a sheepish smile. "I thought you didn't notice me."

 

"What help do you need anyways?" Youngmin asks. So they heard me a while ago?

I sighed. "If I would explain, it would take long."

 

"It's okay. We don't mind. We're on our break anyways." Kwangmin reassures. So I start to tell them my story starting from my feelings for Jehyun and to my wish list.

 

"So that was it." Jeongmin cooed when I finished my story. "You came all the way here just to grant her wish."

 

"How sweet~" Hyunseong cooed as well.

 

"We're happy to help. Do you have the album?" Donghyun asks.

 

I got my bag and opened it and fished out the album. "Here."

 

Donghyun takes it from me and they all start to sign one by one.

 

"Kamsahamnida." I bowed while smiling.

 

"No problem. Do you still need anything?" Jeongmin asks.

 

"Is it to much too ask if ----"

 

|End of Flashback|

 

I snap out of my reverie when I noticed I was already near Daehyun's house. He was already outside.

 

"Bro!" We both said in unison and we both fist bumped each other.

 

"Here it is." I give to him the signed album.

 

"11th wish. Thanks." He smiles at and gives me a manly hug.

 

"I'll get going now." I say. I know they were still going somewhere and Daehyun just find time to meet up with me before they leave the house for their grand family reunion. It's always held during Christmas evening. I know too much of their family even when I'm not part of it. Haha.

 

I was about to sprint away when I hear my name being called by Jehyun.

 

"Oppa!" She shouts so I turned around to see her. I looked at Daehyun and good thing he already put the album inside the sling bag he brought with him.

 

She hugs me tightly as if we hadn't seen each other for years. Butterflies in my tummy were already starting to fly around again.

 

"I know you missed oppa." I say breaking the hug and ruffled her hair.

 

"Ani. I didn't miss you. I just needed a hug because I felt cold." She cheekily replies sticking her tongue out at me. I take a second to stare at her beauty, she was wearing a floral dress and a polka-dot cardigan and red flat shoes. Simple yet elegant. She is always pretty.

"You look pretty Jehyun-ah." I complimented.

 

She let out a chuckle. "Thanks but I know you said that because I am your little sister."

 

"Of course not. Sister or not, you're still pretty."

 

"Since you're here, I am going to give you your Christmas gift." She runs back to their house. After a minute, she comes out while riding on a skateboard and she stops in front of me. I can see she still remembers what I thought her.

 

"Merry Christmas oppa~" She hands me the skateboard with a bright smile on her face.

 

I gladly took it from her. "You didn't have to."

 

"But I wanted to." She replies back.

 

"Thank you Jehyun-ah. Merry Christmas~" I say and bent down to give her a kiss on the cheek. I looked at Daehyun who was standing beside her and he was glaring at me already. Oops. Totally forgot that I'm still isn't allowed to kiss her even just on the cheeks not until we are officially together.

 

I looked to Daehyun and mouthed 'sorry' to him.

 

"Oppa, I need to go back inside. I'm still not yet done with the make-up." She chuckles and then went inside again.

 

"I'll get going now." I said to Daehyun.

 

He just nods. "Tomorrow?"

 

"Tomorrow."

~~~

Merry Christmas guys!

By the way, to the Filipino readers; who's going to the K-con this Saturday at SMX?