*Chapter 4*

You're My Santa!

 

DECEMBER 16, 2013

 

Ugh. Today is another day at school but at least today we aren't going to have lessons, we'll just be watching a play prepared by the Drama Guild members. I actually don't know the title of the play.

 

"Je, ppalli~" My brother pulls me running with all his might because the bus is about to go.

 

We successfully entered the bus and I took the seat next to the window seat while he sat next to me.

 

"You really walk like a turtle. Maybe I should just call you turtle instead of Je." He teases me. I just nod my head not bothering to retort because I was addicted to the smell of my hands. This morning I used Dearberry Ice Cream Hand Cream (Hyunseong's) and it really smells chocolates and so is my hands. I really miss eating sweets. Since I can't eat them, I'll just have to smell them. Thank you Dearberry for making hand creams with the flavors of ice cream.

 

"Can you stop sniffing your hands? You look like a dog." He says swatting my hands.

 

"Mianhae." I mumble. "It's just so addictive. It smells chocolates." I positioned my hand in front of his nose so he can smell it.

 

"It does." He smiles, his face looks amazed.

 

The bus ride to school was a total of 10 minutes. While on our seat, Oppa was playing games with his phone while I had my earphones on listening to BEAST's new song, 'Shadow'.

 

We arrived at school 20 minutes before the bell rings. As usual, Daehyun oppa will send me to my first class before he goes to his.

 

"Can you quit sniffing your hands? It's becoming a habit." He swats my hands again.

 

I let out a sheepish laugh. The smell of chocolates in my hands is really addictive.

 

We bumped into Youngjae oppa, one of my brother's friends while we were walking by the hallways.

 

"Hey~" Youngjae greets my brother and they both fist bumped.

 

"Hey there Jen!" Youngjae oppa notices my presence and he gives a pat on the head. Jen is the nickname he made up for me.

 

"Annyeong oppa!" I chimed.

 

"Sending her to class?" Youngjae oppa asks my brother while my brother just nods.

 

"You shouldn't have to. She's old enough." Youngjae oppa gives me a wink.

 

"Youngjae oppa's right." I nod in agreement. "So Daehyun oppa, why don't you just go ahead to class while I go ahead." I quickly sprinted away but he grabbed me by the collar. Sometimes, it's really irritating to have an over-protected brother.

 

"You're not going anywhere." Daehyun oppa says sternly.

 

Youngjae oppa then lets out an inward laugh. "By the way, the SC President is looking for you a while ago."

 

"SC President?"

 

"Yes. He says he needs to talk to you."

 

My brother looks at me with a 'what-did-you-do?' look. I shrugged my shoulders.

 

So, the three of us walked to where the SC office was.

 

"Jehyun-ssi, there you are." The SC President opens the door for us.

 

"Minhyuk-ssi what is it you wanted to talk about with my sister?" My brother asks, eyeing him.

 

Minhyuk just laughs. "Nothing that important. It's just that…" he bents down under his table and threw me a box, the same I received yesterday. I'm pretty sure this is from Santa Claus again. "I found this on top of my desk when I arrived and there's a note saying that I should give this to Jung Jehyun. It seems like Jehyun here has a secret admirer." He continues.

 

"It's not from a secret admirer. It's from Santa Claus." I replied. Minhyuk-ssi looks at me with wide-rounded eyes as if I'm a crazy person while Daehyun oppa face palm himself. Youngjae oppa just hung his head low fidgeting with his fingers.

 

"Why? Did I say something wrong?" I asked innocently.

 

Daehyun oppa laughs inwardly. "Sorry about my sister here. She just calls her secret admirers Santa Claus because like Santa Claus, they give gifts secretly." He covers up for me.

 

"Yeah, that was what our little Jen here was trying to say." Youngjae oppa adds. Is it really bad to believe in Santa Claus? 'Everyone of us still has an inner child', that was what my Homeroom teacher said.

 

My two oppas bowed at Minhyuk-ssi. "Kamsahamnida." I just stared at the two awkwardly.

 

Daehyun oppa nudges me by the waist. "Kamsahamnida Minhyuk-ssi." I say and we all leave the office immediately.

 

"You're really crazy~" Daehyun oppa says giving me a headlock.

 

"I am not." I retort freeing myself from his headlock and fixed my hair.

 

"Jen, Santa Claus isn't real." Youngjae oppa adds. "It's just a secret admirer."

 

"Really? Then how can he know all of the things I would like to have this Christmas? SANTA CLAUS IS REAL!" I exclaimed, my voice going a little higher at the last sentence.

 

"Such a hardheaded." Daehyun oppa sighs and rocked my head. "It's just someone pretending to be Santa Claus."

 

"Then let's see on Christmas day. Once I got my last wish." I smirked and started to walk away from them. I let them believe that Santa Claus is real, if Junhong oppa will confess to me on Christmas Day, I will ask him if Santa Claus talked to him.

 

Maybe I should stop believing in Santa Claus. People around me thinks that I'm a crazy person because a 16 years old like me still believe in that stupid childish thing.

 

"Ugh! Why am I like this?" I asked to myself, pulling my hairs frustratingly.

 

I was at the rooftop thinking things out. It's a quiet place here in school so I decided to be in here.

 

I laid flat on the floor, not bothering the uncomfortable cement.

 

 I closed my eyes.

 

"Jehyun-ah~" a familiar voice calls me and I quickly opened my eyes only to see Junhong oppa's face in front of me just inches away. I quickly managed to sit up again and that made our foreheads knocked with each other.

 

"Ouch~" He whines grabbing his forehead. I also grabbed my forehead; he has a forehead like a rock.

 

"Mianhae oppa." I quickly apologized.

 

He gives me a reassuring smile. "It's okay. It was just an accident. What were you doing here alone?"

 

"Nothing. Just thinking some things." I answered nonchalantly.

 

He takes a sit next to me, legs crossed. "Mind sharing me?"

 

"Secret~" I sang and stuck my tongue out at him.

 

He shrugs his shoulders. "One piece of advice, the floor isn't a bed baby."

 

I felt the familiar ticklish feeling once I heard him call me 'baby'.

 

I just let out a sheepish smile.

 

He pats his left leg. "If you want, you can lay your head here."

 

"Mwoh?" I asked in disbelief.

 

He blinks innocently. "Did I just say something wrong?"

 

I looked away to hide my blushing face. "Aniya."

 

He cups my face and forces me to lay my head on his lap. I tried to stand up but he doesn't let me. He really is acting sweeter to me as the day passes. Could it be, does he like me as well?

 

"Stay." He demands. I just nod my head. It really feels comfortable laying my head on his lap.

 

"You know, I also believe in Santa Claus." He suddenly blurts out.

 

"Really?"

 

"I do but that was back then when I was still little."

 

He starts to caress my hair and that made me feels sparks shoot up my spine. Oppa, you're going to make me melt.

 

Back to the story, I think I really need to stop doing wish lists and believing in Santa Claus. I bet I'm the only 16 year old in the whole universe; who still believes that Santa is real.

 

"Do you think I'm crazy?" I ask without hesitation.

 

"Crazy in what way?"

 

"That I still believe in Santa Claus." I mumble.

 

"Ani. Actually, I find it cute."

 

"Really?"

 

"But I do think your brother is right, maybe it's just a secret admirer who's been sending you those gifts." I'm guessing my brother had already told him what happened this morning.

 

I just let out a hum in response.

 

"How about we make a deal?"

 

I stood up so I can face him and this time he finally let me. I faced him.

"What deal?" I questioned.

 

"The deal is, this would be the last year you would be making a Christmas wish list and you'll stop believing in Mr. Santa Claus."

 

"That's okay with me."

 

He held up his pinky finger in front of me. "Pinky promise?"

 

I give him a smile and nod my head then I entwine my pinky with his. "Pinky promise."