*Chapter 2*

You're My Santa!

 

DECEMBER 14, 2013

 

I changed into my black and white long sleeves and then I put on my favorite Bugs Bunny hoodie, pair of skinny jeans and my shoes where my black Vans. I am set to go to school on a Saturday morning to meet up with my group mates in our Chemistry class; we are going to make an atomic model. Once I was done, I applied face powder on my face and Dearberry Kiss of Berry Tint Lip Balm of Youngmin's on my lips. I pursed my lips and smiled at myself in satisfaction. I grabbed my phone, wallet and my house keys and the folder where I put the printed researches of the atomic model; I put everything inside my backpack.

 

As I went down the stairs, I heard a loud thump. No, it wasn't my heart; it was the sound of the hammer banging the nail. Daehyun oppa was working on their project in Home Economics. He stops once he saw me.

 

"Going somewhere?" He asks.

 

I nod in return. "Yeah. I'm going to meet my group mates in my project in Chemistry."

 

His mouth forms an 'O' shape. "Take care then. Text me if you want me to pick you up."

 

"Okay." I walk to the dining room where my parents where having there breakfast.

 

"Appa, Omma, I'll get going now." I give them each a kiss on the cheek.

 

"Take care dear." Appa says as he gives me a pat on the head.

 

"Eat breakfast first." Omma suggests. I nod my head and took a piece of toast from her plate and then I went to the refrigerator to get a carton of banana milk.

 

"Bye!" I exit the dining room and went to the front door. I start to eat the piece of toast while I walk to the front door.

 

"Oppa!" I muffled, shock. Once I opened the door, Junhong oppa's face was just inches apart from mine like in just one move; our lips would already meet. I almost dropped the bread that I left in between my mouth. He steps back instinctively.

 

"Sorry." He mutters rubbing the back of his nape. How cute.

 

I took the bread out of my mouth so I could speak more properly. "Daehyun oppa is in the living room." I stepped to the right and opened the door widely for him to enter.

 

He didn't hesitate to enter and once he entered he gave me a pat on the head. "Going somewhere?"

 

"I'm going to meet my group mates in our chemistry project."

 

"Take care."

 

"I will." And with that, I came out of the house before I melt in front of him. Even if it was winter and it was snowing, it still feels hot. I quickly walked to the bus stop while I shoved the remaining piece of toast in my mouth. I jabbed the straw in my banana milk and took a sip.

 

 

The bus ride didn't take long and before I knew it, I was already at school.

 

"Jehyun-ah!" Kyungjae calls me once he saw me walking to the school gates.

 

"Where's Minjung?" I ask him.

 

"She's not yet around."

 

"Okay then, I'll just get inside to get the materials in my locker."

 

I was about to walk inside but he grabs my arm, stopping me. "What?"

 

"Let me help you."

 

I sighed. "I can handle. Wait for Minjung here." And with that, I start to walk again.

 

Kyungjae is my ex-boyfriend, the first boy who broke my heart. I can't tell you how unlucky I am that he's one of my group mates in this damn chemistry project. Our teacher did the groupings and I don't know why the hell he put Kyungjae in our group. Not that I am bitter, I just don't want being around him. It feels so uncomfortable.

 

I walked through the hallways to my locker, pissed off. Even if it was a Saturday, there are still students around, the Student Council officers and the varsity players.

 

I stopped in front of my locker, turned the lock to my combination. Once I had opened it, there was a small paper bag on top of the first shelf and it's the first one I took wondering how it got in here. Someone knew my locker combination besides me?

 

I opened the paper bag only to find inside two packs of Dearberry Vitamin Mask Pack (Minwoo's). I squealed in delight not even bothering that the SC President passed by. After some minutes of squealing in bliss, I noticed that there was a note inside as well.

 

The note:

 

Dear Jehyun,

 

Here's the Dearberry Vitamin Mask Pack of Minwoo you wished for. You don't actually need to use one; you have a natural beauty.

 

Merry Christmas little one :)

 

XOXO

Santa Claus

 

I did a mental victory inside my head. I knew it; Santa Claus is real. Once I get home, I'll shove this letter right in front of Daehyun oppa's face. Haha.

 

Now I know why my wish list went missing last time, Santa Claus might've sneaked inside our house and got it.

 

I put the paper bag inside my bagpack and took the materials that were on the second shelf of my locker.

 

I went back to where Kyungjae was waiting for me, at the school gates. When I got back, Minjung was already there.

 

We rode at Minjung's car to their house. It only took us 5 minutes before we arrived at their place. It was big, a mansion. Once we got in; the maids welcomed us.

 

Minjung led us to a room, which I guess is the music room since it has a grand piano in the corner.

 We started to work on the atomic model.

 

"Guys, I'll just get down to get us some snacks." Minjung announces and Kyungjae and me nods in reply.

 

"J-Jehyun-ah." He calls me, stuttering.

 

"What?" I asked, coldly.

 

"U-uhmm…"

 

"Kyungjae, if you're going to say something not in line with this project, I won't talk to you." I abruptly stood up from my seat and went to the grand piano. I'm good in playing the piano since I was little; it is the only music instrument I can play.

 

I opened the cover of the keys and cracked my fingers, warning up.

 

Today, I want to play 'Alone' by Sistar.

 

(insert piano version of Alone by Sistar)

 

I began to play the song along with me singing the lyrics. This is actually the song I always played for the past months after he broke up with me and know he's here, I want him to feel the pain I've been through because of him. I want him to feel guilty.

 

Okay, I act like I haven't gotten over him.

 

"I'm back with snacks." Minjung barges inside the room along with two maids holding trays of food and drinks. I stopped playing the piano and sat down on the floor next to Minjung.

 

We started to eat the snacks Minjung brought for us.

 

After we ate snacks, we continued our work. It took as an hour after we had already finished. I quickly took my phone out of my bag to text my brother to pick me up at Minjung's house.

 

"Thanks for everything Min." I said to her with a smile and then engulfed her in a big hug.

 

"Neh, Minjung-ah, thanks." Kyungjae says shyly.

 

Minjung smiles at us. "No prob. It was fun hanging out with you guys." And so the both of us went outside already and once we got outside, we were engulfed by the coldness.

 

I stopped in front of the gate because in my text message to Daehyun, I told him I'd be waiting by the gate, which is really a bad idea because of the cold weather.

 

"Let me walk you home." Kyungjae offers.

 

"No thanks. I sent my brother a text message to pick me up." I replied abruptly.

 

I rubbed both of my hands to create warm. How stupid can I get to forget my mittens at home? I noticed Kyungjae was still standing beside me.

 

"Aren't you going home?" I ask him.

 

He nods his head no. "I'm not going to leave unless I see you leave first."

 

"Suite yourself." I replied.

 

"I think you need this." He offers me his mittens.

 

"No need to. I can still take the cold."

 

We both stood in silence. I watched the snow in front of me fall. When will you come Daehyun oppa? I can't stand even just a second with this boy next to me.

 

"Jehyun-ah." He calls me. I don't know why but I felt tingles in my stomach once I heard it. I've got to admit, I missed his voice.

 

I looked to him. "What again?"

 

He grabs me by the shoulders and spun me around so now I am facing him.

 

"K-Kyungjae?" He stares at me deep in the eyes as if he was looking through my soul.

 

"Why aren't you calling me oppa?" He asked with his husky voice.

 

I just remained silent while looking back in his eyes; the eyes that I always loved to stare at back then because I could always see a glimpse of heaven through it.

 

"You used to call me 'oppa'." He states as a matter-of-factly.

 

"Yeah right, 'used to'. It was back then." I scoffed.

 

He let out a sigh. "I'm sorry Jehyun-ah. Can you give me another chance?"

 

I was beyond bewildered by his question. I didn't bother to answer instead; I just looked away from his stare.

 

He tips my chin up making me face him again. I close my eyes afraid of what's going to happen next. I can feel his breath nearer and nearer. Is he going to kiss me now? I tried to push him away still with eyes close but he grabs my hands and locks them together with his.

 

"Jehyun!" another voice calls me. I shut my eyes open and was shocked when Kyungjae's face was just an inch apart from mine. I heard he let out a hiss and looked away.

 

"Jehyun!" I heard the voice again, I looked to street in front of us and Junhong oppa was standing there, holding his skateboard with a --- mad expression?

 

"Oppa!" I call him back. I look at Kyungjae and he seems pissed off. "I-I'll get going now."

 

He nods back and starts to walk, me on the other hand crosses the street to where Junhong oppa was standing.

 

When I got to him, he really looks mad and it made me tremble on how serious he looks like, I'm not used to it.

 

"O-oppa are y-you m-mad?" I ask him.

 

He let out a hiss. "Just got into an argument with a boy down the park."

 

My mouth forms an 'O' shape. "Where's my brother?"

"He was taking a bath when you sent the message so he asked me to pick you up."

 

I nod my head and we both start to walk under the falling snow. I already wore my hood over my head. The hood has the ears of Bugs Bunny. How cute isn't it?

 

"Jehyun-ah, I don't want you coming near that boy." He says out of the blue, his eyes fixed on the road. I looked to him confusedly. "I don't want you getting hurt again. I don't want seeing you cry." He looks to me with sincere eyes. "Got it?"

 

Is it me or Junhong oppa is a lot more caring to me lately?

 

I gave him a salute. "Yes sir!"