*Chapter 5*

You're My Santa!

 

DECEMBER 17, 2013

 

"Je, wake up!" the loud knocking of Daehyun oppa wakes me up from my deep slumber. Irritated, I took my free pillow beside me and I used to cover up my ears.

 

"I'm still sleepy." I groaned.

 

"Come on, today's the Christmas party and I don't want to be late." Daehyun oppa continues to knock on the door. I shot up in bed, Christmas party you say?

 

"Oppa, just give me 30 minutes and I'll be done." I shouted back, I completely forgot that today was our Christmas party and after this it's already our Christmas break. I quickly went inside my bathroom to take a fresh shower.

 

It takes me 15 minutes to take a shower and another 15 minutes to dress up. I end up wearing a black and white stripe pullover, blue flared skirt that was above my knee showing my milky white legs and my shoes was the ribbon wedges I got for Christmas from my favorite auntie last year.

 

I prepared my floral satchel that I will bring with me. I put inside my cellphone, wallet, and pocket mirror, compact face powder. I also put inside my bag a beanie and a pair of mittens just in case.

 

After I was done with everything, I went downstairs to the dining room to eat breakfast.

 

"Good morning~" I give Appa and omma a kiss on the cheek.

 

"Morning dear~" My parents chimed.

 

"Come sit down and eat breakfast." Daehyun oppa pats the empty seat next to him and he puts fresh waffles on a plate. I didn't hesitate and took the seat next to him.

 

"Oppa, you look more handsome today." I said to him cheekily. He really is handsome wearing a raglan, the sleeves color blue, black jeans and his shoes were his black Vans. Yes, we have the same shoes.

 

"My sister does look prettier today as well." He smiles as he pours milk on my glass.

 

After eating breakfast, Appa offered us a ride to school for the reason he doesn't want people staring at me at the bus for how short my flared skirt was.

 

During the whole ride, I wasn't talking at all nor listening to songs, I was just staring blankly at the window.

 

I didn't even notice that I was already staring at the school's gate when my brother nudged me.

 

"Open the door Je, we're here." He says.

 

I nod and opened the door. "Bye Appa!" I said before completely closing the car door.

 

We enter the school; everyone was wearing civilian clothes since it was our Christmas party. I wondered what did Junhong oppa wear today; nonetheless, I know he would still be handsome in whatever clothes he wears.

 

My brother walked me to my homeroom class, as usual.

 

"Send me a text once your party is done okay?" He hands me a big paper bag where I've put all the gifts I wrapped for my friends.

 

"Okay oppa. Bye!" I tiptoed so I can give her a quick peck on the cheek before entering.

 

"Jehyun-ah!" Minjung squeals engulfing me in a hug.

 

"Minjung, Merry Christmas~" I say to her and dig inside my paper bag to find my gift for her. Once I found it, I gave it to her.

 

She smiles at me and takes it. "Thanks Jehyun. Come, I have a gift for you as well." She pulls me to a seat next to her. All the chairs were arranged in a big circle and there's a big long table where all the food was.

 

"Merry Christmas~" Minjung chimes giving me a small paper bag. I gladly took it and said thanks.

 

Not long after, the party had started. We had several games like newspaper dance; which I joined at. We also had sack race, mostly the boys in our homeroom class participated for the reason that almost all the girls where wearing skirts and heels. We also had a few rounds of 'Bring Me' game and also that game when you have to make a long line using other things; it was Boys vs. Girls but in the end it was a tie.

 

"Jehyun, help yourself out. Eat as much as you want." My teacher comes to me. We were currently eating after the fun games and after this, it was the last part of the program, the exchange gifts. I wonder who had picked up my name.

 

I nod at her and gave her a smile. "Okay seongsaengnim."

 

She then returns the smile and walks around to our other classmates. The truth is, I wanted to try out everything on the food table but my tonsils says no because half of those were sweets. There were donuts, marshmallows, there was even a big bowl filled with lollipops and candies. Do you know how hard is it to restrain yourself from eating sweets?

 

After an allotted time of 40 minutes for eating, it was now time for the best part, the exchange gifts. We were all asked by our teacher to sit on the floor in one big circle. The long food table was moved to the corner so that our teacher in the middle could sit in the middle.

 

Again, I was still wondering who got my name. We used codenames in that way it won't be so obvious. We were also asked to write a wish list of what exchange gift we would like to have. Our teacher made up our codenames, my codename was 'Yoon Bora' and the codename I picked up during our draw lots was 'Song Joongki'.

 

"Okay, so I would be starting first. The codename I got was 'Shin Min Ah'. Who got the codename 'Shin Min Ah'?" our teacher asks.

 

Minjung raises her hands.

 

"There you are. Merry Christmas Min!" Our teacher stands up to give Minjung her present then after that, she goes back to sitting in the middle then Minjung stands up.

 

"I got 'Jung Yonghwa'." She says and a boy from our class raises his hands. Shy, Minjung walks to him, greets him with a 'Merry Christmas' and gives him his gift.

 

The sequence went on and on. I got bored waiting for my turn that I decided to wear my earphones and listen to some good music. I told Minjung to call my attention if it would be my turn.

 

I was happily humming to the song 'Let It Snow' by BEAST's Gikwang and Hyunseung when Minjung nudges me calling my attention. I remove my earphones on so I could hear properly.

 

"I picked up the codename 'Yoon Bora'." Kyungjae says. I just stared at him with wide-rounded eyes. I am so unlucky.

 

"Yah! Raise your hand." Minjung nudges me again.

I slowly raise my hand.

 

"Hey~" Kyungjae greets me and he walks to where I was sitting then pulls me up then pulls me again standing in the center. He turns around to where his best friend Hyunwoo was sitting and takes a large brown teddy bear about 4 feet tall and it has a violet bow on top of his head that was sitting on top of his lap. He walks back to the standing me. All my classmates cooed.

 

"Merry Christmas~" He chimes, gives me the big teddy bear and also gives me a quick peck on the cheek. I was left dumbfounded and just got back to my senses when my teacher snapped her fingers.

 

"Young love." She chuckles. "Jehyun, you're turn."

 

"I got 'Song Joongki'. Who's that?" I ask. Kyungjae then stands up and walks to me shyly while rubbing the back of his nape. Don't tell me his 'Song Joongki'? Ugh, why isn't that the gods aren't in favor with me today.

 

"I guess this is really an exchange gift huh? I'm 'Song Joongki'." He says giving me his flower boy smile.

 

I sighed. "Wait." I let him hold the stuff toy and then I sprinted back to where I was sitting and got a small box that I let Minjung hold. After getting my exchange gift, I walk back to where Kyungjae was standing.

 

I gave him a smile. "Merry Christmas~"

 

 

I was waiting for Daehyun oppa outside of my room. The Christmas party was already over. And to tell you, I really felt awkward a while ago during the exchange gift giving.

 

I looked at the teddy bear I was holding and stared at it for a while. I was a bit disappointed that I didn't get what I want because this is not what I wrote on my wish list, I wrote 'bacon plushie' but nonetheless, I'm fine with this, it's the biggest stuff toy I have so far.

 

Actually, I kept asking for a big stuff toy from him when we were still together but here we are; he did gave me one but it was already the time when we've already broke up.

 

I kept my eyes on the stuff toy. I would still love my #12 wish on my wish list rather than this stuff toy.

 

Ugh. Here I go again thinking of that wish list and thinking of Santa Claus will grant my wishes.

 

"Santa Claus isn't real." I mutter to myself.

 

"Jehyun~" Kyungjae calls my name and gives me a pat on the head.

"Oh, Hi." I did a little wave at him.

 

"Sorry because I didn't give you a bacon plushie." He smiles at me. The moment I saw him smile, butterflies in my stomach starts to fly around again.

 

*Butterflies; stop it. You're supposed to be reacting like that around Junhong oppa and not with this guy.* 

 

"I'm fine with anything. Thanks again." I smiled back.

 

He shrugs his shoulders. "Aren't you going home?"

 

"Ani. Still waiting for Daehyun oppa."

 

His mouth forms an 'O" shape. "I'll wait with you."

 

"Suit yourself."

 

We both stood in silence by the door waiting for my slowpoke brother to arrive.

 

"Jehyun, by the way, thanks for this." He shows me his wrist and he was now wearing the wristwatch I gave him for the exchange gift.

 

"I'm glad you liked it." I replied with my eyes fixed to the lockers that were by the other side of the hallway.

 

"Jehyun, sorry we're late." Daehyun oppa who suddenly appears, his smile fades when he saw Kyungjae standing next to me. He doesn't really wants me to be around with boys except for his friends.

 

"About time you come." I say to my brother and hand him the big paper bag for him to carry. If this morning it was filled with gifts for me to give, now it was filled with gifts from my classmates.

 

"Hyungs, I'll get going now." Kyungjae gives them a smile and a slight bow before leaving.

 

"How dare he call me hyung?!" I hear Junhong oppa say, gritting his teeth and that's when I notice he was just standing next to my brother. He has his eyes darted at Kyungjae, glaring.

 

I snap my fingers in front of him breaking his intense gaze at Kyungjae who was already walking away.

 

"How's the party?" Junhong oppa looks at me, now smiling. Wow, so bipolar. A minute ago he looks so mad and now he looks so happy.

 

"It was fine" I replied.

 

"Looks like you've got yourself many present." Daehyun inspects my paper bags.

 

"Speaking of presents, I also have one for Yongguk oppa, Himchan oppa, Youngjae oppa and Himchan oppa…" I look at Junhong oppa. "And of course for my two oppas over here." I slung my arm around both of their shoulders which is pretty hard with the fact that they're tall especially Junhong oppa.

 

"Where's my gift?" Junhong oppa looks down to ask me, eyes glistening like the stars.

 

I let out a sheepish smile. "Unfortunately, I forgot them all inside my room."

 

"That's too bad." Junhong oppa said pouting.

 

"You can give them on the 23rd, we'll be having our very own Christmas party at home." Daehyun oppa says.

 

I just nod and remove my arms around their shoulders. "I was getting tired. You both are tall." I commented and they all broke into laughs. We walk to where the other guys were waiting, by the school gates.

 

 

We both walk the streets to the nearest Bubble Tea shop near school. We looked like we were a parade of how many of us walking in a single file. Yongguk oppa and Himchan oppa was walking ahead of us, side by side. Next to them was my brother and Youngjae oppa who was having non-stop blabbering as if they hadn't see each other in ages. Jongup and his girlfriend were behind my brother and Youngjae oppa so obviously I was walking next to Junhong oppa.

 

We weren't talking at all; I had my earphones on listening to Boyfriend's 'On and On'. He was carrying my big teddy bear for me. I wonder what would be his reaction if he founds out it was from Kyungjae.

 

While we were walking, Jongup's girlfriend suddenly squeals when we passed by the pet shop. Is there a fire?

 

"Oppa~ that's so cute." She says running to the white puppy; who was printing his paw on the glass.

 

They all stop walking to take a look inside the pet shop except for us. Before Daehyun oppa gets in, Junhong oppa gets his attention.

 

"Daehyun, can we not go inside?" Junhong oppa asks my brother.

 

My brother nods in reply. "Sure. You and Jehyun can go first at the bubble tea shop. We'll meet you there."

 

Junhong oppa looks at me, a smile traced upon his lips. "Kaja?" I just nod and together we walk to where the bubble tea shop was, we just have to cross the street.

I pushed the glass doors and the door chimes rings.

 

We both walk to where the counter was to say our orders.

 

"What do you want? My treat." He looks to me and asks.

 

"Vanilla Milk Tea." I replied, smiling as well.

 

He turns his attention to the cashier lady.

 

"What would you like sir?" She asks in a flirtatious manner and that made my blood boil. No one flirts with my oppa in front of me. I harshly took my teddy bear from Junhong oppa's grip and I pinched the teddy bear's ear. Poor teddy bear that I let out my anger at him.

 

Junhong oppa looks at me with a weird out face for some seconds and then turns his attention back to the cashier.

 

"One Vanilla milk tea and one Wintermelon milk tea. All medium size." He says straightly.

 

The cashier lady let out giggles.

 

"Did someone joke?" I asked no one in particular. The cashier lady looks at me with a 'what's-your-problem?' look and I just raise an eyebrow at her.

 

Junhong oppa fakes a cough breaking the tension between us.

 

"I'll just prepare your orders. I'll be right back in a sec." She says smiling and takes a hold of Junhong oppa's hand.

 

"I'd be more glad if you won't return." I mutter. The cashier lady seemed to hear it because she gave me a glare.

 

Junhong oppa then giggles and pinches my cheeks. "My jagiya is jealous~" He teases.

 

I felt my cheeks flush bright red that I tried to hide it by covering my face with my big teddy bear.

 

Junhong oppa looks at the cashier. "I'm sorry miss of how my girlfriend here acts." He slings his arm around my shoulders pulling me closer to him. Sheesh. I think I'm going to melt in here.

"Oppa~" I whine, getting embarrassed.

 

"Miss, why don't you get our orders now? My girlfriend is really impatient." He gives the cashier lady a smile and the cashier lady just rolls her eyes and starts to get our orders. Good for you, don't you know that he is mine in my dreams?

 

We waited for 5 minutes after our orders were finished. I was about to sit on an empty table when Junhong oppa pulls me to the long table glued to the glass window with its chairs facing the glass window. The chairs were very high; actually I hate those kinds of chairs because I find it hard to sit on them.

 

"There?" I ask. He doesn't bother to reply instead he puts his hands on my waist and lifts me up then puts me down to sit down on a chair. Ugh. I feel like being treated as a baby -_-

 

"Kamsahamnida oppa." I say once he already sat down on the chair next to me.

 

I found out that the chair could move so I kept turning around so the chair kept moving in circles as well because I find it fascinating.

 

"Can you stop moving? I feel dizzy." Junhong oppa sighs.

 

I let out soft giggles. "Mianhae." So I stopped the chair facing the glass window again.

 

We both drink quietly both looking at the people passing by outside. What could've happen to them? What's taking them so long?

 

A group of teenage boys passed by, they were all looking down. Two of them were even their lips. I followed one of the boy's gaze and they were looking at my legs. I felt my cheeks blush. Just then, I felt soft fabric brush against my skin and that's when I realized that Junhong oppa draped the cardigan he was wearing over my legs to hide them. I looked to him and he was giving glares to the group of teenage boys. If looks could kill, they could've been dead by now.

 

The teenage boys starts to walk away but one of them sticks his tongue out at Junhong oppa before walking. I felt my blood boil again; no one dares to disrespect him in front of me.

 

We stayed silent for a while.

 

I heard him sigh. "Jehyun-ah, did you and Kyungjae got back together?" He asks; his face turned serious again.

 

I was taken aback by his question. He's really acting weird for the past few days. I still answered him. "Nope. I'm y, free and single. Though there was one time he asked me if I could give him another chance."

 

"What did you say to him when he asked you that?"

 

"I didn't say anything."

 

He let out a sigh of relief. "That's good. Promise you won't get back with him, okay?"

 

"Promise." I replied and gave him a salute.

 

The conversation died quickly and we were engulfed by silence again. What's taking them so long? Daehyun oppa where are you?

 

"You know I'm jealous of Kyungjae." He suddenly blurts out.

 

"Why?" I unconsciously ask back. It takes me a second before what he said finally registered in my brain. Junhong oppa is jealous?

 

"Because he can be with you whenever he wants to. He can be classmate with you because you're both in the same year but I can't be." He pouts.

 

I was about to ask him with another 'why' but I wasn't because my brother suddenly pops out like a ninja.

 

"Je, I'll take a sip okay?" He doesn't even wait for my reply and instantly gets my drink from my grasp. What a nice timing oppa -_-

 

I turned back to Junhong oppa and he was already talking to Yongguk oppa. I mentally face palmed myself and buried my face on my teddy bear's soft tummy.

 

Ugh. I wanted to ask something else to him. Could it be, he likes me too?

 

~~~

 

Do comment, subscribe and upvote. Kamsahamnida!