*Chapter 8*

You're My Santa!

 

DECEMBER 23, 2013

 

"Je, come down and eat breakfast!" Daehyun oppa shouts at the door. It is another day without our parents because they have to go to work. Actually, it is their last day today at work and then starting tomorrow is their Christmas vacation.

 

"Just give me 5 minutes." I reply back, shouting as well. I was currently chatting with Minjung via Facebook.

 

Me: Min, I have to go and eat breakfast.

Minjung: Sure. Your brother prepared it?

Me: Of course. My parent's aren't around.

Minjung: Why did I even ask? -_- Hey, let's chat again around 4pm.

Me: 4pm. Bye!

 

I hurriedly shut my laptop off and went downstairs. I went directly to the living room because I figured out that's where we're going to have breakfast. For the past days, we had our breakfast in the living room even if omma specifically told us that we should eat in the dining table. I sat next to Daehyun oppa on the couch and he was just about to start playing a movie.

 

"What took you so long?" He asks giving me a plate with a piece of pancake with butter on top.

 

"I just said bye to Minjung because we were chatting. Anyways, what movie is that?"

 

He puts the remote control on top of the glass table. "Blind starring Kim Ha Neul."

 

I just nod my head and start to eat the pancakes while watching the movie. It took us only 15 minutes after we finished eating and I offered to wash the dishes.

 

I had my earphones on while I was walking to the kitchen playing the song by Sistar titled: 'Loving U'. It was on repeat so that was the only song that kept playing on and on.

 

It also took me 15 minutes to finish washing the dishes, after I finished; I took a pitcher of water from the fridge and a glass from the cupboard. I poured water on my glass and started to drink while walking back to the living room. I stopped by the kitchen door when it was the chorus part and then I started to dance along.

 

 

Loving U~ U~ na eotteokhae what should I do

Jojaeri andwae nae mam gojang nabeoring heart

Jeongshin mot charily mankeum

Boy I'm falling in love with U~ U~

Na eotteokhae what should I do?

 

Neol nochimyeon nan andwae saranghandago

Woo~ Woo~ Woo~ Woo~ Woo~

Woo~ Woo~ Woo~ Woo~ Woo~ Woo~

Baby I'm in love with you~

 

"Yah! Jehyun-ah!" I heard Daehyun oppa's voice. I stopped dancing and turned my head to my left and saw my brother's friends and him. All of our faces were like this: O_O even the serious looking Yongguk oppa.

 

"Wah so embarrassing!" I quickly sprinted back to the kitchen and stuck my face inside the fridge and pretended I was looking for something. After a minute of sticking my fridge inside the fridge, I felt a tap on my shoulder.

 

"Jehyun." Junhong oppa's familiar voice fills my ears.

 

"What?" I asked coldly, I was still mad at him for punching Kyungjae.

 

"Daehyun asked me to get a pitcher of water." He says softly.

 

I took a pitcher of water in the fridge and gave it to him. "The glasses are in the cupboard." I said to him and left. I passed by the living room when Yongguk oppa called my attention and ask me to sit down with them for a little bit.

 

"Here. We found this on your doorstep." He says handing me the same kind of box I had received but it was a little bit bigger.

 

"Thanks." I mumbled.

 

"It's from a secret admirer and not Santa Claus okay?" Youngjae oppa adds.

 

I just nod my head and let out a chuckle. "Got it." I wasn't in the mood to retort and besides half of me already believes that it's just from a secret admirer. I stood up from my seat and head upstairs. I went inside the music room, the room in the middle of my room and Daehyun oppa. It is where our grand piano was kept along with the other music instruments Daehyun oppa has.

 

I put down the box I was holding on a table inside the room and sat on the grand piano. I cracked my fingers first before opening the piano keys' cover.

 

Today, I decided to play 'Heaven' by Ailee.

 

I kept repeating on playing the song until I got stopped when Daehyun oppa enters the room. I quickly looked to him and smiled.

 

"My sister is the best pianist in the whole wide world." He compliments with a cheeky smile and then he sits down next to me.

 

"Thanks oppa. If I'm the best pianist then you are the best singer." He ruffles my hair.

 

"I'm going to tell you something but don't get mad okay?"

 

I nod my head. "I can never get mad at oppa. By the way, where are the others?"

 

He returns a nod. "The others are downstairs in the living room."

 

"Wouldn't they get mad at you for leaving them?"

 

"I figured out it's more important to talk to my little sister."

 

~DAEHYUN'S POV~

 

While Jehyun was washing the dishes in the kitchen, the doorbell rang so I quickly stood up to get it. When I opened the door, it was just my friends. All of them looked happy except for Junhong who wasn't looking cheerful at all. What could've happened to this kid?

 

"Come in." I open the door a little bit wider for all of them to enter. I almost forgot that today was the day that we'll be having our Christmas party, just us. No wonder why omma and appa left extra money on my nightstand when I woke up this morning. We were walking to the living room so of course we would pass by the kitchen. Jehyun comes out, maybe done washing the dishes. She had her earphones on. She stops walking and suddenly dances to the chorus part of 'Loving U' by Sistar.

 

"Yah! Jehyun-ah!" I quickly call her attention. She stops dancing and turns her head towards us then all of our faces went like this: O_O even Yongguk.

 

"Wah so embarrassing!" she exclaims and quickly sprints inside the kitchen again.

 

We both started to let out chuckles.

 

"Let's just go the living room and watch movies or maybe play games." Then we all started to walk to the living room. I turned my head to Junhong. "Junhong, could you ask my sister to get us a pitcher of water?"

 

"Let Jongup do it." He retorts with a straight face.

 

"Why me?" Jongup asks.

 

"Just go Junhong." Yongguk buts in so Junhong didn't have a choice and went back to the kitchen.

 

After a few minutes, Jehyun already comes out of the kitchen with a pissed-off expression. Is there something I need to know? Junhong and my sister are both acting weird.

 

Yongguk calls her attention so she goes to us and sits on the couch.

 

"Here. We found this on your doorstep." Yongguk says handing her a box.

 

"Thanks." She mumbles.

 

"It's from a secret admirer and not Santa Claus okay?" Youngjae adds.

 

She just nods her head and let out a chuckle. "Got it." She stands up from her seat and head upstairs. I'm surprised, she didn't even retort for the first time.

 

I decided to check on Junhong inside the kitchen and found out he was putting glasses of water on a tray.

 

"I told you to just get a pitcher of water." I said sprinting to him and helped him in carrying.

 

"Jehyun didn't help you?" I asked him. Something is really odd. Jehyun would've stayed longer and help Junhong. I know my dongsaeng likes Junhong even if she doesn't tell me and that is the reason why Junhong was the one I asked to go to the kitchen.

 

"She's still mad at me." He blurts out.

 

"Mad?" I asked in confusion. Junhong's eyes went wide realizing that what he said should've been said.

 

He shakes his head. "Ani. It's nothing."

 

"Junhong-ah, tell me. We're talking about my sister here." I demanded.

 

He let out a sigh. "Okay. But can we be in a quiet place."

 

"In my room. Let's just give these to them." I replied and we both went to the living room. They were already starting to watch a movie.

 

"Finally, I'm thirsty." Youngjae comes to us and takes a glass of water from the tray Junhong was holding.

 

Junhong puts down the tray on the glass table while I put the two glasses of water on the glass table as well.

 

"Guys, we just need to talk something out." I said to them, they just nod in reply, already busy watching. I pulled Junhong upstairs and we went inside my room.

 

 

"I'll handle everything." I reassured Junhong. He was already done telling the reason why my sister is mad at him.

 

"Thanks. I should get down now." He says standing up.

 

"I'll go talk to her first. By the way, could you tell Yongguk to order pizza so we can eat." I give him the money my parents left on top of my nightstand.

 

"Sure." And we both went out of my room. He goes downstairs while I went to our music room where you can already hear my sister playing the piano even if you're just outside.

 

I didn't bother on knocking and just went inside.

 

"My sister is the best pianist in the whole wide world." I compliment her with a cheeky smile and then I sit down next to her.

 

"Thanks oppa. If I'm the best pianist then you are the best singer." I ruffle her hair.

 

"I'm going to tell you something but don't get mad okay?" I ask her. Of course, she'll get mad at Junhong for telling me or maybe at me for not minding my own business but I am his brother, even if he doesn't want to tell me; I will still find ways to know what is she hiding.

 

She nods her head. "I can never get mad at oppa. By the way, where are the others?"

 

I return a nod. "The others are downstairs in the living room."

 

"Wouldn't they get mad at you for leaving them?"

 

"I figured out it's more important to talk to my little sister."

 

"So, what is it you wanted to say to me?"

 

"Please don’t get mad at your Junhong oppa anymore."

 

She looks to me with a 'how-did-you-know?' look.

 

"I noticed you two were acting weird so I confronted Junhong and he told me the whole thing. Don't get mad at him, I forced him to tell me." I say to her.

 

She let out a sigh. "He started it. He should've not punched Kyungjae."

 

"Why are you protecting Kyungjae?" I raised an eyebrow.

 

"Because Junhong oppa was wrong."

 

"I asked him to do that for me."

 

"You did?"

 

I nodded. It was true, I told Junhong that he should punch any guy that goes around my sister specifically Kyungjae. Yes, I know about that my sister and him were in a relationship before. How'd I found out? I took her phone and read her inbox. Her phone code wasn't that hard to guess: 1628, her birthday and my birthday.

 

"Why would you ask him to do that?"

 

"Because Kyungjae hurt my little sister." I say to her and gave her a headlock. After she got out of my headlock, she fixes her hair, as always.

 

"I wouldn't be surprised if you already know about Kyungjae and me. Junhong oppa must've told you as well." She crosses her arms.

 

"Actually, no. I find it out myself. I took your phone and read your inbox." I answered sheepishly. She looks at me, gives me a glare and gives me a smack on the arm.

 

"Ow~" I wince in pain.

 

"Serves you right. You don't even give me privacy. How'd you know my phone code?"

 

"That's so simple. 1628." I grinned. "Your birthday and my birthday."

 

She just let out a 'hmp' and looks away.

 

"You should be thanking me that I didn't tell appa and omma." I let out a sigh. "I really loved my sister so much that I also kept her secret my secret because I don't want her to get in trouble and the fact that she was happy made me happy for her as well."

 

She turns to look at me. "Okay. Okay. Oppa, mianhae." She starts to cry and I quickly pull her into a big warm hug.

 

"Oppa isn't mad just jealous because Junhong knew first of your relationship rather than me." I said and pretended to be hurt. She breaks the hug and gives me a smile.

 

"Mianhae oppa. I promise that the next time I will have a boyfriend which is when I reach 18 years old, you'll be the first one to know." She says cheekily.

 

We both give a nod at each other.

 

"So, can you forgive your Junhong oppa?"

 

"Still a big NO."

 

"But why?"

 

She just shrugs her shoulders.

 

I stood up and head towards the door. "I don't know how you can take being mad at the person you like." I said a bit out loud.

 

She suddenly runs to me and covers my mouth. "Oppa! Quiet. How did you know?"

 

I remove her hand that was covering my mouth. "Just intuition." And I gave her a wink before walking out.

 

~END OF DAEHYUN'S POV~

 

After talking to Daehyun oppa, I went to my room to check the box out.

I sat on my bed, legs crossed.

 

I opened the box and the first thing I saw was a note.

 

Dear Jehyun,

 

Sorry I got your gifts late again. Mrs. Claus, my wife finished a bit late on knitting your scarf and boots so I figured out that I should give them together with the knitted sweater you wished for. So, here it is. :)

 

Hope you won't get cold this Christmas. Keep warm~ Merry Christmas~

 

XOXO

Santa Claus

 

I put the note on top of my nightstand and looked inside the box. The knitted scarf, boots and sweater were all inside. I inspected each of them before returning it back inside the box. I closed the box and hid it under my bed.

 

(insert picture of scarf, boots, and sweater)

 

"Jehyun!" Daehyun oppa knocks on the door.

 

"Come in." I shout. The door creeks as it opened but it wasn't Daehyun oppa who went in but instead, it was Junhong oppa. He walks to my bed and sits on the side. Daehyun oppa tricked me -_-

 

"Hey, are you still mad at me?" He asks. He hung his head low while playing with his fingers.

 

"Oppa told me everything. I'm not mad at you anymore." I say to him and give him a smile even though he wasn't even looking at me.

 

"Really?" He asks with a hint of suspicion in his voice.

 

"Yes. I am not mad at my Junhong oppa anymore." I give him a hug, which I didn't know why I did. We hugged for some seconds and then he broke first. He looks at me with those usual glistening eyes.

 

"Mianhae Jehyun."

 

I nod my head. I should be the one who's saying sorry. I shouted at him and because he got mad at me, I made him threw his skateboard.

 

"Oppa, mianhae. I should've shouted at you." I gave him a quick hug again.

 

"It's okay. It was my fault because I punched your boyfriend." He pouts after he finished his sentence and I can't help but pinch his cheeks because of his overflowing cuteness.

 

"Correction, its ex boyfriend." I said to him as a matter-of-factly.

 

"I thought you two got back together."

 

"Aniya! Never!"

 

"Then why were you two kissing?"

 

"Me too, I didn't know why." And we both laughed.

 

"To clear things out, you're still y, free and single?" Yeah, I'm just like Super Junior's song. Haha.

 

I nod my head proudly. "Yeah. Need to keep my promise with my parents and brother. For real."

 

He let out giggles. "You told me you have gifts for all of us? Where are they?"

 

Oh yeah, I almost forgot about it. I quickly climb out of my bed and pulled him up. They have already gave their gifts to me during our Christmas party at school. "Let's go. I put all the gifts under the Christmas tree."

 

Everyone was lounging at the sofa watching another horror film. I quickly went in front and turned off the television.

"Oppas, I wanted to give you your gifts so could you please give me just some minutes of your time?" I asked them and battled my eyelashes.

 

Daehyun oppa sighs. "We can never say no to our princess. Go on." And he gestures me to start.

 

I giddily walk to the Christmas tree by the corner and took all of their gifts.

 

"For Yongguk oppa. Merry Christmas~" I gave to him my gift together with a hug.

 

I did just the same with the others, I give the gift then I give a hug. The sequence was like this: Yongguk, Himchan, Jongup, Youngjae and now it is Daehyun oppa's turn.

 

"Merry Christmas oppa~" I gave Daehyun oppa a hug. "I'll just give the real gift on Christmas day. We live in the same house anyways." Then all of them laugh.

 

I looked at Junhong oppa who was sitting next to Youngjae waiting for me to give his gift.

"Merry Christmas~" I chimed.

 

"Where's my gift?" He asks whilst pouting.

 

"I forgot to buy you one." I pouted as well. I didn't actually forgot to buy him one; I intentionally didn't get it under the Christmas tree. As his Christmas gift, I decided on buying him a new skateboard, just to replace the old one.

 

"But this would just be temporary. I'll give the real gift on Christmas day." I leaned down and gave him a very quick peck on the cheek then I ran to the stairs while shouting 'Merry Christmas everyone!'