*Chapter 1*

You're My Santa!

 

DECEMBER 1, 2013

 

I sat on my carpeted floor in my room, legs crossed. I was listening to Yang Yoseob's and Dalmatian's Daniel song, 'First Snow and First Kiss' through my earphones. I can now already feel the Christmas spirit right now even though it is still days before Christmas Day. I was writing on a single piece of paper my Christmas Wish List for this year. Yes, a 16 year old me still believe that Santa Claus is real. Childish isn't it?

 

There were Dearberry products laid in front of me, to be exact, the ones the group Boyfriend are endorsing. I was checking out what are the other products I still lack so I could put them in my wish list. To tell you, I am a really big fan of them, specially the Jo Twins. They're so cute and I am really fascinated by the fact that they're twins. Back then; I dreamt of having a twin but instead, I got myself an older brother. Don't get me wrong, I love my oppa so much, we're really close to each other, we share our secrets to each other; we're partners in crime when playing pranks on our parents - - - but I really want to have a twin.


"Jehyun-ah!" Speaking of the devil. My brother, Jung Daehyun comes in my room without even bothering to knock. He is just a year older than me so sometimes I always tend to forget that he's older than me because we don't really have that big age difference. I looked up to him and gave him a glare.

 

"Oh, there you are." He smiles, bending down to my level. I almost screamed my lungs out when he almost stepped over my Dearberry Ice Cream Hand Cream of Jeongmin's.

 

"Daehyun oppa, would you please get out? I am busy." I said to him, eyeing him sharply.

 

He ignores my statement then swiftly like a cheetah, he takes the paper I was writing on.

 

"Aigoo~ doing a wish list again?" He asked, in a teasing manner. "Half of your wishes are Dearberry products." He pointed out.

 

 "Mind your own business." I hissed, crossing my arms in front of me while looking him in the eyes sharply.

 

He let out a 'tsk' with a matching nod. "One piece of advice, grow up." He hands me back my paper and then ruffles my hair.

 

I swat his hands off of my precious hair. "Don't touch my hair."

 

"My baby is sister is mad at me?" He said cockily, arching up an eyebrow. I just roll my eyes at him.

 

"Jehyun-ah, can you help me out here in the kitchen?" Omma's voice echoed from the kitchen.

"I better go down to help omma"

 

The whole house was already decorated with Christmas decors actually I did it all with the help of the Daehyun oppa when I wasn't able to reach the high places, he'd be the one to put the decor. I went down the stairs still holding the piece of paper I wrote my wish list, I dropped by the living room to place the paper on top of the table and I put the remote on top of it so it won't fly away. After that, I quickly went to the kitchen where omma is to help.

 

"Omma, I'm here~" I sweetly said while back hugging her. She was standing in front of the counter mixing dough inside a bowl.

 

"Je, help me out by draining the pasta over there." She says and I removed my arms that were surrounding her waist. By the way, Je is the name my family and relatives call me while my Daehyun oppa is called Dae.

 

I quickly went over the pasta that was being cooked on the stove. I'm guessing omma will be cooking spaghetti or carbonara for dinner tonight. Yummy~

 

I opened the cupboard where the colander was. I took the pasta that was being cooked inside a pan on a stove. I went to the sink where the colander was waiting and then I poured everything out with the colander on the bottom so that the pasta would be caught.

 

It didn't take me a minute to finish my job. Once done, I took the colander out of the sink and placed it on top of the counter.

 

"Done omma." I said cheekily.

 

"Thanks hon." She replies; now she was putting the dough on a muffin pan. Figures we'll be having muffins after the main course tonight.

 

I gave her a warm smile before going to the refrigerator grabbing a cup of yoghurt and a spoon from the kitchen drawer. I went out of the kitchen and into the living room to retrieve my wish list that I left on top of the glass table.

 

I was the spoon in every side when I went to the living room and I stopped walking just a few steps by the couch when I heard a familiar voice.

 

"Hey Jehyun-ah, Merry Christmas." My oppa's friend, Choi Junhong coolly greets me with a warm smile.  I felt my cheeks flush pink because of embarrassment; I totally looked like a kid a while ago. My feet began to wobble as well. Did I mention that Junhong is the person I like? How'd I liked him? Well, after I broke up with my first boyfriend, he was always there to comfort me, he was there when I needed a shoulder to cry on then eventually, I developed my feelings for him but of course, in his eyes, I'm just her little sister the same as how Daehyun oppa's other friends look at me.

 

"A-annyong o-oppa. Merry C-Christmas." I replied, stammering along with an awkward smile. Jehyun, you're getting obvious that you like him. Act cool. I cleared my throat as if it well helps me to get my composure back. "What brings you here oppa?"

 

"Your brother and I would just drop by the mall to buy materials for our project in Home Economics." He replies and smiles again. Junhong oppa, please stop smiling or else I'll end up melting right in this very spot where I am standing.

 

I nodded my head. I walked to the glass table to get my wish list so I can get the hell out of this place. I hope he didn't notice my wish list; it is so embarrassing. When I got to the table, my wish list was no longer there.

 

I scratched my head in confusion. "Odd, where did my wish list go?" I asked to myself, whispering.

 

"Is there anything wrong?" Junhong oppa asked me. I nearly jumped back because I was startled, I forgot that he was here; I was really thinking where did my wish list go.

 

"Oppa, have you seen a piece of paper on top of the table?" I ask him.

 

He blinks innocently. "Ani. I didn't see one."

 

I nod my head back and shrugged my shoulders. "I guess I have to make a new one again."

 

"Je, have you seen my wallet?" Daehyun oppa asks, popping out from nowhere like a mushroom.

 

"Ani." I replied casually and walked passed by him.

 

Daehyun oppa and Junhong oppa were chatting endlessly as they walk. I end up coming with them at the mall because omma needed me to do grocery shopping for her.

 

I walked behind them, hands stuffed under my pocket with my earphones listening to Boyfriend's 'Janus'. The mall has also been decorated with Christmas decors and every shop you pass by, the clerks will greet you a 'Merry Christmas!'

 

The two of them stop and both flipped their heads towards the slow walking me.

 

"Je, hurry up." Daehyun oppa shouts at me.

 

I sighed and started to walk faster to them who were standing, waiting for me.

 

"Aigo~ you walk like a turtle." Junhong oppa pinches my cheeks. I was still able to hear him even though I was wearing my earphones.

I nod back in reply, not bothering to answer since it was already Kwangmin's rap part. Junhong oppa suddenly slings his arm around my shoulders that it made me flinch a little bit.

 

We went first to the hardware shop to buy the things they needed to buy for their project. Their project was to build a kid's table. Their teacher made it by pair and all the table's that would be made would be donated to an orphanage.

 

I wanted to go around the shop but I can't because Junhong oppa's arm was still wrapping my shoulders and it would be rude if I say to him that he should remove it because I would like to go around the shop, plus, this times rarely comes so might as well cherish it.

 

"We need only need nails and wood. Appa already has the other things we need at home." Daehyun oppa states, his head looking from left to right.

 

The three of us finished at the hardware shop after an hour upon entering and now we are going to go grocery shopping. The mall has a grocery in their food court, on the last floor.

 

Now, I can freely move because Junhong oppa's arm wasn't around my shoulders after Daehyun oppa went to the restroom, I also went, that's why.

 

"Daehyun, we should eat something first. I'm hungry~" Junhong oppa whines, pouting like a kid. My heart melted at the sight of how cute he is. Can't he just stay like that every second of the day.

 

Daehyun oppa let out a 'tsk'. "Okay. But not too much because we still have to eat dinner once we got home."

 

Junhong oppa puts up a victorious smile on his face and quickly runs inside Mcdonald's and we both follow.

 

Daehyun oppa first reserves a table for us.

 

After some minutes, Junhong oppa arrives with a tray full of food. There's hamburger, large fries, spaghetti and medium coke.

 

"I'll get this. Thanks." Daehyun oppa claims, getting the large fries on Junhong oppa's tray as soon as he sat down.

 

Junhong oppa swats my brother's hand away. "There's nothing here for you. Go buy your own food bro."

 

Daehyun oppa hisses and stands up walking to the counter to get his own food as well. I was about to follow him when Junhong oppa pulls me by the hand making me sit back down to my seat.

 

He gives me his large fries. "This is for you." He winks. "I don't want you lining up in that long line. Trust me, your feet will go numb."

 

I gave him a smile in reply. "Thanks oppa."

He nods back and starts to munch his food.

 

"Oppa, I'll just say something to Daehyun oppa." I said and stood up. He nods his head as a reply, not even bothering to look up to me since he's busy munching on his food.

 

I walk to where my brother is on the line, just one more customer before his turn to order.

 

"Oppa, can you get me one McFlurry?" I begged with puppy eyes.

 

"No." He replies straight-forwarded.

 

"Please~" I whine.

 

"If I said no, no. Get it Jung Jehyun? I don't want your tonsils to get worsen." He replies sharply, arms crossed in front of him and he's wearing a straight face.

 

I would tell you a story; my tonsils aren't in good condition actually. I really love sweets that I can't stop eating them and because of me loving sweets, I had suffered from tonsillitis many times and my doctor said that if I suffer from tonsillitis one more time, they'll have to remove my tonsils and that way I can freely eat sweets without caring if I will ever get tonsillitis again.

 

"But oppa, I haven't eaten any sweets in three months." I defended.

 

"Don't be so hard-headed Jehyun." He says and then moves forward because the man in front of him was done.

 

I stomped my feet walking back to our table. I'm so mad at him right now. Literally, I haven't eaten any sweet for the past three months, not even a piece of candy. I started to munch on my fries, the one that Junhong oppa gave.

 

Daehyun comes back from the counter holding a tray of food as well.

 

"Here." He hands me a medium sized Sprite.

 

I just didn't pay attention to him and continued on filling my mouth with fries.

 

"What's wrong?" Junhong suddenly asks.

 

"Don't worry, she's just pissed off that I didn't buy her a McFlurry." Daehyun oppa explains to him.

After we ate at Mcdonald's, we went out already to have grocery shopping. We were walking to the grocery when Daehyun oppa says he needs to use the restroom. Instead of following him, I just stayed behind with Junhong oppa.

 

"Kindly hold this for me for a while." Daehyun oppa gives to Junhong oppa the ones they bought at the hardware store.

 

I wore my earphones on while listening to music. Junhong oppa taps my shoulder getting my attention. "Do you want to try those out?" He asks, pointing to the cart selling cotton candy.

 

I smiled weakly. "No thanks. I'm not allowed to eat sweets remember?"

 

He suddenly grabs my hand pulling me to where the cart was. He's really hardheaded; if I don't like him, I might have shouted at him right now for pulling me suddenly.

 

He gives me a wink again as we stood in front of the cart. "Don't worry. I'll cover up for you. You know your brother can't scold you in front of me."

 

"Thanks oppa." I smiled and threw my arms at him to give him a hug.

 

"No problem. I can't bear seeing you frown." He breaks the hug and gives me a pinch on the cheek.

 

He turns to the ahjumma selling. "Ahjumma, I'll buy two."

 

After buying cotton candy, we walked back to where Daehyun and we had split up.

 

"I think he didn't just pee." Junhong oppa mumbles but I completely heard and that made me let out giggles.

 

*At least we have some time alone.*

 

"Which reminds me, you still haven't paid for the cotton candy." He suddenly says.

 

I gave him a confused look. "I thought it was your treat. Anys, how much is it?" I was about to get my wallet from my pocket when he abruptly stops me from grabbing my wrist.

 

"Huh?" I asked in confusion. "I thought you wanted me to pay?"

He taps his left cheek using his thumb. "No need to pay. Just a quick peck on the cheek will do." He replies grinning. I felt my cheeks turn into a shade of crimson red.

 

"Aniya!" I just closed my eyes then I felt his lips on my cheeks. The moment I felt his lips on my cheeks, I felt like I was in seventh heaven. This is so unbelievable! He just kissed me on the cheeks. Is this a dream? I don't want to wake up anymore.

"Saranghamnida baby sister~" He ruffles my hair widely. The butterflies that were flying around my stomach tamed down after I heard his words. It is really hurtful when the person you like doesn't sees you the way you see him. I'm really just a sister to him.

 

Daehyun oppa suddenly arrives. He gives me a sharp glare.

 

"I told you, no sweets allowed." Daehyun oppa said. He's really being a responsible brother today.

 

"Daehyun, I bought it for her. I wanted to try out the cotton candy and you know me, I won't eat unless the person with me eats as well." Junhong oppa explains, coming to the rescue.

 

My brother sighs. "Ugh. Let's just go, I bet omma is already waiting for us."

 

We both nod. Junhong oppa walks ahead my brother then looks at me. "You're lucky Junhong's here."

 

I let out a sheepish laugh. "I love you oppa~"