*Chapter 6*

You're My Santa!

 

DECEMBER 19, 2013

 

It's the official start of my Christmas break and I just spent the whole day sleeping. The only time I would come out of my cave was when I was being summoned to eat at the dining table other than that, nothing else. I didn't need to go out to take a shower or when I needed to pee because I have a bathroom inside my room.

 

I looked at my clock that was on top of my nightstand, 12:00 midnight. It's already a new day, December 18 is done.

 

I got up on my heels not feeling neither sleepy nor tired at all. Who wouldn't feel sleepy or tired after sleeping for the whole day?

 

I went to my walk-in cabinet and got my favorite bugs bunny hoodie and wore it. I also took a scarf and wore it around my neck. I am planning to take a night stroll maybe it would help me to go to sleep.

 

I go downstairs quietly, careful not to wake up my parents or Daehyun oppa. I tiptoed when I passed by the living room because Daehyun oppa was there, sleeping on the couch with the television still . He might have slept while watching. I decided to turn off the television; I was trying to help save energy okay? Besides, I don't want my parents paying a high electricity bill. After, I turned the television off; I tiptoed to the front door.

 

I let out a whispered victorious 'Yes!' when I've successfully stepped out of our house.

 

I decided to walk to where the park was, just 2 blocks away. There were barely people outside except for those people inside 24 hours convenient store. Bats and owls were around, I suddenly felt like one of them, nocturnal. Haha.

 

It takes me 10 minutes before I was able to arrive the park. I quickly went to the swing. I never knew being the park at this kind of time is efficient because there were no children that I would compete in taking turns with the swing. Haha. Here I am being the childish me again.

 

Speaking of being childish, Santa Claus hadn't sent me gifts for three straight days counting the day today. Maybe there were right, Santa Claus isn't real. But why does half of my heart still believe Santa is real.

 

If it were a secret admirer just pretending to be Santa Claus then how would that person know all my wishes for this Christmas?

 

If it is Santa Claus then why did he fail on sending me my 4th, 5th, and 6th gift right? Of course he would never fail, he has a magic sleigh that can take him to my house and send me my gifts.

 

Ugh. The two things don't connect. I really fail in doing reasoning.

 

 I almost fell on the swing when a skateboard suddenly appears in front of me. I looked around, no other people around. Ghost?

 

I closed my eyes, scared.

 

*There are no ghosts. They aren't real.*

 

"Mr. Ghost, please don't hurt me." I pleaded, eyes still closed.

 

"Hand me back my skateboard." The ghost replies. Omo! Ghost! My feet began to tremble and so is my hand.

 

"How can I? My eyes are closed."

 

"Then I am going to eat you."

 

"Please don't hurt me Mr. Ghost. Please don't scare me. Your season is already done. You should be scaring me during the Halloween season and not Christmas season."

 

"Hahahaha… Pftt…. Hahaha…"

 

A laugh? Ghosts can laugh?

 

I opened my eyes only to see a tall boy on the grass, clutching to his stomach, looks like almost laughing because of too much laughter.

 

I glared at the boy and kicked him.

 

"Ow~" He stops laughing and winces in pain. Serves you right for playing tricks on me.

 

I let out a 'hmp' and cross my arms in front of my chest and turned my head on a different direction.

 

"Is that a nice way to treat your Junhong oppa?" Junhong oppa stands up and eyes me from head to toe with a serious look. Yes, it was him who played a trick on me as a ghost.

 

I just did a mocking face at him.

 

He looks at me with a stern gaze for a second and then bursts into fits of laughter again.

 

"Hahahaha… Pftt… Looney tunes… Hahaha…"

 

I looked at my outfit from up and down. Indeed, I look like a Looney Tunes fan; which I am. I was wearing Tweety Bird pajamas and my hoodie was Bugs Bunny.

 

Getting pissed off; I stood up. "It isn't funny." I said angrily before walking away. I stomped my feet as I walk back home. I got stopped when I felt a hand grabbing me by the wrist.

 

"Hey, I was just joking." Junhong oppa says turning me around to face him. "Could you ever forgive your oppa?" He asks whilst pouting. I can never angry at him after he used his cuteness power.

 

"Okay." I sighed and together we walk back to the park.

 

We both sat on the swing once we got back.

 

"Why are you outside at this time of the night?" He asks.

"I can't sleep so I decided to take a night stroll."

 

"Don't you know that the during the night is the most dangerous time to go out? You could've gotten or kidnapped." He says; concern traced on his face.

 

"Then if it's dangerous, then why are you outside as well?"

 

He rubs the back of his neck sheepishly. "Just wanted to practice skateboarding."

 

"Can you teach me a few tricks?" I looked to him and battled my eyelashes. I hope she says yes, I wanted to try skateboarding even back then.

 

"Okay. Just a few then after I'll take you home."

We both stood up and walk a bit further to where the ramps are in the park.

 

At first, he thought me how to balance of the skateboard then next was how to ride and make it move across a straight path. It took as an hour before we finally stop.

 

"Not bad for a first timer." He praised, ruffling my hair. "It wasn't that hard to teach you. You pick up very fast."

 

"Really?" I give him a quick hug. "Thank you oppa for teaching me."

 

He looks to me warmly. "Let's get you home" and he takes me by the hand.

 

While we were walking back home, my stomach suddenly growled.

 

Junhong oppa let out a chuckle. "Looks like someone got hungry of skateboarding. Want to grab some midnight snacks?" He asks pointing to a convenient store that was exactly in front of us, what a coincidence.

 

I nod my head like a puppy then he pulls me inside.

 

"What do you want?" He asks whilst pushing me to sit down on a chair.

 

"Whatever you want it's fine with me." He nods and looks around the aisles of food.

 

After waiting for him for a couple of minutes, he finally arrived holding a cup of ramen in each of his hands.

 

He hands me my cup of ramen before sitting on the chair beside me.

 

I was very hungry that I quickly started to eat forgetting it was hot that I got my tongue burned. Stupid me :P

"What happened?" He asks, panicking.

 

"Just got my tongue burned." I smiled sheepishly.

 

He also smiles as well. "Let me see." So I stuck my tongue out at him and he starts to blow it.

 

I was mentally spazzing. His face was so close to mine.

 

"Any better?" He asks.

 

"Much better." I said in reply. I turned my attention back to my ramen.

 

"Don't forget to blow it." He reminds and I nod.

 

It took as 15 minutes after we finished eating our ramen and after eating; we started to walk again. It was already 1:30 am.

 

"Oppa, thank you so much for everything. Merry Christmas~" I said smiling before opening the front gate.

 

"Merry Christmas too~ Sleep well." And with a blink of an eye, I felt Junhong oppa's lips on my cheeks once again. He had kissed me on the cheek again for the second time. Oppa, I am so going to melt on the spot.

 

When he pulled away, he gave me a sheepish smile. "Just a good night kiss." Then he lightly pushes me to go inside and I obliged.

 

I walked all the way to the front door and there was a package on the doorstep. I picked it up before coming inside. When I went inside, the kitchen's lights were open and I see Daehyun oppa searching for food inside the fridge. He gets a carton of milk from the fridge and the cookie jar that was inside the cupboard. When he turned around, he almost dropped everything in his hands once he saw me.

 

He puts the carton of milk and the cookie jar on the dining table. "You've almost scared me to death. Where have you been?"

 

I let out a few giggles. "Just went out to have a night stroll."

 

"A night stroll or you met up with that boy I saw you were with during Christmas party."

 

"Aniya." I strongly denied. "Just a night stroll."

 

He sighs and pulls a chair on the dining table. I walk to the dining table and take a seat opposite to him.

 

I inspected the box and shake it. It doesn't seem like there's a bomb inside so I opened it. The first thing I saw once I opened it was a note.

The note:

 

Dear Jehyun,

 

Santa Claus here :) Sorry for not sending the gifts you wished for the past days. Santa was busy at the toy factory and also in delivering other gifts to children all over the world. You do realize you aren't the only one who wishes right? Hohoho. Anyways, here are the gifts you wanted, Dearberry Kiss of Berry Tint Lip Balm (Hyunseong's), Dearberry Ice Cream Hand Cream (Kwangmin's); Dearberry Ice Cream Hand Cream (Youngmin's).

 

Merry Christmas~

 

XOXO

Santa Claus

 

I looked inside the box further, indeed the gifts I wanted was inside it.

 

Now, there was only one question in my mind.

 

Is this really from Santa Claus or a secret admirer pretending to be Santa Claus?