A MAILMAN'S LETTER FROM CHANYEOL

EXO LOVE LETTERS
Today you went home to visit your Umma. Monday is a holiday and you are enjoying your long weekend. Leaving your assignments for Monday evening.
"I'll prepare special lunch for us," she said while standing in the doorway.
"Umma, you don't really have to."
But she insisted.
You were left in your Umma's apartment. Your parents got divorced after you graduated in high school and this school year you will be graduating in college.
You lay down on the floor while staring at the ceiling when there was a shout from the door.
"Mailman."
You didn't mind standing up because your laziness strikes again.
There was a letter that was slip from the small space between the floor and the door.
"Who could be sending Umma a letter?" You got up all of a sudden at the thought that your Umma has a boyfriend since your Umma is still beautiful at her age.
The envelope didn't say any address and the name of the sender.
Then you started unfolding the letter and started reading it out.
 
To My Dearest EunJae
I made you this letter, to say goodbye.
I am not going to some place.
I am going to heaven or if the god doesn't want me there I'll be in hell.
Our son is all grown up, he can take care of himself.
He's turn to a wonderful person.
I wish that you were there to see him grow up.
All this time, I was waiting for you to return.
But you didn't.
-YongWon
 
"Who are these people? The mailman must have sent it to the wrong house." You were kneeling on the floor near the door reading the letter. "How sad, this letter should or this person's love story should be dramatized."
There was a knock on the door that startled you.
You stretch your arm and opened the door, you are to lazy to get up.
"Ahm, excuse me." It was the mailman who looked down at me. He smiled, "Did you happen to see a letter that a slip?"
"You mean this?" You showed the paper to him.
:O "You've read it?"
Nods, "Yes I did." Then you got up and place the paper back inside the envelope. "Do you happen to know these people? Or are you their son?"
The mailman's expression changes into somewhat gloom. You invited him in. As a young journalist in the making you want to hear unique and interesting stories from different people.
"YongWon was the mailman, he delievers letters in this area," he started. "I am only doing this for charity, their jobs is not that easy. I swap the letters and his letter that I was suppose to read got here." He opened his bag. "Here's the letter, I am so sorry for my carelessness." He bows down.
"No, it's alright, everybody makes mistake." You put the letter aside. "So let's continue with the story."
He nodded, "The couple had a son. He's studying law in the University in the city. YongWon committed suicide yesterday." There was a pause in your pulse. "And this letter was found in the table in the living room. His wife left him eight years ago, his son was just in high school at that time. Depression made him thin and always in gloom. He hook up with another woman who was also married to another man. Until he hanged himself in their house."
"That's very tragic."
"Yes it is."
"Does the son know?"
"His father's co-workers called him up this morning."
You turned silent at the moment and the door opens and you Umma calls out.
"I'm back." The smile on her face fades out when she saw a stranger inside the house.
"I haven't ask for your name," you turn to him.
Then he smiled widely, "Park Chanyeol, code name happy virus."