A LETTER IN THE SNOW AND A PRESENT FROM LUHAN

EXO LOVE LETTERS
"I'm not sure if I could come home."
You sighed and look at the snow falling outside.
"I understand, if only you told me earlier that you can't go home."
"I promise I'll be home in New Year's eve."
 
The conversation ended while you carry a heavy burden in your chest.
December 25. Christmas and your birthday.
This will be the fifth time that Luhan will never be home for your birthday. You two celebrated it usually in June when you go to South Korea for your vacation and you'll pay him a visit. He will have something for you.
But all you ever wanted was to celebrate your birthday on the twnty fifth of December with him. You understand that he is busy with his career but because he is too attained to his career that he is out of your reach.
You decided to sleep this cold day.
Sleep is half-accomplished while you are awake and staring at the ceiling.
Your mom was busy with your auntie in the kitchen while you were taking your slumber. Food and sleep is what you need especialy at times like this.
You woke up when dinner was over.
Your little cousins were playing in the living room.
You went outside not minding what you're mom was saying. It wasn't snowing at the moment and some kids were in the neighborhood singing their Christmas carol. The Christmas lights seems slow-mo while you stood there playing with the white smoke coming from your mouth.
The snow under your shoes were crumbling like crispies.
A jacket was your only protection from the cold. The frontyard was lighted with those reindeers and  frosty the snowman. People pass about exchanging greetings when you notice something written in the snow. Because it was hard to read it with blinking lights you went closer.
 
Dear _______,
Merry Christmas. Do you really think that I will forget your birthday? Under Rudolph is a gift for you and I hope you will like it.
Luhan-
 
O____O "Could he be here?" You approach the raindeers and bending down to check what he means 'under Rudolph is a gift for you'. There was a something under Rudolph indeed. A box tied with a big red ribbon.
From: Luhan
To: ________
 
Excitedly, you opened up the box and a white adorable kitten says meow to you.
"Aren't you the cutest thing," you said while picking it up out of the box.
Then there were crumbling snow again.
You turn around to check it.
"Merry Christmas," somebody said.
On the opposite side of Rudolph the red nose reindeers is Luhan smiling at you.
"Happy Birthday."