Past, Unknown, Revealed

Nyongdal Drabbles
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Many thanks to Maknong Trysha for Jiyong's pictures and also Saem Kei for this amazing poster. I heart you two <3
And also, Nica, this one's for you, as you requested^^

 

The house was chaotic as usual, to which it had been since three years ago. Sounds of little kids running around here and there, accompanied with laughter had been the music to Dara and Jiyong's ears ever since. Watching their twins play with each other and sometimes being attentive towards their little brother who had just turned eight months with their very own eyes never failed to make them smile.

 

But that wasn't the case for now. It was two in the afternoon and the house was filled with silence. In the kitchen, there stood Jiyong—his thoughts were lost in space as he let the counter right in front of him support his whole weight. He had been that way for quite a while, his mind couldn't seem to imagine how his life would be in for the next few days.

 

Dara, on the other hand just left the room after putting her kids to sleep for their afternoon nap. Entering the kitchen, she saw her husband—staring at nothing in particular, looking almost like a lifeless person. As she walked past him, she heard him let out a heavy sigh.

 

“Our neighbours would think that we've gone bankrupt if they hear you,” She stated—wrapping her arms around him, bringing Jiyong back to reality.

 

He turned around to face her but decided not to say anything. Instead, his gaze was fixed on Sandara as the woman of his life curve her usual sweet smile for him. Looking from his expression, she knew exactly how he was feeling.

 

“Are you worried?”

 

Jiyong brought his hands up to her waist and secured his embrace. “Rather than worried... I'm actually afraid of what's going to happen within the next two days,” his answer made Dara burst out in laughter.

 

“Stop being funny, Jiyong.” She slapped his arm lightly. “You're acting like I just gave birth yesterday.”

 

Jiyong kept his face straight—he didn't find humor in his words. He was worried for real, and he didn't want to imagine the possibility of having the whole house turn upside down by the time he was left alone with his kids. Unknown to him, Dara observed his expression and it made her let out a light chuckle.

 

“You can do it, oppa.”

 

It was his turn to sigh, his brows furrowed slightly as if he was thinking of something.“How did we end up having three kids, jagiya?”

 

“Tch,” she snickered. “You told me to stop with the injections.” She said straight-forwardly, eyes fixed on his.

 

“I did?”

 

Hearing that, Dara lightly shook her head and broke their hug. She walked towards their living room, picking the toys that was in her way before resting herself on the couch. Jiyong who had been trailing her from behind offered to keep the toys back to their places to which she gladly complied.

 

“Jagi, I really did say that?” He repeated as he joined his wife on the couch.

 

She looked at him, and she seemed so unamused with the kind of query thrown at her. He seriously didn't remember saying that..?

 

“Last time, I said I should get back to my injections after having H

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter