Sweet Night

Nyongdal Drabbles
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

The music boomed in her ears. It was only Wednesday, but there Sandara was, drinking her heart out all alone in a club. Technically, she was not alone—she came with her friends, but they were busy dancing excitedly while she chose to chug down the drinks served. It was Ladies’ Night anyway; she didn’t have to bother about the bills. Being a woman gave her so much privilege, she smiled to herself inwardly.

 

She had to work tomorrow, yet she was far from getting herself ready for bed. How did she end up being here? She recalled all the things that happened to her today. It was a hard day for her, but one thing made her lose her mind—the news that her boss, who had been her crush for two years, had shared the news of him be getting married in a few days. Sandara wanted to spend the night crying and sobbing miserably, but her friends wouldn’t let her. “Only losers do that,” they commented.

 

“Come on! Let’s go out. Who knows, you can meet those handsome BIGBANG boys,” one of them teased.

 

“Psh. As if I’d ever get a chance,” Dara reasoned back, but she knew it was useless.

 

Her eyes left her drink for a moment and scanned for her friends on the dance floor. They were really having fun with their random partners. The woman sighed before looking at her drink once again and finished it in one go. Fishing out her phone, she began tapping her screen and texted one of her friends.

 

“I’m heading home. Thanks for tonight, girls. Love u guys.”

 

Leaving the club on her own, she managed to walk along the pavement without getting herself injured. She was slightly tipsy, but the fresh air outside somehow made her feel better. She was just starting to enjoy the cold air when two guys stood in front of her, stopping her from her tracks.

 

“Aren’t you cold, miss?” Asked one of them.

 

She sighed a bit, cursing under her breath for the disturbance. Her head was beginning to pound so hard, feeling the alcohol that she consumed a little while ago beginning to take its toll.

 

“Excuse me, I need to go,” Dara tried sounding as polite as she could, not wanting to create any fuss. She had enough already, and adding another one would be the last thing she wanted to do.

 

“Aw, so soon?” Asked the other one as he lighted his cigarette up. “Come with us, you’ll have a good time,” he nudged his head slightly in the club’s direction.

 

“No thanks, I’m actually—”

 

“Is there anything you need from my girlfriend?” A foreign voice suddenly came into the scene.

 

Sandara’s eyes looked at those two ers right in front of her and she saw them shaking their heads. Her breath slightly hitched when she felt an arm draped over her shoulder.

 

“I believe that everything is alright here, babe?” the stranger asked, turning his head to the girl next to him.

 

“Ah, yes...” The petite girl’s brows furrowed, her brains racking every cell, thinking who on earth this new guy was, but she decided to play along—and she nodded.

 

“We were just asking for directions,” one of them said. “Thank you very much,” they said before backing away.

 

“Useless bastards,” she heard him hiss before turning herself at him, looking at her saviour. His face seemed familiar, but she just couldn’t seem to remember where she had seen him. Dara began to regret drinking so much. Knowing that she recognised who he was, but thanks to her clouded head, she couldn’t think of any names at the moment.

 

“They didn’t do anything to you, did they?” He asked concernedly.

 

She gave him an assuring smile and shook her head. “Thanks for the help. I appreciate it so much. I should leave now... thank you again.” Dara bowed to him.

 

But she didn’t know what had gone wrong; Dara lost her balance when she straightened up. She knew what would happen next and braced herself for the pain that would hit her head, but it never came. As cliché as it may sound, Dara felt a pair of hands grabbing her, preventing her from falling. She could also feel her right hand gripped hard, thus pulling her forward.

 

Sandara realised that she was still in his embrace, and somehow, she felt secure being that way. Her eyes began examining his features, and she liked what she was seeing. His eyes which looked at her intently, made her heart thump for an unknown reason. His pointed nose was perfectly shaped, and his curvy upper lip....

 

“You alright, miss?” His query brought her back to reality.

 

Sandara’s head felt very light that she sometimes could see doubles on everything her eyes laid on. She gave him a nod and got on her own feet once again. “Whoa!” She exclaimed, feeling her body swaying left and right.

 

Once again, a long arm wrapped around her waist, preventing her from collapsing anytime soon. “Just how many drinks you had...” She heard the same voice again, and she began to feel that she was used to hearing it already. He sounded curious and concerned at the same time—she felt something inside her tingle.

 

“Just thiiiiiiis bit,” Dara held up her thumb and index finger close, giving him the visual. Instead of saying anything, he simply chuckled at her. She was tipsy, alright—but she didn’t fail to notice that sweet smile of his.

 

“Come, I’ll walk you home. It’s dangerous for a girl like you to roam around at times like this... Especially when you’re drunk.”

 

“I am NOT drunk!” She emphasised. “Just a little light-headed.”

 

His chuckle entered Dara’s ears again. “Alright, lady, whatever you say. Now, start walking.”

 

 

The walk home with a total stranger went well unexpectedly. She was pretty surprised at how much she had become comfortable around him. It wasn’t just bad things that happened to her today; she at least had this angel showing up in surprise and made her feel a little bit better, making her smile to herself. The two of them had decided to stay silent after the pointless bickering they had earlier, and she had nothing against it.

 

When Dara had already reached in front of her apartment entrance, she thanked the thoughtful guy for his kindness, to which he bowed slightly in return.

 

“Have a good night,” that was the last thing he said before turning his back and starting to walk away. He looked at Dara for one more time before winking at her. Oh, .

 

Can I call you my own, and can I call you my lover
Call you my one and only girl
Can I call you my everything, call you my baby
You’re the only one who runs my world~

The tall guy who was already a few steps ahead hummed to the song, and she found his voice mesmerising.

 

“So... are you a musician or something?” Sandara blurted out. It just came out randomly after hearing how he was talented in the field.

 

He stopped walking, turning his body to face her once again. Damn, he looked hot with that leather jacket, and Dara mentally cursed herself for only noticing how fine he looked.

 

“Why?” He smiled, probably amused with the woman’s sudden curiosity. “You sure you want to know?”

 

This time, she just shook her head. “Oh, forget it. Wanna come inside for coffee? You know, it’s cold right here.. You might want to warm yourself first.”

 

Sandara could see him heading back towards her, and her breath hitched at the instance. He stood right in front of Dara—paused for a moment, probably considering her offer. “You don’t mind having a stranger inside your apartment?”

 

Maybe it was the alcohol, but she couldn’t register what he was saying entirely. Her eyes darted on his pair of thin lips as if they were waiting for her to dive in. “I won’t mind having you... inside me..”

 

Sandara knew what she was doing and saying, but she just couldn’t seem to stop herself. Yeah, it was definitely the alcohol.

 

She was unaware of everything after she said that, but the next thing she knew, the petite woman found out that she was already leaning towards him—their lips met his for a long, chaste kiss, and it f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter