Q&A, Fifth, Economy

Nyongdal Drabbles
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Q&A, Fifth, Economy

 

The lecture hall began to be filled with students. Entering another new semester, it was common for everyone to show their excitement in their own way—mostly seeing their friends and not looking forward to the subjects they were going to be learning.

 

It was almost 9, and the place was already making so much noise until someone entered. As if sensing his authoritative aura, everyone fell silent immediately. Dara was taking an Economic class, and as usual, she didn’t have anyone she knew who took the same subject as hers.

 

“Good morning, everyone,” he greeted charismatically—his handsome feature made some of the female students ogle at him. “My name is Kwon Jiyong, and I’ll be your lecturer for Economy. I can see lots of fresh faces here... Welcome.”

 

“Now, this is something I do every semester. Before we start, is there anything that you would like to know?” he began his small Q&A session.

 

“What should we call you?” A male student asked as he raised his hand.

 

“Mister Kwon, Mister Jiyong, anything.. But I prefer you call me Professor Kwon.”

 

“How long have you been lecturing here?” This time a female student asked.

 

“It’ll be my fifth year in a few months.”

 

“Are you married?” Asked another female student, making the place filled with curiosity.

 

“Haha,” he chucked, seemed to be amused with the query. Dara could see his gummy smile showing. “Maybe... Maybe not,” he smiled, his eyes somehow landed on her.

 

She stopped breathing, feeling herself blush a bit. It would be a roller coaster ride semester for her; she just knew it.

 

“Hey there,” a voice from Dara’s left was heard. She ly to see a guy with brownish hair smiling at her, his chic-ness radiating with every word he uttered. “What’s your name?”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter