Chapter 3

Sweet & Sour (Hiatus)

Beep!

Beep!

Beep!

Smack!

Donghae woke up and forgot for a second what he was supposed to be doing.

Oh yeah, getting ready for school.

After regaining his thoughts and task at hand, he got up and out of his bed. His body was less sore, but there was always that body part you used extra muscle from and the soreness lasts longer. Donghae, who didn't want to open his eyes, he began to walk out of his room to wake Henry up once again.

Bonk!

"Owww..."

Donghae finally opened his eyes and realized that the door was still on the other side of the wall.

Deja vu?

The boy awkwardly rubbed his head again and finally exited his room. I bump my head once, it was an accident. I bump my head twice, now I'm just stupid...

Donghae opened the door and approached a sleeping Mochi sleeping peacefully. Donghae smiled at how adorable his younger brother was, but sadly he was wasting time just standing there like some sort of creep. He decided to have some fun by waking up the younger in a less subtle way. Donghae bent his knees and pounced up into the air and landed on top of Henry like a cat.

"Oof!"

He began to shake Henry up vigorously, repeating the words, "Wake up!" over and over again. Henry laughed at Donghae's childishness. "Alright, alright. Hyung, I'm up. Now would you get off of me so that I can change? Donghae smiled when he saw Henry genuinely laughing again. Mochi looked better than yesterday and he definitely felt a little better, but he still had the desire to move back.

Donghae got up and headed towards the bathroom and later they both switched and now Donghae was changing into his clothes while Henry did his routine in the bathroom, such as, washing his face, brushing his teeth, releasing any waste, and a shower if possible. Donghae was the first to head downstairs and he found a note on the kitchen counter table. It read:

My little babies,

I have a meeting that I must attend early in the morning and I will not be able to make breakfast or drive you guys to school. I presume you both know the way since you guys walked home yesterday and didn't tell me, so I ended up driving all the way to your school to pick both of you guys up during work and waited 10 minutes but you guys never came. I won't be able to pick you up today, so I expect you to walk home together. Do not go in anyone's van or car, even if they have candy. PLEASE BE SAFE. 

Love, Omma

Donghae laughed at the candy part and shoved the note down his pocket. He entered the kitchen and searched for some food to eat. There were only a few items in the fridge since they had just moved in. Luckily, they had ramen. So Donghae quickly cooked 4 packs and Henry later joined and they ate together. After grabbing their bags, they locked the door with a spare key their mother also gave to them when she gave them their uniforms and headed towards school.

They had been walking for about five minutes when they heard someone shouting, "Donghae! Henry! Wait up!" It was Hyukjae, and he was running from behind them. When he finally caught up it was now the three of them walking together. Henry and Hyukjae talked and talked while Donghae just listened while staring at nothing in particular.

"I'm going to go on ahead, so I'll see you guys later!" Henry chirped as he began to jog.

"Wait, what?! Why?" Donghae asked, but as Henry was already running, he turned his head back and winked at Donghae. "Be careful!"

"Don't worry!" Henry assured. The little boy's body grew smaller in the distance and the seniors just continued to walk silently. Donghae wasn't uncomfortable, but it was the wink that disturbed him.

"Oh yeah, Donghae," Hyukjae started, "Do you want to go out with me today?" Donghae's eyes widened to the size of golf balls wondering if Hyukjae had just really asked him out.

What should I say? This is the first time a guy has ever asked me out! Should I reject him? We've just met not too long ago, this is happening way too fast. He's good looking, but I barely know him. Should I tell him I don't see him that way? Do I even like guys?!

"U-Umm..." Panicking, Donghae had no idea how to reply. His face turned bright red.

It took a moment for Hyukjae to finally realize what he had just said, and it was totally not what he meant. "I-I mean, hang out with me after school! Y-you know, since you're new to the city and I-I could give you a tour of Seoul and show you some hot spots! I didn't mean go out with me as in d-date me, w-were just friends after all, and-"

"BUHAHAHAHA!!" Donghae couldn't help but laugh at how cute his stuttering was, but he kept that thought to himself. Hyukjae's face was all red from embarrassment and laughed it off too. "Sure, I'll hang out with you."  The younger said with a smile showing his teeth. Hearing that caused a gummy smile to spread on Hyukjae's face "You free by 5?" he asked, gaining back his composure and natural face color.

"Yeah."

"5 it is then. Let's meet outside of your house."

The boys entered their classrooms together and both sat down. An impatient feeling lingered in Donghae's heart. For some mysterious reason, he was excited to go out and see the city of Seoul with Hyukjae. When he was still living in Mokpo, his friends never asked him to hang out after school with them before. He didn't know why, but he just assumed it was because his family was poor and he couldn't pay anything.

Why don't I miss any friends in Mokpo?

 

 

 

Yup! Donghae and Eunhyuk are getting closer together. And that wink from Henry ;) What do you guys think that was supposed to mean? Hmmm... Bit suspicious anybody? Thank you for everyone who read and subscribed! I greatly appriciated it! Thank you~