Our Story

Look Me In The Eye
"So how do you know Youngjae?" Yongguk asked curiously as we waited for Youngjae to get out of the shower. 
 
"His parents and my parents were high school best friends. They always stuck together, so we ended up growing up together." I smiled. 
 
"Are you guys really similar then? Like the same person, but different?" Daehyun asked. 
 
"That barely makes any sense, but no. We are actually basically the most opposite people to ever be so close." I laughed at his wonder. 
 
"What does that mean? Junhong cocked his head shyly. 
 
"He's the smart, follow the rules type while I'm the rebellious, 'you can't tell me what to do' type. He was always taking really good notes in class while I rarely even showed up. It's a wonder he sticks by me with how much trouble I get him into," I said thoughtfully, tapping my chin. 
 
"You got him into trouble?" Himchan laughed. 
 
"Loads." I rolled my eyes. 
 
"Like what?" Jongup's eyes sparkled with excitement. They all looked like children waiting to hear a story. 
 
"Well, I blew up the science lab at school because the teacher failed me and Youngjae was labeled an accomplice. I also got really drunk once and he had to watch over me. One time, I keyed my ex's car and he thought Youngjae did it. That actually happened twice I think. Oh! Another time I decided I was gonna quit school so I burned all of our stuff. He failed a class 'cause of that. Uhm, I also got us kicked out of a store for messing with the employees...three times. That's all I can think of now!" I counted off on my fingers and decided to stop when I realized just how much I had put Youngjae through. 
 
"You were quite the rebel!" Himchan noted, laughing. 
 
"Yeah. I mean, it's not like I grew up in a bad family. My parents were the coolest. They were both really free-spirited, so I guess that's why I'm like this. I just take risks and do what I want because I don't care. It's a bad habit." I twisted the ends of my hair as I spoke. 
 
"But that's kind of cool! Being able to follow your dreams without worrying could really take you places. I think it already has," Yongguk said with a small smile. 
 
"It's hell if you're her friend. She does whatever she wants, gets you in trouble, and does it all again." Youngjae interrupted from the other side of the room. 
 
"Yet you still stay by my side." I rolled my eyes at him.
 
"Because you make life interesting." he smiled and joined us on the couch. 
 
"You'll make me blush." I teased and punched him on the arm. 
 
"So what's the plan for your fiancé?" Youngjae clapped his hands as if calling together a serious meeting. 
 
"First we need a code name!" I exclaimed. 
 
"You're an idiot..." Youngjae sighed in mock shame. 
 
"I'm hungry." I complained, interrupting my own thought. 
 
"That's a great code name." he rolled his eyes. 
 
"Youngjae, that's brilliant! Like to tell each other to put the plan in motion, someone just says 'I'm hungry' so it's inconspicuous." I slapped his arm in excitement. 
 
"That's not what I meant..." he trailed off. 
 
"I know that! I'm not that stupid." I pouted. 
 
"Keyword 'that'." Youngjae muttered under his breath. 
 
"I heard that you little brat!" I smacked him on the back of his head before continuing. "So what's the actual plan?"
 
"Well first we should see if he even comes over here after you. If he can't even chase after you, then what's the point?" Youngjae shrugged. 
 
"True. So what should I do? Call him?" I asked, unsure. 
 
"Give it a few days. If he doesn't call first, that's minus some points. After, say, three days, call him." Himchan suggested. 
 
"What do I say?" my brows knitted together in worry. 
 
"The truth. Tell him you weren't sure if you were ready, so you just freaked out. Tell him to come here with you so the two of you can take some time off together and think things through." Yongguk tapped his chin thoughtfully as he spoke. 
 
"You guys are geniuses!" I smiled wide. 
 
"We know." Daehyun smirked playfully. 
 
"Let's get this plan in motion!"