Plan

Look Me In The Eye
"Don't mind me, but who are you?" someone broke our moment and we pulled apart from our hug. 
 
"Name's Dinah. I'm Youngjae's childhood friend!" I smiled brightly and bowed. 
 
"So you, uh, broke into our dorm?" another one inquired. 
 
"Aha, yeah. I was kinda mad at Youngjae so I didn't think..." I laughed and rustled my hair with my fingers. 
 
"Your Korean is awful..." Youngjae stared at me with mock terror. 
 
"I've been speakin' nothin' but Spanish and English for three years! Get offa my back!" I punched him in the arm lightly. 
 
"So, Dinah. How long are you staying in Korea?" Youngjae laughed easily. 
 
"Ehhhhhhheheh..." I laughed and turned to walk out the door. 
 
"What aren't you telling me?" Youngjae grabbed my hair and eyed me suspiciously. 
 
"Nothin'!" I rocked back on my heels to smile at him sweetly. 
 
"I'll pull your ears until they fall off!" he teased and pulled my ear. 
 
"Good! Then I don't have to listen to you!" I giggled. 
 
"You brat!" he growled and put me in a head lock. 
 
"Ow, ow. Okay, I'll tell ya!" I yelled in defeat. 
 
"So why aren't you telling me how long you're here?" Youngjae raised an eyebrow after releasing me. 
 
"Well, uhm.  I kinda maybe got engaged?" I shrugged. 
 
"You what?" Youngjae grabbed my shoulders. Shock overriding the glimmer of pain. 
 
"There was this guy and he proposed and I didn't know what to say so 'yes' just came out of my mouth so I ran away. Also I quit my job." I spoke quickly, hoping Youngjae wouldn't catch the last part. 
 
"What is wrong with you? That job was the whole reason you left! Why would you quit?" Youngjae asked, completely taken aback. 
 
"Well, I wanted to start my own line. I got a lot of recognition working for that designer when one of my designs was featured in the runway show in Paris. So I quit and the company gave me some money as a thank you slash hope you change your mind. I took the money and came out here. I was hoping you'd let me design some clothes for you to wear before I kick off with this madness." I chewed my lip and rocked on my heels. 
 
"You're insane. You're absolutely crazy. You quit your job, got engaged, and ran away?" Youngjae looked as if I had just shattered everything he ever knew about anything. 
 
"I don't wanna get married! What was I supposed to do?" I asked. 
 
"Tell him no?" he raised an eyebrow. 
 
"But I already said yes!" I tugged at the ends of my hair in distress. 
 
"Well, do you like him?" one of Youngjae's friends interjected. 
 
"Yes?" I answered, unsure. 
 
"Himchan, you aren't helping." Youngjae sighed. 
 
"I'm sorry! I don't know your names!" I exclaimed, turning to the members of BAP. 
 
"Dinah, I highly doubt that's important right now..." Youngjae sighed. 
 
"It's plenty important! So, your name is Himchan?" I asked the one who had just spoken. 
 
"Yes." he nodded with a polite smile. 
 
"And I'm Daehyun!" another chimed. 
 
"Junhong. I think I spoke to you on the phone?" he greeted me shyly. 
 
"Yeah, sorry for waking you up." I laughed sheepishly. 
 
"I'm Yongguk," another said. 
 
"And I'm Jongup." the last one smiled. 
 
"Himchan, Daehyun, Junhong, Yongguk, and Jongup?" I pointed at each. 
 
They nodded in unison. 
 
"Back to the matter at hand! Are you just going to tell me all this and expect me to just nod and call it a day?" Youngjae interjected. 
 
"Uhm, yeah?" I cocked my head, biting back a smile. 
 
"You're insane. You're absolutely insane. I don't even know why I'm friends with you." Youngjae paced as he spoke and rubbed at his temple. 
 
"You've been saying that since we were young. I thought you'd be used to it by now." I laughed and elbowed him. 
 
"But this is crazier than anything you've ever done!" he threw his hands in the air. 
 
"Crazier than the time I blew up the science lab on purpose?" I raised an eyebrow. 
 
"A lab can be repaired! You can't repair your life if you make the wrong decision about who you love!" Youngjae stopped his nervous fidgeting to look me in the eyes. 
 
"Crazier than when I left the only person who cared about me to follow my distant dreams?" I asked softly. 
 
"Yeah. Because when you promised me you'd come back, it was a fluid promise. You can't find loopholes in 'till death do us part'." Youngjae sighed. 
 
"I haven't made any vows yet!" I reminded him with pursed lips. 
 
"How soon is the wedding?" he asked.
 
"Well, uh, I kinda ran away before any plans could be made. We could be broken up now for all I know." I shrugged sheepishly. 
 
"Well that solves it then! If you never go back, he'll probably know that you aren't gonna marry him," Youngjae said with excitement. 
 
"But I don't wanna break up..." I trailed off. 
 
"What do you want then? You don't want to get married, but you don't want to break up. You've got to make a decision, Dinah!" he grabbed my shoulders roughly. 
 
"I don't know what I want..." I bit my lip. 
 
"Why don't we do a sort of parent trap?" Himchan interjected. 
 
"What?" Youngjae and I asked in unison. 
 
"That's a cool idea! We make him go through some obstacles or something to see if he's really right for you." Daehyun nodded in agreement. 
 
"You guys are just as crazy as she is." Youngjae shook his head. 
 
"Let's do it! If he can pass all the tests then I can marry him knowing I've made the right choice! If he can't, then I know that I need to kick him to the curb." I nodded. 
 
"You're absolutely insane." Youngjae sighed. 
 
"I wouldn't be me if I weren't!"