Reunited

Look Me In The Eye

I sat dejectedly and listened to the dull dial tone of the phone. Who was I kidding? Did I really think that Youngjae would have the same phone number as when we were in high school? Pouting, I put my phone down. I was finally back in Korea and I had no clue what to do with myself. 

About exactly twelve hours ago I was given a huge bonus and told to take some time off for myself. And within seconds I was packed and flying from Madrid to Seoul. This was my first real break since I left three years ago. I don't know what possessed me, but coming back wasn't really the greatest plan. I didn't know anyone since my parents died a little after I left and the only person I could turn to probably hated me. 

Yoo Youngjae. Just the sound of his name made my stomach drop like a stone in a lake. I had practically ripped his heart out when I left and now I expected him to take me in for a few months? That was beyond bizzare even for me. 

"It's not like he'd expect any different from me. He knows I'm completely rash." I muttered to myself as I stood up from where I was sitting on the curb. 

Without any other way, I was going to stalk my childhood friend turned idol. I was a master at following people since high school and I'd be damned if I couldn't find the most oblivious idiot I knew. 

My first intuition was to check their agency. Perhaps they were there or someone there knew where they were. Either way, it was the best place to start. 

"May I help you?" the woman at the desk asked, smiling. 

"Yes, I was wondering if the members of BAP were in?" I asked with my best professional voice. 

"I'm sorry, and who are you?" she raised a skeptical eyebrow. 

"Pardon. I'm they're new designer. I came in to get measurements," I said, standing a little straighter. 

"With what firm?" she inquired, clearly disbelieving. 

"Marcy Designs in Madrid." I held out my card. 

"My apologies. I wasn't aware they had a new designer. Unfortunately, they just left," she said with a crease in her brow. 

"Do you know where I can catch them?" I asked, hopeful.

"I wouldn't know." she shook her head. 

"Quite alright. You wouldn't happen to have a number on record that I could meet them at, would you? Perhaps a personal cell or the number for their phone in their dorm?" I raised an inquisitive eyebrow. 

"Yes. Here's their dorm phone number. I apologize for the trouble!" she scribbled down the number and called after me as I walked away with it. 

"No trouble!" I called back. 

Triumphant, I pulled out my cell and tried the number. The phone rang several times before someone groggily answered it. 

"Hello?" they croaked. 

"Hi, who is this?" I asked, rocking back and forth on my heels. 

"Who is this?" they asked. I could hear a rustling of someone getting out of bed and stretching quite theatrically. 

"Ah, ah. I asked first. No answering questions with questions." I shook my head. 

"This is Junhong. What do you want? We're all sleeping..." he mumbled, barely audible. 

"Can I speak to Youngjae?" I asked. 

"But he's asleep..?" Junhong's sleepy voice made it sound like a question and I laughed at his childish demeanor even through the phone. 

"It's urgent. He knows me. It's really important." I pleaded. 

"Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmkay." Junhong agreed after quite the drawn out gurgle of a sound. 

A muffled movement was heard and someone was woken. I could hear Junhong explaining to someone that they had a call. My stomach was flipping, but this was my only choice. 

"Yeah?" Youngjae's voice was just the same as it always sounde when I woke him up from his mid-class naps. 

"Youngjae? It's Dina-"

*click*