Difference Between Grim Reapers and Humans

The Death Notebook (Hiatus)
Author's POV
 
Kai woke up and stepped on to the balcony, into the morning sunlight. "Is this how revolutions feels like, Joon? So good." Kai asked
 
"Look, I'm just going to say this." Joon said
 
"What is it, Joon?"
 
"It's not that I dislike you. In fact, I think the notebook was picked up by an awesome person. But, I'm not on your side, neither L's. That's why I won't say what you're doing is wrong or right. But as your roommate, I have a few things to say."
 
"What's up with you? You're not like this."
 
"What I'm about to say, isn't because I'm on your side, but it's creeping me out!"
 
"Just get to the point."
 
"Another human's been following you."
 
Kai froze. 'Does that mean L suspected the police already?' He stepped back inside his room and closed the door.
 
"I know he can't see me. But since I'm following you, it feels like I'm being watched too." Joon said shivering
 
'Whoever is investigating the police, probably has large resources. If I leave him for a few months, the chance of me getting caught will rise.' Kai thought
 
"Yah, let me tell you something cool. There are 2 differences when a human uses the Death Note and when a grim reaper uses it. Do you know why grim reapers have to write names in the Death Notebook? They take the person's remaining life span, for themselves."
 
"Take remaining life spans?" Kai asked
 
"Let's say a person's due to die at 90 and a grim reaper wrote that he would die at 40. 90-40=50 years are added to the grim reaper's life span. But when you use it, it doesn't increase your life span at all."
 
"Well, that's interesting." Hearing that, Joon smirked evilly.
 
"The second difference will be more of an interest to you. Do you know how grim reapers know a person's name just by looking at him?"
 
Kai's eyes widened. "You can see it with your eyes!"
 
"That's correct. I can see your name and life span above your head. If I was able to have convert your life span to human years, than I would tell you. But, I can't tell you because it's the rules. But if a grim reaper drops their Death Notebook and a human uses it, the grim reaper can change their eyes into a grim reaper's ones. It is sealed with a deal since ancient times."
 
"What price?" Kai asked
 
"Half of your life span." Joon replied
 
"Half of my life span?"
 
"If you were to live to 80, then you would have 40 years to live left. So, what do you say?" Joon asked
 
"I guess I'll say...

Cliff hanger

I'm too tired to write anymore

So I'm going to say good bye, Cutie Gyu way!