It Can't Be

Year of Us

Your POV

"Chungdam High School.", I read from a sign near the school's entrance.

I took a deep breath and walked through the gates. Students were all around me, buzzing with gossip from their eventful weekends. They were all huddled in groups and talking amongst themselves. A few curious eyes watched me as I weaved through the cliques. I felt like a complete outsider.

An expensive black car pulled up outside the school gates, students began crowding around the car- reaching for their camera phones and waiting in anticipation. I followed the crowd that had gathered, interested in the situation.

Was there a celebrity in this school?, I wondered in awe. A tall figure emerged from the car and I was pushed towards the back of the crowd. I stood on my tippy toes, curious to see who it was, but it was impossible to see. Cameras flashed and girls squealed.

"He's not that good looking in real life.", I heard a girl whisper to her friend.

The figure began to push through the crowd, and the squeals became hissing and booing.

"You think you're too good for us don't you?", a male student spat.

Murmurs of agreement.

The bell sounded and the crowd began to separate.

I followed the signs to the school office and recieved my timetable.

First period, English room 24. Not a bad start.

I located the room, which was in Block B. I approached the door and could hear the class screaming, the teacher was cradling a cup of coffee and had obviously given up on teaching the students. I knocked on the door timidly, and the students quietened.

"You must be the transfer student, from ____.", the teacher said by a way of greeting,"I'm Miss Jeon. Please introduce yourself."

I stood at the front of the classroom with sweaty palms.

"Annyong, I'm ____ and I just moved here from overseas. I hope we can be friends."

I made my way to one of the empty desks at the back of the room. A few of the students smiled at me and politely introduced themselves, as I walked past. I smiled back at them awkwardly and sat down in the hard plastic seat, there was one empty seat infront of me.

A late student burst into the classroom.

"Miss Jeon, sorry I'm late."

The class snickered at the late arrival.

"It's okay. Sit down, Lee Taemin."

Lee Taemin? Lee Taemin?! The Lee Taemin, from SHINee?

Impossible, it's probably just a popular name.

He walked down the aisle with grace, until a 'stray' foot tripped him and he fell to his knees.

"Whoops, sorry.", a male student smirked, pushing back his long brown hair from his face. The class burst into hysterical giggling.

He picked himself up from the floor, ignoring the arrogrant comments and continued walking. I watched him carefully, he kept his head hung low. He wore a puffy black, hooded jacket with a faux fur trim around the edge of the hood, tight low-rise skinny jeans and shiny white Dr. Martens. It was difficult to see his face, which was framed by shoulder length, sandy brown hair. It couldn't be the bubbly maknae of SHINee, I thought as he took the seat in front of me.

I smiled to myself and copied the work from the whiteboard.

It's just a look a like.

 

----

Short-ish chapter~

Will update soon. (: