Dubu Hyung

Year of Us

Onew's POV

My stomach rumbled violently. I groaned, knowing it was impossible to sleep on an empty stomach.

"Chicken..", I mumbled sleepily, pushing back the covers and crawling out of my bed.

I sat on the leather spinny chair with wheels, and wheeled myself towards the door, too lazy to walk.

"Maknae! Taeminnie!", I swung the door open, and called at the door opposite mine.

No answer.

Hm, he's usually up by now.

I shuffled into the empty hallway sluggishly, wearing a white singlet and hot pink pajama pants with printed cartoon chickens on them.

I pounded on his door loudly.

Silence.

"TAEMINNIE, I'M COMING IN!", I yelled in fustration.

3, 2, 1!

I kicked down the door.

I poked my head inside Taemin's untidy room. He wasn't there.

"Minnie? Are you hiding from me?", I called, stepping inside his room. It was a typical teenage boy's room, unmade bed, food wrappers, clothing was shrewn around his room. School books and homework were piled on his desk.

"Tsk. Taemin.. really. So messy, just like your Jonghyun hyung..", I mumbled to myself picking up food wrappers from the ground and tossing them in the bin.

A sudden sharp pain was felt through my heel of my left foot.

Huh?

I screamed in pain hysterically and lifted my left foot.. Only to find a small blue piece of lego stuck to it. I hopped around the room on one foot, throwing out every curse I knew.

"Hyung.. What the hell?", called a raspy voice from outside.

I limped outside, my left foot throbbing in pain.

Jonghyun was outside his room, leaning on the wall cooly. Parts of his hair were randomly sticking up in different directions and he was only clad in stripy pajama pants. He disappeared into his room, re-emerged and hurled a pillow at my head.

"YAH! Do you want to die, Jonghyun?", I smiled devillishly at him, catching the pillow just before it hit my face.

He looked at me, alarmed and bolted back into his room, slamming the door.

"Hah, that pabo was no match for me!", I said to myself triumphantly, before bumping into a staff member in the hallway.

"Woah, Onew easy there.", he said steadying his balance, "Just woke up?"

"Oh. Yah, do you know where Taeminnie has been?"

I pointed towards the maknae's empty room.

"Haven't seen him today. Last time I saw him was when I dropped him off at school yesterday. Aish.. That boy. Don't forget your photoshoot!", he called back at me, before running down the hallway.

"Photoshoot, 1:30. Don't be late, Jinki.", Manager hyung had said to me yesterday.

I entered Jonghyun's room. He was propped up on a bunch of pillows on his bed, texting lazily on his blackberry. Girls, by Wheesung was blasting from his iPod dock. The room was vibrating from the loud bass.

"So, I can't stop loving girls~", he sang loudly, not realising that I was standing in the middle of his room.

I coughed loudly and glared at him.

"Girls gir- oh, Dubu hyung I see you're not pissed at me anymore.", he grinned mischievously.

"How about you make it up to me?", I said, sitting on his bed.

He sat up and looked at me quizzically.

"Let me borrow your phone?", I suggested casually.

He handed it to me hesistantly and I snatched it from him eagerly. I dialled the number, that I had memorised, off by heart.

"Hello? Yeah, I'd like a bucket of KFC's finest deep fried chicken.. Special offer you say? Please, tell me more.."

 

----

Sorry sorry, slow update. I know! But I had writer's block for a while. I didn't actually do Onew's photoshoot, cause well.. I didn't really want the chapter to be too boring. I guess this could be classified as a 'Jongnew/Jongyu' chapter? Haha. ^^;

So, Onew is the dubu of SHINee. Clumsy, dad-like hyung to the members. And chicken obsessed. :)

If you didn't know, 'Dubu' means tofu in Korean and is Onew's nickname~

Please comment~