Farewells

Year of Us

Your POV

"Omomo! My baby has finally grown to be independant. Have you got all your luggage with you? Passport? Wallet? Oh, don't forget your plane ticket, honey."

There was no point trying to stop my mum from worrying, she meant well.

"Umma, I'll be okay. Don't worry about me. I promise I'll study hard and make you and appa proud!", I replied with a grin.

My dad gave me an awkward smile in acknowledgement.

I left my parents briefly to say my goodbyes to my boyfriend, who was standing several metres away from them.

"Honey, look there's one of those stores that sell nice wine!", said umma to appa.

She gave me a wink before dragging appa off. Good timing, umma.

"Yah, you better not meet some pretty boy in Seoul and run off with him when I'm not there", teased Sungmin, as he walked towards me.

I could tell he was joking, but underneath the joke there was a tone of worry.

"Oppa, you know I would never do that to you."

He hugged me from behind and smelt my hair. My eyes began to water and my body went numb. Just thinking about not seeing him for a year, was just too much to bear.

"Don't cry or I'll cry too..", he sniffed.

"Would all passengers on flight SK521, to Seoul, South Korea please make their way to terminal 12.", announced a voice from the airport's speakers.

My parents reappeared, and we said our farewells.

As I walked into terminal 12, I turned around to look at my parents and boyfriend for the last time.

"Sarranghae", I mouthed at them, before entering the terminal.

After settling into my seat in the economy section of the plane, I took out my ipod. Browsing through the songs, I chose one that was appropriate for the occasion.

I fell asleep listening to Taemin crooning in my ear,

"Nothing can stop me from loving you, you, you."

 

----

First fanfic ever. How was this for a first chapter? I hoped you guys liked it! I already had a drafted, handwritten version of this, but the final version has been majorly edited.

Thank you to my friend, crunchymuffin for giving me the idea of adding the boyfriend, Sungmin to spice things up.

Constructive criticism is appreciated.