Obsession

Year of Us

Jonghyun's POV

I threw the handful of shopping bags in my messy room and dropped dead on the unmade bed.

I vowed to myself that I would never go shopping with, Key ever again. Never in a million years. The crazy diva had dragged me through the whole shopping centre, in an attempt to look for the 'perfect fit skinny jeans'. As if he didn't have enough pairs of them. Then, we got stalked by some crazy fangirls, who followed us for ten minutes, screaming, "Oppaaaaa~ Give me a kiss!".

Shortly after, the paparazzi spotted us, and chased us with cameras flashing. We had to make a dash to a cab and leave.

I buried my head in a fluffy pillow, and glanced at the bright yellow watch, Key had bought me. 9:30PM it read. I groaned in fustration, it was too early to sleep and I was too tired to go out.

An imaginary light-bulb popped up above my head. An idea! I could go see her. No one would be looking for me, right? Onew hyung was going to be at KFC, stuffing himself full of chicken, Key said he would be getting a manicure and foot massage, Taemin would be studying or asleep, Minho was probably watching the soccer and manager hyung was having a business dinner.

I changed into fresh clothes, a plaid red shirt- and rolled up the sleeves to show off my toned arms and medium wash skinny jeans. I sprayed some perfume on myself, One by Calvin Klein. I remember her saying it smelt good on me. I smiled dorkishly at the memory and hit my head on the door frame, as I wandered out of my room. I rubbed my head in pain, hoping that I wasn't messing up my hair.

"Pabo.", I mumbled to myself as I tip-toed down the dorm hallway in my socks.

As I reached her door I began to sweat. I coughed once and knocked nervously.

"Hold on a minute!", I heard her call. Butterflies fluttered about in my stomach, after hearing the sound of her voice.

What would she think of me turning up at her doorstep randomly? We weren't even meant to be together. I tugged at the collar of my shirt, getting more nervous by the second.

Suddenly, her door flew open and she looked at me in shock. She was beautiful, no matter what expression was plastered on her face.

My presence finally registered to her, and she hissed, "Yah! Get your in here before anyone sees you, pabo!", before pulling me into her room and slamming the door.

"Noona, I missed you~", I flaunted my rarely used aeygo at her.

"Jonghyun, don't. I'm not in the mood for your aeygo. Don't you realise I'm risking my career to be with you? I'm breaching my contract, and if you're so reckless, we'll be discovered! Can you imagine all your fangirl's hearts being crushed?", she said scolding me.

I looked down at the floor, feeling guilty. She was right. What would our fans think?

"Let's break up.", she said, breaking eye contact with me.

The room began to spin. My legs had lost all their strength, and I collapsed on the floor. My eyes began to water and sting, I looked up at her beautiful face- with perfect features, framed by lightened wavey hair. How could someone so angelic looking be so cruel?

"No, stay with me noona. Please..", I began to whimper.

Then, the tears began to fall. They were merciless and uncontrollable- slowly sliding down my cheeks, one by one. I clung to her leg deperately, like a lost child.

She tried to shake me off.

"Y-yah! Get off me, Jonghyun. You're a grown adult, but you're acting like a child!"

My grip on her leg loosened and I began to sing to her in a trembling voice,

"All I wanted was simply to give you an endless love
I had no idea that more excessive love would strangle you
Those days when I was torn from my wounded heart
A love that lost its way, I fill up with tears.."


She sighed in fustration. One of her weaknesses was my singing- I knew her well.

She bent down and offered me her hand, I took it and was lifted up from the floor.

"Promise.. promise me, you won't do this again. Or we really will be over.", she said looking me in the eye, with a frown.

I nodded, "Anything for you, noona."

She walked me to the door.

"When will I see you again?", I asked unsure, wiping my tears off with the back of my hand.

She pushed me outside and whispered in my ear huskily, "Soon.. Good luck with your comeback, Jonghyun."

And slammed the door on my startled face.



----

Oooo, Jonghyun's obsession. Her identity will be revealed later.

This chapter was actually inspired from Obsession, from their latest album, Lucifer. A song, written by, Jonghyun himself. The song he sings to her is part of Obsession~

Oh, if you didn't notice, I deleted chapter 2, the cab scene and edited (what was before) chapter 3 slightly.

I'm planning the next chapter.. Your POV, first day at school?

Thank you for the love that I've been recieving and encouraging me to update. ♥