Pancakes and Pretty boys

Year of Us

Your POV

I woke up in a warm sunlight filled room, birds chirped pleasantly outside. Typically, I'm not a morning person, but today was one of the few exceptions.

After going to the bathroom and getting changed, I walked into the kitchen. I swung open the pantry doors.. It was empty, except for some spider webs in the dark corners. I smacked my forehead, and felt so stupid. I had only arrived yesterday, of course there would be no food in the pantry.

I grabbed my bag off the kitchen counter and headed out for some shopping.

As I stolled down a street near my apartment, I spotted a little cafe. A young Korean couple were sitting outside, with cute matching outfits. They were sharing a milkshake. Sad thoughts filled my head.. Sungmin oppa. I let out a little sigh, I missed him terribly and I hoped he would come to Korea to visit me soon. Maybe we could go to Lotte world, as neither of us had been there before. I smiled at the thought, and it raised my spirits.

I entered the small cafe, and a cute waiter greeted me with a smile. He ushered me over to one of the many empty tables and handed me a menu, before greeting another customer.

I dug through my black handbag and put my reading glasses on. Wow, the world was much clearer. I peered at the menu, the cafe served mostly coffees and cakes. 

The waiter that had greeted me before came to my table and asked for my order.

"Annyong! What would you like from our menu?"

"Mmm.. I'll have those pancakes with maple syrup and.. A hot chocolate please.", I smiled rubbing my hands together.

He chuckled, "Good choice. Is that all for the pretty lady?"

I nodded shyly and watched him walk to the counter with a little extra sway to his hips.

He returned a little later with my order, a plate of hot pancakes drizzled with maple syrup, whipped cream and raspberries in one hand and a mug of steaming hot chocolate in the other.

As he set down the meal and some cutlery on my table, I took a good look at him. He was maybe 20 or 21 years old- an oppa to me, wavey brown hair with a side swept fringe, milky complexion and warm dark eyes. The waiter rose to his full height- which was quite impressive, after putting my meal on the table. I could see his toned biceps move through the thin material of his white button up shirt.

Nice.

Embarrassingly, he saw me checking him out and he winked at me. I blushed and quickly converted my eyes from his physique to the delicious meal in front of me.

"Name's Joon. Lee Joon. You can call me oppa, if you want.", he said with a charming smirk on his face.

I took deep breaths, and thought of Sungmin oppa, back at home.

"I'm ____. And how do you know you're my oppa? I could be your noona.", I said smiling at Joon confidently.

He laughed and clapped his hands in amusement.

"I'm sure I'm older than you. Did you just move here? Don't remember seeing you here, trust me, I remember pretty faces."

"Yeah, I moved here yesterday. I'm studying here for a year or so, at Chungdam High School."

"Ah, I see. I go to Seoul University, but I work here part time. Hey, can I sit with you, if you don't mind? I haven't had my breakfast yet and the customers don't usually come until abit later."

"Sure, it's good to have company."

He grabbed some food from the counter and sat with me for half an hour. We talked about anything and everything, and discovered we had alot in common.

" ____-ah. I have to work now, the customers are starting to come, and I'm sure you're a busy girl. Just drop by if you need anything, or if you just want to visit me.", he said with a hopeful smile.

I paid him for the food, plus a generous tip.

"Thanks.. Yah, before you leave.. Can I have a hug?", Joon asked cutely.

I walked towards him, with arms open and we hugged. He was warm and I smelt a hint of colonge on him. We let go of eachother and laughed. I promised him I would visit frequently and left the little cafe with a bounce in my step.

 

----

Ooo, what will happen between you two? The waiter is meant to be Lee Joon, from MBLAQ- but only appearance wise and he is not famous in this fanfic, BUT I could make him a J.Tune trainee- which is the company that MBLAQ is under. Or he can be an ordinary oppa. What do you guys think?

By the way, the '____' is where you insert your name. I'm trying not to use the underscores, because personally I think it looks ugly/strange in writing.

The next chapter will be called, "A Spoonful of Jongkey". The title says it all. ;)

Thank you for the positive feedback. ♥

Also, is this fanfic moving too slow? It's set before the release of Lucifer, and I plan to do the members photoshoots- so you can get a glimpse of their personalities and relationships with eachother. And I just realised that.. the you character is the only girl so far. LOL, oh + the mum, but she doesn't really count. Another girl character coming up soon.. An indirect rival~ Should I give the you character a girl bestfriend? Hmm..

PS. How freaking long is this writer's blurb? ><