Chapter 2

The Double Sided Life I Live

Just as I was about to reach her, something shiny and reflective within the sea of fans and paparazzi caught my eye.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~

 

I squinted my eyes trying to figure out what that shiny thing was.

 

It took me a while before it hit me

 

IT WAS A KNIFE!

 

I panicked... it was aiming for Taeyeon! (She was in front of Jessica in the line they were walking in)

 

I froze for a few seconds

 

What can I do?

 

I can’t expose myself and the security guards can’t seem to see the knife!

 

I searched my pockets for something I could use

 

AHA! I’ve got it!

 

From the pocket of my pants, I pulled out a coin.

 

Without losing another second, I threw the coin with a flick of my wrist.

 

Gosh, I hope my lame last minute improv will help. Soo Man would kill me if it didn’t T_T

 

Bulls eye!

 

I sigh in relief as I saw the knife the man was carrying drop to the ground, I was so glad that I remembered my mentor’s training in pressure points.

 

I look at the fans that were beside the man, they were going to bend down and help the man pick up whatever he dropped, but they froze upon seeing the object on the ground.

 

Screams erupted from the fans near him

 

The girls whipped their head in their direction to check the cause of the ruckus, only to be pushed back by the guards and our manager trying to shield them from what they saw.

 

I acted with them, I put on a face of surprise.

 

“Oh my god!” I head the american duo say in unison

 

The next bit just unfolded rather quickly as we were immediately rushed into the waiting hall, away from the chaos that was happening outside the thin walls that separated us and the fans outside.

 

“Did you guys see that?” Yuri said with a quickly

 

“Yes I did unnie, it was scary… Why would someone bring that here? Why are they trying to harm us? I got so scared because it was going in TaeTae’s direction…” I said as my voice became smaller towards the end of the sentence.

 

I looked over to Taeyeon

 

She sat on one of the seats looking at the ground, she totally zoned out.

 

I quickly walked towards her and pulled her in for a hug.

 

“Its okay, unnie. Its over now, we are safe.” I said quietly to her as I hugged her.

 

I felt arms make its way around my waist and I heard quiet sobs.

 

I felt so angry and sad at the same time.

 

I was enraged that someone would dare hurt my family...let alone doing such a devious act in front of many many people…..the culprit had the guts….

 

I was so angry that I could not run to the man give him hell for doing this to our kid leader.

 

But I was also sad, I couldn’t imagine what would've happened if I did not notice the weapon among the sea of fans.

 

Manager oppa and the girls were around Taeyeon comforting her even though I knew that they were pretty shaken up themselves.

 

One of the security guards came back and said that authorities were on it already but sadly, the culprit escaped somehow.

 

This made me even angrier…

 

How could they let someone as dangerous as that get away?

What about CCTV? Witnesses?

 

My anger and sadness mixed into one and stayed within me throughout the whole trip to Japan.

 

Amidst my deep thought and replays of the situation that was happening in my head, I failed to notice a head resting on my shoulder as we were in the plane.

 

“Don’t think too much about it, its over now. It’s not even your fault. Don’t be so hard on yourself.” The gentleness of this voice brought me back to reality.

 

If only she knew of my job, she would understand that I should of been on more alert. I shouldn’t of panicked. It should have been me. I was hired for this job and I almost failed.

 

I sighed.

 

I turned my head and looked at the crown of the head that was resting on my shoulder.

 

I quietly mumbled a “Thanks”

 

But I chuckled slightly as I heard a reply of soft and steady breathing.

 

Typical Jessica, you really can fall asleep anytime.

 

I looked around carefully as to not wake up the sleeping ice princess on my shoulder.

 

Although everything seemed to be fine on the plane, I could never be too sure.

 

I scanned the first class area for anything that looked suspicious and finally returned to staring that the screen in front of my seat.

 

Well, I’m not getting any sleep on this flight. Gotta keep awake! HWAITING!

 

I told myself mentally before putting in one of my earbuds to enjoy some music as time passes by.

 

AFTER ABOUT AN HOUR AND A HALF (Flight from Korea to Japan is 1 hour and 41 minutes)

 

I looked out the window and saw the Japan Airport.

 

We are finally here! But we have to go through another airport. T_T Paparazzi and fans… at least I know to keep alert this time

 

I look over to my shoulder only to see that the ice princess was still sleeping.

She looked so peaceful.

 

No ice, just peacefulness

 

I took the next minute to study her facial features.

 

I was mesmerized by her beauty.

 

 

What on earth am I thinking? Stop this at once… Time to wake her up and stay on alert until we reach the dorm.

 

I snapped my head back into reality from my trance.

 

Time to wake this princess up~

 

I poked Jessica’s cheek

 

-poke poke-

 

“Sica unnie~” I said gently

 

No answer

 

I then sighed and squished her cheeks

 

“Sica unnie~~” I said, slightly louder this time

 

“mmmmmmmmm 5 more minutes” the princess said almost inaudibly

 

“No unnie, its almost time to get off the plane, you need to wake up. You can continue your sleep at the dorm tonight. Time to get up~” I said as I gently shook her.

 

“Fine” Jessica said as she lifted her head from my shoulder and rubbed her eyes like a little child.

 

Cute

 

“Wow...maknae actually woke up Sica without turning on HellSica mode… AMAJJING” Yuri said with wide eyes.

 

Jessica seemed to have heard as she stopped stretching midway and turned her head to stare at Yuri.

 

“You are lucky that I am too lazy to move at the moment. If was standing up already, you would of been frozen already.” Jessica said as she stared intently at Yuri

 

Yuri gulped and slowly turned the other way to avoid Sica’s glare.

 

After that little incident in the plane, no one said another word about how I was able to wake up the Ice princess from her deep slumber.

 

We got off the plane and just as we were about to enter the arrival hall, our manager oppa gathered us to say something.

 

“After what happened earlier today, I need you guys to stay together. We are not going to stop to sign any autographs, just smile and wave while walking. We are getting out of this airport as fast as possible. Travel in twos. Maknae you are going to walk in the middle with whomever you want to walk with.” Manager oppa said calmly.

 

Gosh, can manager oppa be anymore obvious? He’s supposed to keep my identity a secret. I thought as I mentally face palmed myself.

 

“Why is maknae going to walk in the middle? ….Oh wait, that makes sense, she’s the youngest and she needs the most protection!” Yoona asked and answered before anyone could say anything.

 

Omg, thank-you Yoona. You just saved me from making up an excuse.

 

“I’ll walk with Taeyeon-unnie” I said as I walked over to Taeyeon and pulled on her arm.

 

I swore I heard something from Jessica when I said that I would walk with Taeyeon, but when I looked back, she just smiled at me.

 

I want to walk with Sica, but after this morning, I think it would be safer to walk with Taeyeon just incase the attack was targeted.

 

After that thought, we began our journey through the airport arrival hall and finally into the vans.

 

IN THE VANS

 

“That wasn’t as bad as I thought” Fany unnie said in the van.

 

Our group was separated into 2 vans.

 

Taeyeon, Fany, Jessica, Me and Manager oppa

 

Yuri, Yoona, Sooyoung, Sunny and Hyoyeon in the other van.

 

“Maknae ah~” I heard Taeyeon call me

 

“Hmm?”

 

“Did you not sleep in the plane? You looked tired this morning and you look even more tired right now” Taeyeon questioned as she looked the the eyebags I had under my eyes.

 

The other 2 girls looked at my face.

 

“Errrr”

 

I can’t tell them that I was on guard during the plane ride. I can’t let my guard down after what happened. I am tired…..the meeting with Soo Man ajusshi took some of my sleeping time.

 

“I couldn’t sleep unnie, I’m getting too excited for the concert coming up!” I said with a smile as I rubbed the back of my neck.

 

“Aigoo, our maknae… Get some sleep now and we will wake you up when we reach the dorm, we still have quite some time. Go sleep now, you will need it later because we start rehearsals today” Taeyeon ordered

 

“Okay unnie” I answered as I shifted my position to get comfortable in order to sleep.

 

Jessica then put hand on my head and guided my head to rest on her shoulder.

 

“Just sleep” She said quietly.

 

I quietly mumbled a “Thanks” before letting my eyes close.

 

SOME TIME LATER…

 

“Maknae ah~” I heard someone someone call me.

 

I immediately opened my eyes, and sat upright

 

It was an learned instinct. This was something my mentor taught me. I could not afford to be taking my time if my life or the life of others was at stake. Every second counts

 

I looked beside me and was greeted with Sica’s smile.

“You never change, once someone calls your name when you sleep, you immediately jolt awake and sit upright” Jessica chuckled at my actions.

 

“Its time to go girls, we have to drop off our luggage and then head over to rehearsals right away.” Manager Hwang instructed us.

 

She stole Manager oppa’s line I smiled as I saw Manager oppa open his mouth, but closed it right after Fany’s order.

 

AT REHEARSALS

 

After bowing to the production crew and everyone, we got ready to rehearse.

 

Everything went pretty smoothly aside from the little error every now and then.

 

However, as we were practicing, I could help feel a little uncomfortable.

 

I felt as if someone was boring holes into me.

 

I felt uneasy, but I kept this to myself.

 

Every now and then I would take the opportunity to scan the area for the source of this uneasiness, but there were no results.

 

Break finally came and the girls were busy eating and gossiping.

 

I stood up to take a washroom break, but Manager oppa called me over to talk to him.

 

“_______-shi, what do you think of today’s attack? It was really unexpected, I’m glad the culprit was clumsy and dropped his knife though” Manager oppa said quietly to me as he laughed at the culprits clumsy move.

 

“It was rather unexpected, I mean, the airport was such a public place, how did he bring in a knife anyways? What happened to security?” I commented

 

“Yea, I don’t know, you better call Soo Man and talk about this, I’m sure he would like a report on what happened.”

 

“I will be sure to do so when the girls aren’t around oppa.” I assured him as I started to walk in the direction of the washrooms

 

“Oh and by the way…” I said as I turned to face Manager oppa before I went around the corner.

 

I took a coin out of my pocket and flicked my wrist throwing the coin at Manager oppa’s wrist. Manager oppa dropped the water bottle and held his wrist.

 

I winked at him and mouthed “The culprit wasn’t clumsy”

 

The last expression I saw on Manager oppa’s face before I entered the washroom was hilarious.

 

WASHROOM

 

I entered the washroom to wash my face.

 

After washing my face, I looked up at the mirror and looked at myself.

 

You can do this!

 

I thought to myself as I looked at my reflection.

 

It was at that moment someone barged into the washroom and yelled my name.

 

“__________-SHI!!!!!!!”














 

________________________________

 

Okay!!! Here is the second chapter!!!

 

Sorry it took so long, its nearing the end of the semester and I have essays and test to do.

 

But nevertheless, here is your chapter!!!

 

I didn’t manage to fit everything I wanted in this chapter….But its okay, I’ll just put it in the chapters to come!

 

I hope you guys enjoyed this update!!

 

PLEASE COMMENT (it makes me happy that people read this story, and it also gives me some motivation to update)

 

UPVOTE AND SUBSCRIBE~~

 

Until next time~~

 

-ShadowKnight Out-

 

P.S. sorry for any grammatical mistakes or boringness in this chapter if any!!