Chapter 7

The Double Sided Life I Live

Read Authors Note at the end plz :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

About 3 hours later, you woke up to the sound of large crash you heard coming from somewhere downstairs, and since you were not living in the dorm, you immediately jumped out of bed on high alert, grabbing the towel that was on your chair and the sword that you kept strapped under your bed.

 

This had better NOT be a drill... you thought as you walked out your bedroom door with a furious look on your face.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

You walked out of your room carrying your sword in one hand and the towel in another, then proceeded towards the railing of the stairs making as little noise as possible.  Reaching the railing, you stuck your head out a tiny bit to see if there was anything going on in the floors below you.

 

The coast seemed to be clear until you noticed a shadow zoom across the bottom floor.

 

Alarmed, you took the towel in your hand and tied it around the lower half of your face trying to mask your identity from this mysterious shadow.

 

Cautiously, you walked down the stairs, keeping your eyes peeled for anymore suspicious activity.

 

It was then you saw several shadows in the living room of the mansion moving back and forth, occasionally morphing into one giant shadow. Each shadow dancing across the wall flitted gracefully.

 

You stood quite a few meters away from the door just staring at the shadows trying to piece together the situation before barging in to see what is happening. It was then when another loud crash made audible and you just decided to just run in and go with the flow.

 

As soon as you ran into the room, you took in everything that was happening as quickly as possible. The most eye-catching scene seemed to be unfolding at the furthest corner of the vast living room.

 

There, you could see your mentor fighting against 5 other people and the most shocking thing about that was the invincible mentor you knew seemed to be struggling to win against these strange perpetrators. Panicking at the strangeness of the situation, you immediately started to make your way to the corner, but you were almost intercepted by one of the weird ninja people that invaded your ‘home’.

 

Left swing

 

Right swing

 

Duck

 

Uppercut

 

Side-step

 

Repeat

 

That was all that you did as you fought the unknown man.

 

From what you had observed as you were fighting him, he and his gang were well trained… well trained enough for you to actually be breaking a sweat fighting these people. The more you fought and the more you defeated, the more people seemed to come to you to fight you.

 

Where did these people come from? Why are they fighting us, more importantly, why does mentor seem to having a tough time against the leader of the gang and his men?

 

Questions were rushing into your head as you're continuously fought the strange men that rudely barged into your ‘home’ in the middle of the night.

 

You were too caught up in your thoughts as you felt a sudden tinge of pain on your shoulder.

 

You took a few seconds to look at your shoulder and noticed a thin line that was slowly being outlined in red.

 

DAMN IT! MY SKIN! HOW COULD YOU-

 

You swore in your head as you turned your head immediately to the person who you suspected had made that cut on your shoulder and gave him the coldest and meanest glare you could make.

 

The temperature in the room dropped.

 

Puffs of air could be seen every time anyone exhaled.

 

The man backed up a few steps and the others around him took the opportunity to attack you thinking that you were solely targeting the now scared man.

 

The first man took a swing with his sword and you immediately countered with a powerful swing of your own.

 

Swords clashed and your opponent staggered back and fell as his sword broke, falling in pieces. Left with no weapon, he stumbled back, unwilling to engage you who still have yours intact.

 

You then continued advancing towards the man who managed to leave a small cut on your shoulder.

 

This time, two people teamed up to attack you at the same time.

 

You turned around, ducked and combat rolled before back flipping to regain your fight ready stance and readying your first attack. You swung your sword at the man on the left and then to the person on the right immediately afterwards.

 

Taken by surprise, they both fell due to the sudden burst of strength, and as soon as they got back up, you glared at them, making them step back. Setting your sights back on the person who made that cut on your shoulder, you closed the distance between him and you. No one cuts you just like that.

 

The person seemed to be sweating as he kept stepping backwards, hoping to avoid a fight with you after seeing how you managed to fight your way through the others. But of course, the fight was inevitable.

 

“You…  dare… scar… this… body?” You hissed, voice octaves lower than usual, laced with threat.

 

“I… I… I’m not afraid of you!” He stuttered, finally gathering his courage to charge at you.

 

You smirked and readied your sword.

 

Swords collided once again and you engaged in a heated battle with the man.

 

You have to (albeit grudgingly) admit that after steeling himself, he actually fought better than the others as you noticed that he held his weapon skillfully and moved swiftly with each attack.

 

A few minutes later, after observing his attacks and patterns of movement, you saw a window of opportunity.

 

Left swing, duck down, upper swing… NOW!

 

As the man was recovering from his upper swing, you grabbed his hand to prevent him from doing anything with the sword then you brought up your knee and hit the perpetrator’s most sacred area.

 

And as he immediately doubled over in pain, you brought the hilt of your sword down and hit the back of his head with such force that he immediately stopped moving and just laid lifelessly on the floor.

 

You stood up slowly, letting your sword drag along the floor.

 

You turned your head and looked at the enemies who formed a circle around you and the slack body on the floor.

 

The men seemed to be scared of you as none of them dare step out of line.

 

“Anyone else?” you calmly asked.

 

The calmness of your voice was unwavering.

 

Your eyes were stone cold as a mysterious glaze just filled your eyes.

 

It looked as if you went insane to the point where nothing made you falter.

 

It was then you heard a cry of pain that snapped you out of your murderous state.

 

You looked to the direction of the cry only to see your mentor badly injured with cuts all over his body.

 

Without wasting another moment, you managed to dash over to him.

 

Taking out your second sword concealed in the first, and joining the swords by the hilt, you now use a double sided sword.

 

Mind blank of anything but revenge, you gritted your teeth, charging over to the 3 people who were also covered in cuts but in better condition than your mentor.

 

“DON’T.” You heard your mentor yell but you continued on, hatred and anger burning in your eyes.

 

Without saying a word or wasting a breath, you leapt into the air and landed in the middle of the 3 perpetrators

 

You blindly started to swing your sword and the 3 people kept on dodging.

How could they harm my mentor. They will pay. You can’t hurt my family and get away with it,

 

you thought as you continued to blindly attempted to strike your foes.

 

Then suddenly, you couldn’t move.

 

Panicking, you looked to your left and right.

 

2 of the 3 people had you pinned down and the last one was mumbling something as he walked towards you.

 

MOVE! you thought. HE’S GOING TO KILL YOU...MOVE BODY… MOVE DAMN IIT!

 

A tear escaped your eye as you began to realize that you would die right then.

 

The man who was quietly mumbling something stood before you now.

 

He stopped his whispering.

 

“You are an interesting one, able to cut through some of my best men without breaking a sweat. I’ll enjoy killing you.” He murmured, a twisted, feral grin playing on his thin lips.

 

He slowly unsheathed a dagger, tracing the tip on your skin with enough pressure to break the skin, cutting you just below the ribs. the knife sinking in deeper with every passing second. The cut was trailing down your right side, almost reaching your belly when you heard a very loud “STOP!”

 

With tears streaming down your face from the stinging pain, you could see a blurry figure standing up with a very light and cooling aura emitting from him.

 

The invisible force that kept you from moving fell away.

 

You crumpled to the ground holding your stomach that was bleeding steadly. gasping quietly. Cradling your stomach, you squinted to see the same blueish figure saying something that you couldn’t understand.

 

Your vision was getting darker and blurrier by the second.

 

“YOU WILL NOT DESTROY MY HOME AND HARM MY STUDENT. FOR THAT YOU WILL PAY!”

 

A sudden calming cool washed over you.

 

It was comforting.

 

You flipped yourself onto your back and kept pressure on your cut as your let the comforting coldness engulf you.

 

“____! Hang in there! You’ll be okay. Just rest.” You heard the same powerful voice calmly whispering to you before you let your eyes close and allow for yourself to melt into the coolness.


 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

PREVIEW TO NEXT CHAPTER

 

- “WHAT?! How can you do that?!”

 

- “_________! WHAT IS THIS?!”

 

- ”I forbid you from contacting me for the next few months.”



======================================

Authors Note

First of all, I just want to say that I am still alive!!!

Second of all, I would like to apologize for my hiatus.....

My hiatus was caused by the death of my laptop battery and my hectic schedule.

I am currently in Malaysia :D and i finally managed to get my laptop charged and finish writing this update.....

So much to do here.....I had to take a look at the few family businesses we run and meet some of the business people....(IT WAS BORING)

THIRD OF ALL....this addresses the news about Taeng's new relationship. I do admit that I am heartbroken and do find it hard to accept, I guess I just need time....but that does not affect this fanfiction. I REPEAT, DOES NOT AFFECT THIS FANFIC. I will continue writing this story even if all the girls come about about their relationships. As this fic is solely based on imagination, I get to decide what happens to the characters in this fic. So, in short....NO WORRIES, THIS FIC WILL STAY!

Forth, and last of all, I would like to apologize again for this late update, and I hope that you bear with me while this fic continues on. I am extremely grateful and thankful to all those who still support this fic and all the people who subscribed, upvoted and commented and ask for updates (even tho a comment other than "update plz" would be appreciated.....) 

I SINCERELY SAY THANK YOU AND I HOPE YOU ALL CONTINUE TO LOOK FORWARD TO THE UPCOMING CHAPTERS.

 

long authors note...

 

anyways...CYA NEXT TIME (hopefully soon!)

ShadowKnight Out