Chapter 3

The Double Sided Life I Live

It was at that moment someone barged into the washroom and yelled my name.

 

“__________-SHI!!!!!!!”

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

I was caught by surprise.

 

I quickly turned my head around only to be greeted with an aging man who was holding my picture and a pen.

 

“Oh my gosh! Hi ________-shi! I am Park Dae Yong! I absolutely cannot believe that I am meeting you at last! I am your BIGGEST FAN!” The mystery man rambled with overwhelming excitement, eyes lighting up.

 

“Oh… Uh… Hi! Nice to meet you!” I replied after a pause with an awkward smile. “I don’t want to be rude, but can we continue this conversation outside? This is a women’s washroom after all-”

 

“NO! I mean no, I can’t do that! The volunteer director will surely kick me off the volunteer team if he catches me slacking off again. I’ve been waiting for so long to have a chance to talk to you personally. Watching you rehearse was amazing! You are so PERFECT!” He said quickly as his face turned an interesting pink shade in embarrassment.

 

Oh great...a sasaeng fan… I need to get back to rehearsals, but how am I going to get away?

 

Quickly collecting myself, I flashed him a sincere smile. “Thank you!I don’t mean to rush you, but did you want my autograph and picture with me? I need to get back to rehearsals as soon as possible, I need to make sure the concert will be awesome for you and your fellow SONES.”

 

“OH MY GOSH! Yes! Please sign this and take a picture with me!” Dae Yong said energetically as he forced the pen and picture onto my hand as he got his camera ready for the picture.

 

I hastily signed the photo and wrote a quick message for him. I was pretty sure signing for fans like that was disallowed but if that was my ticket to get back to rehearsal, why not. After giving it back I quickly fixed my appearance to try and look presentable for the photo he wanted to take.

 

Holding a little peace sign and showing a toothy smile, I took a picture with him.

 

“Thank you for volunteering and supporting us! I hope you look forward to the concert!” I said as I bowed.

 

Dae Yong stood there looking at the photo and then he frowned slightly.

 

“WAIT! ________-shi!” He almost yelled.

 

“Yes? Daeyong-shi?”

 

“I doubt my friends would believe that I actually met you… They always think that I am too obsessed over you everytime I show them a picture I photoshopped of you and me. They won’t believe me this time… I am sure of it. They may even say that I printed out your autograph… I must make them believe that I met you.”

 

He paused for a while, probably thinking about what he would do to prove to his friends that we actually met. “AH-HA! I know!” He muttered as he reached to his back to pull out something that glinted and the beginnings of dread crept into me.

 

“Can I have a lock of your hair?”

 

IUASHDFLUIASJHDF WHAT DID HE JUST SAY?!

 

“W-W-What?!” I stuttered.

 

This was the first time I encountered a fan like this, this is getting scary.

 

He pulled out scissors from his back and continued with a grin, almost muttering absent-mindedly. “Yeah! My friends would surely believe me if I held a lock of your hair to present to them. Good thing I still have the scissors from cutting tape to hold up banners.”

 

I slowly backed away as he slowly walked towards me. With every step I take backwards, he walked forward, only loomed closer.

 

“This is going a little too far, don’t you think? How about we take a video of our meeting instead? And I can tell your friends that I am actually here with you.” I suggested in an attempt to deter the man.

 

“No, no, no… This is the only way” He said in a rather creepy way.

 

I continue to back away from him until my back touched the wall

 

This guy is seriously giving me the creeps. Since there is no one here, I guess I have no choice but to reveal myself… I don’t want to cut of a precious lock of my hair… Not only would that ruin my hairstyle and also how would I explain it to the members. I mean… EWWW.

 

He walked closer and closer with the pair of scissors, tentative yet anticipating.

 

I took a slight step forward and crouched into my “fight” ready stance.

 

Just as he was reaching for my head, I grabbed his wrist, swung my leg around him and kicked him from behind just slightly below his knee.

 

He fell to one knee.

 

Using this opportunity, I took the scissors from him and tossed it to a far corner of the washroom. After throwing the scissors away, I approached Dae Yong cautiously and he was just about to get up, I jabbed at the pressure pointed on his neck causing him to fall forwards, unconscious.


 

“What a creep” I mumbled to myself as crouched down beside him and poked his unconscious body.

 

How am I going to explain this? OMG...DID ANYONE HEAR THE RUCKUS I CAUSED???

 

Realizing the possibility of letting my cover slip, I immediately got up and ran toward the bathroom exit.

 

Taking a peek outside, I saw manager oppa’s back as he was bustling towards the stage area.

 

“Manager Oppa!” I whispered as loudly as possible.

 

He turned around and I motioned for him to walk over.

 

“What is it?”

 

I opened the door fully, revealing the body faced down on the floor.

 

“OMO! IS-” I quickly brought up my hand to cover his mouth.

 

“Quiet!” I whispered to him as I turned my head to check if anyone was nearby.

 

“No, hes not dead, I just knocked him out. He was trying to cut some of my hair off as proof of meeting me. He’s just some sasaeng fan who managed to become part of the volunteer staff for this concert.” I explained to our manager as I pushed him into the washroom and closed the door behind us securely.

 

“Oh gosh, I’ll talk to the staff about this after we get out… But how are we going to explain this little situation right here?” “ Manager oppa said with his arms crossed and foot lightly tapping the ground.

 

Hmm… This will be rather difficult

 

“Ah-ha!” I snapped my fingers as a little imaginary light bulb lit up on top of my head.

 

“You go outside, and pretend to walk pass this washroom, and I’ll scream and attract the attention of anyone nearby. Then you quickly rush in the washroom and pretend that you did this, and I’ll act like some helpless victim in the corner! Its the perfect cover story!” I said as I smiled at my genius idea.

 

Manager oppa looked at me, unamused.

 

“You think that they will believe that I did THIS?” He said in a mocking tone laced with disbelief.

 

“Umm… Just say that it was the adrenaline kicking in and the use of some karate that you learnt when you were young.” I shrugged my shoulders.

 

“Fine… Lets hope they buy it” Manager oppa sighed wearily as he walked out.

 

I opened the door just a crack and saw Manager oppa give me a thumbs up a little distance away from the washroom door.

 

Here goes nothing!

 

“AHHH!” I screamed, trying to imitate Sica’s infamous dolphin screech.

 

And just as I instructed, Manager oppa rushed in stood in some fight ready stance as I ran over to the corner, crouched down, shivered and forced some tears to come out of my eyes.

 

Soon, everyone came rushing into the washroom to see what the commotion was about.

 

Everyone gasped and many fingers were pointed towards the body as people were busy trying to guess what happened.

 

The girls stood speechless as they were standing at the front of the crowd.

 

Manager oppa stood up and dusted off his clothing.

 

“Are you okay?” Manager oppa said as he acted serious

 

The girls immediately rushed over and patted my back as I put my face into my hands and pretended to cry.

 

“What happened?” Sunny asked Manager oppa quickly

 

“I don’t know? I just ran in a saw the man approach our maknae and it seemed like he would do her harm and so my adrenaline kicked in and my old fighting instincts took over. I can’t let anything happen to you girls.” Manager oppa said calmly in a protective manner. “Don’t worry, he’s not dead, I just knocked him out”

 

Hahahaha, trying to earn some points for being cool? I thought to myself as I continued to fake my crying.

 

The light pats on the back stopped as I felt myself being pulled into a warm protective embrace.

 

“Its okay now, its over. Calm down, I’m here” Jessica cooed as she rubbed my back in comfort and continued to hug me

 

I lowered the intensity of my acting and started to compose myself but added a few additional sniffs and whimpers.

 

“Guys, I think we need to clear this little cramped washroom. Get security to deal with this man. You guys head to the van, I think this is enough for today. A lot has happened and I think you guys really need some rest. I’ll talk to the staff of this concert before joining you guys at the van.” Manager oppa firmly instructed.

 

Everyone left the washroom and the girls helped me get up and slowly guided me out of the washrooms and in the direction of the vans.

 

“Sica, Fany, Sunny and the maknae can go to the vans, the rest of us will pack our stuff and meet you guys in a bit.” Taeyeon said calmly.

 

Sica nodded and proceeded to walk and guide me to the parking lot with me still in her embrace.

 

-------------------------

 

It was quiet throughout the ride back to our japanese dorm.

 

I stopped with the sniffling and whimpering and just stayed silent while looking out the window.

 

The atmosphere in the van was tense.

 

I knew that Jessica was sneaking glances at me every once in a while to check if I was okay.

 

I wanted to tell her that I was actually fine and never better, even though the sasaeng fan was a little startling.

 

We reached the dorm about half an hour later and right when we got home, I headed straight for my room and closed the door.

 

I could hear the concerned whispers of my unnies in the living room as I plopped myself onto my bed.

 

How long do I have to keep this up? I pondered upon this thought

 

Oppa was right though, it has been a long day. The airport incident and now the sasaeng fan. I better report to Soo Man ajusshi as soon as possible, but how can I do that with the girls’ watchful eyes? Surely they wouldn’t let me out alone to call anyone and I don’t have enough time to type up a report for Soo Man ajusshi if I am sharing a room with Fany. (roommate arrangements remain the same in Korea and Japan)

 

I sigh and turn myself over and yelled into my pillow with frustration.

 

I’ll go take a shower to de-stress I agreed with my own suggestion and gathered my pajamas and then headed to the washroom.

 

As soon as I stepped out of my room, I looked towards the living room.

 

The chatter among the members stopped as soon as I closed my room door, and they all turned their heads and stared at me.

 

“I’m going to take a shower.”  I said after a tense silence as I walked into the washroom and closed the door. After the door shut, I leaned against the door and slumped down.

 

What’s with today? Why are so many things happening? How come I could not identify the man earlier before the sudden encounter in the washroom? What happened to all the search and observe skills I learnt from my mentor? What if the sasaeng fan was not after me today? What if it happens again to another member? They could easily of been hurt or attacked!

 

Thoughts flooded my mind as I stared at the washroom ceiling.

 

“Maknae ah… Are you okay? The washroom has been awfully quiet for a while now.” The concerned voice of Jessica broke my train of thought.

 

“Yea, I’m fine. I was just removing my makeup…”

 

That was SUCH A TERRIBLE LIE. You know that you never take so long in the washroom

 

I guess Sica assumed that I was still in shock about what happened today and sensed that I didn’t want to talk about it so she simply replied with a “Okay.” and left the door.


Finally being brought back from my little world of insecurity, I prepared myself and took my well-deserved shower.

 

_________________________________________________________________________

 

Okay, so heres the 3rd Chapter!!!

I hope you guys liked it ~~

And i was nice this time by not adding a cliffy at the end.....so yea.......

 

I just wanna share something with you guys....kekekekekekeke.......tho its not really important....heeheehee

 

ITS MY BIRTHDAY ON MONDAY!!!!!! DECEMBER 9th~~~~~ YERRRRRRR  [lucky number 9~~~~]

-throws a party and confetti-

Its also the same day that "Prime Minister and I" airs!!

I AM SO EXCITEDDDDDDDDDDDD

 

so yea.......

anyways... Comments are EXTREMELY appreciated, subscriptions and upvotes would be AWESOME as well...

(I would like some feedback on how im doing with the story ^o^ )

 

hahahaha...so...until next time!!!!

-bows-

-ShadowKnight Out-