Chapter 9 (A/N at the bottom, plz read)

The Double Sided Life I Live

“___________, WHAT IS THIS?!” Tiffany yelled at you as the others simply turned their heads to stare at you with a mix of shock, concern and unamusement on their faces,

 

You gulped and slowly backed up.

 

“Well……..you see……”

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

"Hahaha...well you see..." you said as you scratched your head and slowly backed away from all the deadly stares and looks of concern.

 

"Yes? We are waiting _______" Jessica said as she folded her arms and stared intently at you waiting for an answer.

 

If looks could kill.... you thought to yourself as you backed away. I would most definitely be dead.

 

Your back reached the wall and you pressed yourself right up against it.

 

Your 8 sisters didn't seem to have moved from their positions right outside the door, so you took the opportunity to turn towards the kitchen and start to run.

 

DAMMIT....I can't think of a good excuse, better run for n- Your thoughts were interrupted by the enormous overwhelming pain you felt from your side to your stomach area.

 

"UGH" You accidently groaned out loud as you held your side while trying to run into the washroom.

 

Holding your pain until reaching the washroom you immediately slammed the door and locked it.

 

Seconds later, you hear intense banging on the washroom door that sounded like a bunch of zombies trying to get at the last food source on the earth ... you.

 

"________! Open this door right now and explain yourself" You hear the leader yell through the door in a sharp tone.

 

"What happened, are you okay?" Yoona and Yuri both said simultaneously.

 

"Maknae ah, go to the hospital and get a check up! We cannot have the wound infected!" Seohyun voices out.

 

"_________, you better have a good explanation for this" Tiffany said with a firm yet gentle tone.

 

"What trouble did you get into? Who did this to you?! How is your wound?" You hear Hyoyeon, Sunny and Sooyoung ask one after another.

 

Then lastly, you hear a soft voice that seemed to reach your ears the clearest.

 

"________, can you please come out? We are worried, I am worried. Can you please explain yourself? I promise that I won't get mad." Jessica's voice floated through the door and reached your ears.

 

You sigh and looked at yourself in the mirror while supporting yourself with the washroom table.

 

What should I do....This is not good, I don't have my phone so I can't call the manager. What kind of excuse can get me out of this?!

 

You lifted your shirt and looked at the wound.

 

The stitches had gotten a little loose, but otherwise still fine.

 

It was the blood that was seeping through the wound creating a steady stream of blood that was just about to reach the hem of your pants.

 

You quickly reach for some toilet paper and immediately wiped the blood. Then you opened the drawers and reached for a bottle of alcohol and cotton balls.

 

Dabbing the cotton balls in alcohol, you slowly wipe the wound.

 

The wound didn't sting because your mind was too busy trying to figure out a valid lie about the bloody tank top and surprise wound you got by your midriff.

 

"I-I-I'll be out in a second, can you please just give me some time?" You yelled towards the door in fear of the girls breaking the door with the constant banging.

 

The banging ceased.

 

"We aren't going anywhere until you open the door." The girls said in unision.

 

Finishing up with cleaning of the blood, you threw away the bloody cotton balls into the depths of the trashcan and even put some pretend dirty tissues to cover them up.

 

Taking one last look at yourself in the mirror, you took a deep breath before going over the stupid lie you made.

 

A minute later, you decided that you were ready and walked toward the door.

 

Putting a hand on the handle, you carefully scanned the washroom for any evidence of blood.

 

Slowly, you turned the the lock and then opened the door.

 

Your eyes were glued to the floor, unable to meet the eyes of your sisters.

 

Some feet were tapping impatiently, and some had silly socks on that allowed for you to find some comfort, even if momentarily.

 

"________" Jessica called out.

 

You slowly raised your head but stopping short of making eye contact.

 

Jessica moved closer and put both her hands on the sides of your face, she then tilted your head forcing you to make eye contact with her.

 

You expected a pair of unamused and angry eyes, but instead you see a pair of eyes that seemed to assure you that everything was alright and were just happy to know that you were alright.

 

"Tell me what happened" Jessica said softly, almost whispering.

 

"Can I get changed first?" you asked while giving her a guilty sad look like puppies have when they know they had done something wrong.

 

"Fine, but one of us will have to go with you, so you don't lock the door again." Taeyeon said behind you.

 

"I'll go" Tiffany said as she took your hand and started to walk in the direction of your shared room.

 

"The rest of us will be by the couches waiting for you while you get changed. But after that, no more excuses, you are explaining yourself"." Taeyeon spoke with power.

 

The other nodded in agreement.

 

Reaching the room, Tiffany closed the door and leaned against it like a bouncer guarding a club entrance.

 

Sighing for the umteenth time, you walked to your closet and picked out a normal plain black t-shirt hoping to make blood less visible if you ever started to bleed again.

 

Pulling your current slightly stained t-shirt over your head, Tiffany gasped and you sensed that she saw your stitches.

 

"Oh my gosh" You hear Tiffany whisper to herself.

 

Quickly, you put on the t-shirt and furrowed your eyebrows a bit when you felt a little sting when stressing your wound.

 

Picking up the 2 stained articles of clothing, you walked back towards Tiffany and motioned for her to open the door.

 

Opening the door, Tiffany waited for you to walk first and then followed behind you, making sure that you could not turn around run into another room and lock the door.

 

Throwing the clothes into the laundry basket, the both of you proceeded to the couches.

 

Upon arrival to the couches, you feel the watchful eyes of 9 people.

 

“_____, could you please explain yourself? We really are worried. We won’t get angry so please don’t run away.” Jessica spoke out softly.

 

Unable to think of an excuse, you decided to tell them a partial truth to escape the dangerous scenario.

 

“Okay,I just got in a little accident because I was not careful. Its nothing too big so you guys don’t need to worry about it.” You said in the best tone possible, trying to make sure the other 9 people do not misinterpret your explanation through the tone of your voice.

 

“Nothing TOO big?!” Taeyeon began

 

You winced slightly due to her sudden outburst.

 

“Are you kidding me? I guess you don’t think its too big becuase you dont see if from our eyes. ________, the cut on your side is FREAKING HUGE! not to mention, it was bleeding!”

 

You kept your head down until she finished her little rant.

 

After a few minutes of silence, you still kept your head down.

 

Speculating that Jessica has sensed your discomfort upon the topic and the unmerciful eyes of Taeyeon (not to mention the other 7 concerned eyes), Jessica spoke up in a gentle manner again.

 

“We all agreed that it looked pretty bad, but I really don’t think we should grill our maknae about what happened. There must be a reason for her keeping it a secret from us and honestly, I think she looks a little uncomfortable about talking about it. It’s not that I’m not curious about what happened, its just that I trust our maknae to come to us about it later. Shes not the kind of person who would keep secrets from us for a long time anyways. She had always been very reasonable with her actions, so I think we should respect her this time and just wait patiently.”

 

Jessica finished her speech and looked at you.

 

You raised her head to meet her eyes and gave her a small “thank you” smile.

 

It was then when she looked straight at you and said…

 

“That doesn’t mean that I forgive you from withholding such an important injury from me”

 

Her eyes stared right into your soul and you could feel the ice freezing your thoughts.

 

“I’m sorry” you whispered out with a defeated look on your face as you lowered your head to look at the ground again.

 

Soft footsteps could be heard and shadows got closer.

 

Then suddenly, you were engulfed in a warm group hug.

 

It was at times like these where you didnt care about the growing pain on your side, or the fact that the guilt of lying was eating you slowly.

 

It was at times like these where you were very thankful that you had a family like this.

 

A family that understood you, even though they did not understand everything.

 

A family that supports you, even though they don’t know about your true occupation.

 

A family that loves you, for everything you do, no matter what it is.

 

A family that is there for you, even though it was your job to be there for them.

 

~~~

 

Breaking the group hug, Seohyun broke the silence.

 

“Shouldn’t you go get that checked out? We can’t afford to get it infected”

 

“Yea, i got it fixed, I just can’t do anything strenuous or move around too much for the rest of the break. After that, I will be as good as new! I heal pretty fast!” You replied with a small reassuring smile.

 

You looked back at the other 9 people in the room as they all looked like they were going to say something.

 

“OFF TO BED THEN!” the 9 of them said together.

 

“Huh?” was the only reply that came out of your mouth and before their words had registered in your brain, you have already been lead into your room and positioned to sit on your bed.

 

“No objections young lady” Your roommate said as she stood by the foot of your bed with her arms crossed.

 

“Err...um….ok” you replied slowly as your body automatically laid down on the bed and pulled the covers over yourself.

 

Wow, my body is moving on its own….I guess thats its own way of saying that it needs rest You thought to yourself as you were amused at how Tiffany’s order had overridden your own.

 

“Yell if you need anything!” Sunny said as she started to push the others out of the room so you can get some rest.

 

“mmmm will do” you said quietly as you felt an overpower sense of drowsiness starting to overtake your body.

 

And within a minute, your mind had wandered off into the peaceful land of sleep relieved that the news of your injury was now known to your sisters, and that you did not have to worry about keeping it from them anymore.


 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Authors Note (PLZ READ)

 

Okay, so here is the chapter….

It is actually shorter than I wanted it to be because I cut some stuff off since the guilt of not posting anything is starting to eat me.

 

I REALLY APOLOGIZE FOR THE DELAY, but I am kinda going through some really tough situations in my life.

In short, I will admit, I am really going through a tough stage of depression and I’m trying my best to slowly work through it.

 

I will say, I am still writing, and this fic will still go on...but the updates will be really spaced apart….. School work and other stuff are really starting to take its toll on me…

 

So i apologize and hope that you will still bare with me with this fic and the slow updates.

 

If there is anything that you are unclear of, feel free to message me and I will try to get back to you as soon as I can.

 

But in any case, I hope you enjoyed the chapter and I hope that you can leave a comment below!!

 

Sorry and Thank you!

 

Hope to see you all soon again,

    -ShadowKnight-