Chapter 5

The Double Sided Life I Live

After changing into my PJs, I went into our room again and as soon as placed the blanket over my body, I instantly fell asleep.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

The next day arrived faster than I had thought.

 

All the girls were ready to head to the airport and back home where they could finally enjoy their hard-earned 5-day vacation.

 

Arriving at Incheon International Airport, the girls were instantly surrounded by paparazzi and fans, shoved from all sides and since we didn’t want to have the same accident happen again, SM made sure to double security as soon as we landed.

 

I felt sorry for our fans who tried so hard to come here to see us only to be blocked by security. The dejected expressions of some young fans who had come to catch only a mere glimpse of us caused a pang in my heart.

 

I could hear fans screaming our names and some of the fans even asked if we were okay thinking that we might still be in shock from the airport incident and even from the little drama from rehearsals.

 

Hearing that, it got me thinking How did our fans get to know about the sasaeng fan at rehearsals? Amazing what fans can do these days. I wonder if they’ll manage to find out about my identity one day.

 

Walking through the airport was easier this time mainly because the fans seemed to be very cooperative in letting us get to the vans. Their care and concern brought an uncharacteristic smile to my lips,

 

I guess they want to make us feel comfortable and safe. Thinking of this, I felt so touched by our fans.

 

After getting into the vans, we headed straight for the dorms.

 

“Maknae, Mr.SM wants to see you.” Manager oppa told me as he was driving the van, eyes not leaving the road.

 

“Does it have to be today? We just got back from Japan and I’m sure our little one would like some rest.” Taeng said as she pulled down her headphones. Her eyebrows furrowed into a frown.

 

“It’s fine, I’ll go see him today. I was sure that he needed to talk to me anyways.” I said nonchalantly.

 

“Want me to go with you?” Sica asked softly beside me.

 

“It’s okay, I can handle it.” I said smiling reassuringly.

 

“Okay, I’ll drop off the girls at the dorms then drive you over to the company then.” Manager oppa said as he continued to drive.

 

After that conversation, the girls fell unusually quiet. The atmosphere was strange.

 

I could sense that the girls may still be worried for me since I was probably going to see Soo Man about the 2 accidents.

 

At least I don’t have to type up a report thinking about that, I celebrated mentally.

 

Writing reports were a pain in the bum.

 

About 15 minutes later, we finally reached the dorms.

 

I got off the van to help the girls with our luggages before going with our manager back to the company.

 

“Oppa! Do I need to see Mr. SM too?” Taeng asked our manager as I helped Hyoyeon to push the last of the luggages inside our dorm.

 

“Nope, Mr. SM just needed to see _________.” Manager oppa replied calmly, “I guess ________ could fill in Mr. SM about what happened at the airport too.”

 

I raised an eyebrow.

 

“But, I was the victim at the airport! Are you sure that I don’t need to go?” Taeng retorted. It was almost as if she was begging the manager to bring her along as well.

 

“It’s fine unnie, I can go. I’ll be back soon and I’ll tell you what happened when I talked to Mr. SM.” I reassured Taeyeon unnie.

 

Taeyeon unnie nodded reluctantly but approvingly “Alright, just be back soon! We are gonna have a feast to celebrate the success of the concert!”

 

“Okay! Don’t start without me!” I said as I waved goodbye to the closing door of our dorm.

 

-In the van-

“Soo Man ajusshi probably wants a full detailed explanation about the 2 accidents eh?” I asked our manager.

 

“Yea, he ordered for your presence as soon as we touched down in the plane.”

 

“Well, I don’t blame him. The airport incident was rather alarming and disturbing, and the sasaeng fan one should not be taken lightly too.” I said with a frown on my face.

 

“Well, you are gonna have a lot of explaining to do.” Manager oppa said with a sigh

 

“I know… I am prepared.”

 

-SME building-

 

Upon arrival at the company I immediately rushed into the elevators and punched the button to get to the top floor.

 

As the elevator slowly inched its way up to the top floor,  I was busy coming up with security plans for the next time we go to the airport.

 

*DING* The elevator stopped and opened the doors.

 

I walked straight to the secretary’s area.

 

The secretary looked at me and before I could say a word, she told me “He has been expecting you.”

 

I nodded and proceeded to walk right into the office.

 

As soon as I walked in, I saw Soo Man’s back as he was facing the windows.

 

After I closed the doors, he began to talk with his back still facing me.

 

“The airport couldn’t get a clear picture of the man and as for the sasaeng fan, we are still dealing with the volunteer staff coordinator.”

 

“I understand.”

 

“Now, tell me what happened in the airport and rehearsals with full details, I need to know.” He said gravely as he walked over to the couches and motioned for me to sit down in front of him.

 

And so, I began to tell him the stories.

 

His expression darkened as the story progressed, and every now and then a sigh could be heard.

 

“And that’s what happened.” I said as I concluded the story telling.

 

“I can’t believe we almost got the girls hurt even though we had received a warning. We really need to be more careful now. Especially now that the girls are on break, who knows what could happen!” Soo Man said as he rubbed his temples in frustration.

 

“About that sir, I confirmed with the girls that they are staying the dorm for the break, but I am planning to go back to visit my mentor. I am hoping you would allow for me to go. Perhaps I could ask my mentor if there are any ways we can find the man from the airport and if there were any extra security plans we could help come up with” I persuaded Soo Man.

 

Soo Man’s looked at me in contemplation.

 

“I … “ he sounded hesitant “shall let you go, but I cannot allow for you to be gone for the whole 5 days, I need you to be back on the 4th day, I’ll throw in an extra day for break since I need to see you to discuss further actions. That way, you can go for 4 days, but will spend the last 2 days here, understand?”

 

“Thank you sir.” I said as I got up and bowed.

 

“You may go now.” He said as made his way to his desk to continue his paperwork.

 

And so I left his office.

 

Walking back into the lobby, I was greeted with the sight our manager who was flirting with the receptionist. He saw me and hastily straightened up, bidding the receptionist goodbye and walked towards me.

 

“How was it? Was he extremely worried? What are we going to do?” Manager oppa asked quickly as we walked to the van.

 

“First, it was fine. Second, he was worried but he is confident that we are able to catch the guy. And third, he is allowing me to go see my mentor so I am able to brush up on my skills and perhaps even ask him for some help with future security precautions.”

 

“Oh, okay.” Manager oppa said as he nodded in agreement.

 

“Which means that I need you to drive me to Jeju after I get to the dorms to pack my things.”

 

“Alright, call me when you are finished packing. I assume that the feast you guys are having will take a long time, so yeah… just call when you guys are done.”

 

I nodded in response.

 

A while later, I finally arrived back at the dorm.

 

And before I could even ring the doorbell, the door was opened and I was engulfed in a hug.

 

“Ummmm…hi?” I mumbled in shock..

 

“Did Soo Man ajusshi ask many questions? Did he make you re-tell the incidents? Are you okay?”

 

I was overwhelmed by the questions from the girls and the sudden surprise hug so all that came out of my mouth was silence.

 

It took a few seconds for my brain to start working again and I looked at the girls who seemed to have a worried frown growing on their faces with each passing second.

 

“It was fine.” I said with a smile on my face to reassure the girls. “Now, didn’t someone mention a feast?”

 

“YEAH~ LETS EAT!” The shikshin duo yelled joyfully as they ran over to the dinner table.

 

From that moment on, the dorm was filled with laughter and smiles.

 

During our little celebration, I took some time to observe my family.

 

Their laughter and smiles warmed my heart, fueling me to work harder in the future to protect them.

 

I will protect them until my very last breath This thought ran through my head and I unconsciously smiled.

 

I also thought back to the times we had when we were trainees.

 

Comforting each other when we felt that life was stressful, helping each other when one of us couldn’t get something right… And who could forget the times where we celebrated each other’s birthday and the times where we would prank our trainer.

 

I chuckled as I reminisced in the memories.

 

I didn’t realize that I was in my own world again until I heard someone call my name.

 

“_______-ah~” Sica gently nudged me.

 

I turned my head to look at her.

 

“What were you thinking about? You were smiling and chuckling to yourself.”

 

I gave her a warm smile “I was just thinking about how lucky I am to have a family like this.”

 

After that last statement, I sensed that the chattering had suddenly stopped. The rest of the girls turned their heads and looked at me.

 

“AWWWWW OUR LITTLE ONE IS SO CUTE.” the girls teased in sync

 

I blushed and looked down.

 

“Well, we are lucky to have you in our family.” Taeyeon said with an extremely caring tone.

 

“Let us have a toast to family then.” Seohyun suggested as she raised her cup of pop.

 

“TO FAMILY!” we all said in unison as we raised our cups of pop to each other.

 

I smiled then appeared on my face and remained there for the rest of the little celebration.

 

The “party” went on for an hour more before the girls actually started to clean up.

 

I was going to offer to help clean, but the girls convinced me that I needed to pack for my trip to Jeju instead and I complied.

 

Packing only took half an hour and when I was finished, I called our manager to come pick me up.

 

I walked out of my room with my luggage.

 

“I’m gonna miss you” Sunny told me as she pulled me into a hug.

 

“Ya! We are ALL going to miss her…and stop hogging our little maknae, I want to hug her too.” Sooyoung scolded Sunny.

 

The girls’ ears seemed to be sensitive to the word “hug” because as soon as they heard the word, they all dropped what they were doing and joined Sooyoung in hugging me, turning it into a group hug.

 

“I’m going to miss you guys too. I’ll be back in 4 days, and you’ll be stuck with me from then on!” I grinned as I allow for the girls to strangle me with their hugs.

 

It took about 15 mins for our manager to get here and when he did, I bade the girls farewell again before hopping into the van and leaving.

 

On the road, I pulled out my phone and texted Sica

 

To: Ice Princess

From: ___________

 

I’ll text you guys as often as I can! :P

 

.

-After boat ride and arriving at Jeju-

 

Home sweet home I said to myself in my head as I pulled my luggage with me to wave a taxi.

 

I was careful to disguise myself so fans would not notice me.

 

This place really hasn’t changed much. Everything is exactly as I remembered it. I thought to myself as I looked out the window.

 

The drive was short and I arrived at my mentor’s mansion in 10 minutes.

 

I paid the taxi driver and gave him my autograph as he was able to recognize me when I got into the taxi. I was thankful that he was an honest driver and did not kidnap me… not that he would win in a fight anyway…

 

I walked up to the mansion and stood at the doorstep.

 

My mentor was wealthy, I’ll admit that. But I never knew how he was able to earn so much. From all I knew, he only had one student, and that was me. I found it strange that he only taught one student. I asked him if he had taught anyone before me and all he told me was that he taught my parents some self defense, and that it was the reason he was willing to take me in when he heard of the unfortunate accident.

 

He was a harsh teacher, but I knew that he was only harsh because it was for my own good. It was hard when I was a trainee… juggling school with training at the company and here. I was glad that my mentor owned a little studio in Seoul near the company, that way I didn’t have to travel back and forth… not to mention that it was impossible. Well, anyways… back to where I was…

 

I checked my surroundings for any fans that may have recognized me before ringing the doorbell at the mansion.

 

A few seconds later, the door lock clicked signaling me that the door was not unlocked.

 

It truly is nice to be home I thought to myself as I walked into the mansion.

 

I put down the luggage beside me on the inner doormat and began to untie my shoes.

 

And as soon as I stood back up after removing my shoes, I noticed something flying towards my head at top speed.

 

“Think fast!”



___________________________________________________________________

 

Okay that was Chapter 5, and before you guys say anything, I apologize for the missing action. Chapter 5 seemed to have gone longer than i expected....but i managed to end with a cliffy :)

So.....yea....Chapter 6 will have some totally cliche action cuz i srsly dont have an imagination.

But yea......Im actually updating earlier this time ...heeheeeheeehee

Anyways...im off to write chapter 6 now~~~

Subscribe, upvote and PLZ COMMENT......comments srsly make my day ;)

 

Until next time!!!

-ShadowKnight Out-

P.S. Thanks for supporting me this far!!!! I wuld give you all hugs...but i don't like hugs....so yea......... -awkwardly backs away and fades into the background-