Chapter 8 (Hi! I'm back!)

The Double Sided Life I Live

“YOU WILL NOT DESTROY MY HOME AND HARM MY STUDENT. FOR THAT YOU WILL PAY!”

 

A sudden calming cool washed over you.

 

It was comforting.

 

You flipped yourself onto your back and kept pressure on your cut as your let the comforting coldness engulf you.

 

“____! Hang in there! You’ll be okay. Just rest.” You heard the same powerful voice calmly whispering to you before you let your eyes close and allow for yourself to melt into the coolness.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Random little bumps on the road shook your body and caused you to wake up.

 

Wait....a road?

 

You immediately woke up just to be overwhelmed with nausea as your body rocks back and forth.

 

What? Where am I?

 

Sitting right up, you looked around trying to figure out where you were.

 

“Oh, you finally woke up?” A familiar voice rang through your ears.

 

“M-m-manager?” You stuttered as you were finally able to grasp where you were and what was happening.

 

“We are almost at the dorms, try not to make any sudden movements, I don’t need to see any blood stains in this car” He told you as he noticed you trying to sit up slowly.

 

A sharp pain shot up from your stomach and you gasped.

 

“Or just don’t move at all” He chuckled at the sight. “You had me worried to death when your mentor told me to pick you up immediately in the morning, I was even more worried when I saw the state you were in.”

 

You laid back down onto the seat and turned your head to look at you manager staring seriously at the road.

“I don’t know what you have been through that night or what happened, but you have to be really careful about that stomach wound. I haven’t been able to see it, but judging from your mentor’s protectiveness and tone, it must be pretty bad.”

 

You sighed and turned your head to look back up at the ceiling of the van, “how many people know about this?” you asked quietly.

 

“Well, your mentor phoned SooMan about it, so you don’t have to worry about that, but other than him, only you,me, your mentor and SooMan knows.”

 

“Can we keep this a secret from the girls?”

 

“Thats gonna be really hard to do considering how you look right now, they are bound to ask questions the moment they lay eyes on you.”

 

“Do I really look that bad?” you chuckled a little but immediately held your stomach due to the sharp stings you were feeling from the wound. “Well, I guess I just answered my question”

 

The ride continued on in silence for the next minute.

 

Then your manager spoke again. “Please be careful ______, you have no idea how scared and shocked Mr.SM, I and your mentor were.”

 

You turned your head to look at your manager as you heard this small wavering voice.

 

“You have a family, _______, remember that.” He said.

 

You didn’t reply.

 

That is exactly why I did what I did, and even if I went back in time and could do things differently, I would still do the exact same thing You thought to yourself as the managers last words echoed in your head.

 

After about another 5 minutes, The van came to a stop and your manager declared that you were home.

 

He carefully and slowly helped you out of the car, and then ran to the back to get your luggage as he told you to stay put and not go anywhere.

 

It felt strange to stand up right. Your stomach stung and you felt slightly dizzy. However, the most disturbing feeling that you felt was that you felt weak.

 

“Okay, I got your stuff, are you able to walk to the elevator yourself? If not, Ill carry half your luggage as I help you to the elevator and then come back for the other half in a bit.” He looked at you with concern painted all over his face.

 

“Nah, I’m good. I am stronger that I look.” You give your manager a small smile then started to walk towards the elevators.

 

Ugh, this pain is growing and I feel like crap. But I gotta look strong, I can’t have the manager worrying...no, I can’t have anyone worry like that anymore.

 

After getting into the elevator and reaching the 9th floor of the building, you stepped out and waited for your manager to step out of the elevator along with all your belongings.

 

You leaned against the wall and held your stomach as you took deep breaths.

 

“Are you sure you’re okay? You really don’t look too good.” Manager oppa looked at you and held your shoulder steadying you.

 

You gave him a small smile before replying “Its okay, just a little bothered by the pain, I’ll make up a lie and tell the girls that I’m just really exhausted and that the mentor had something urgent to deal with so I came home early”

 

With determination, you put on your best “normal” look and walked to the door.

 

Your manager sighed and let you go as you walked.

 

~~~

 

Unlocking the dorm door, you were greeted with squeals and then you were suddenly knocked down by a hug from the resident ice princess.

 

Your mind screamed and the pain was overwhelming, but you maintained your composure and hugged her back gently.

 

Manager oppa had a really shocked expression on his face before coughing, which seemed to gather everyone’s attention.

 

“Girls, your little maknae is back since her mentor had something urgent to attend to. She’s a little exhausted so why don’t you guys let her get some sleep and help her with her luggage before partying like a bunch of little kids.” your manager said as he looked at you upon saying the last sentence.

 

You met his gaze and returned a thankful smile.

 

“ALRIGHTTTTTTTT” the 9 girls said in unison before rushing to you and helping you with all your stuff.

 

And after about 15 minutes of settling down, you broke all the reunion conversations and told the girls that you wanted to get some sleep. in which they all quickly agreed to.

 

“Sleep tight little one!” your sisters all hollered before you closed the door, locked it and then collapsed from the pain.

 

This is not good. I’m sure the warm sticky feeling by my stomach is not sweat. GAWD, this wound is not to be taken lightly. You thought to yourself as you curled up on the ground holding your stomach as your head rested on the floor.

 

Gotta get the bandages changed NOWWWWW

 

You slowly undressed and only stopped to sigh and groan a bit when you saw your tank-top stained with a large growing blotch by your stomach.

 

Slowly you removed your tank-top only to facepalm yourself when you took a good look at the wound.

 

It was steadily bleeding and a few of the many stitches along the cut had gotten undone.

 

Sighing again, you went to your secret drawing concealed in the wall and pulled out a surgical needle and string.

 

Slowly and steadily, you began to stitch close your open wound.

 

Once finished, you went into your bag and pulled out a roll of gauze to wrap around your stomach.

 

After about 10 minutes, you finally got yourself patched up and changed into a pair of pajamas. Throwing away the bloody tank-top and putting away the surgical needle and gauze, you were about to get into bed before noticing a little white envelope sticking out of your bag.

 

You grabbed it and opened it to reveal a letter addressed to you in your mentor’s writing.

 

Dear ________,

 

    I am writing this to you to apologize for what had happened to you when you came over to visit me on your short break. It was meant to be a peaceful break yet you ended up getting hurt. Believe me when I say that I will definitely get to the bottom of this before they find out who you are. That is why, I am forbidding you from contacting me within the next few days….or weeks….or months. Don’t try to contact me for I will be cutting you off for the time being. When it is safe and the time is right, I will be the one to look for you. In the mean time, please take care and be cautious. Take extra precautions and take care of your wound. Heal as soon as you can and go back to protecting those you love, for I do now know how much of you the enemy knows or how much time until the next strike.

 

Take care little one.

                                    Love,

                                    Your mentor / Uncle


 

Upon finishing the letter, you crumpled it into a ball and shoved it into the depths of your bag.

 

WHY! WHAT! HOW COULD YOU DO THAT. This won’t solve anything. I need you the most right now Uncle… I need advice… you thought as lone tears slid down your face.

 

You laid onto your bed and curled into a ball with your blanket covering you.

 

Confused, angry and sad, your silent tears slid down your face as you closed your eyes.

 

However, those feelings did not last long as your consciousness slowly faded into the darkness.

 

~~~

 

“_______..._______, wake up”

 

You heard someone;s soft voice telling you to wake up.

 

“______, you need to wake up now, you need to eat something.”

 

There is the voice again… You thought.

 

“______, you seriously need to wake up, don’t steal my sleeping princess title from me”

 

You smiled as you came back into reality and opened your eyes.

 

“Finally, I tried to wake you up at least 7 times now.” Jessica pouted as she looked at you

 

“Sorry, I’m just really tired.” You said as you slowly sat up and rubbed your eyes.

 

Sighing, Jessica sat on your bed just behind you. “You haven’t eaten yet and its the afternoon, so get your lazy bum out of bed and to the kitchen where Taeyeon has made you some kimchi fried rice.”

 

“Yes ma’am” you said as you turned to salute her.

 

Rolling her eyes and getting off the bed, she turned to you and said “Welcome home ____” with a smile before walking out the door.

 

Smiling, you too also got out of bed and out of the room to head towards the kitchen following the great smell of Taeyeon’s famous kimchi fried rice.

 

~~~

The table was filled with laughter and the warmth of a family as you had your meal.

 

Your sisters talked about their secret shopping trip and the different kinds of food they had when they secretly went out… and of course, the lecture they got when another manager caught them sneaking out.

 

Halfway through, Tiffany got up and ran to your shared room to get a hat she bought you when you were away.

 

A few seconds after Tiffany ran into the room, a loud scream could be heard and everyone immediately dropped whatever they were holding and quickly made their way to your shared room to see what had happened.

 

You wound stung as you quickly made your way to see what the commotion was about.

 

Standing by the doorway and peering into the room, you suddenly froze.

 

Inside the room stood an extremely shocked and wide-eyed, jaw dropped Tiffany. With one arm holding onto a very unique snapback and the other arm suspended in mid air holding a bloody tank-top by the cleanest corner possible.

 

CRAP! I was sure I put/hid that away properly! How did she find it?! Dammit, I must of forgot to zip up my other bag. I AM IN SO MUCH TROUBLE. You mentally panicked until a sharp and loud voice pierced through your thoughts.

 

“___________, WHAT IS THIS?!” Tiffany yelled at you as the others simply turned their heads to stare at you with a mix of shock, concern and unamusement on their faces,

 

You gulped and slowly backed up.

 

“Well……..you see……”

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CLIFFY! MWAHAHAHAHHA

 

but anyways…. HIIIIIIII !!!! IM BACK ~~~ did you miss me? (probably not)

 

so yea…

 

Sorry for not updating in like…..centuries….Iv been extremely busy and I also got a job.

 

Life is stressfulllllllllll T_T

 

I’ll try to update again as soon as I can and I hope that you guys will continue to support this story as it progresses REALLY REALLY slowly… (im so sorry)

 

Please COMMENT, UPVOTE and click SUBSCRIBE if you havent :)

 

AAAAAND i hope to keep in touch with you guys so I made a kik account!

Personal message me if you wanna know my username and you can talk to me there, since I always have my phone with me!

 

I hope you all enjoyed this chapter and look forward to the next when it comes!

 

Heres a little teaser for the next chapter:

 

Some people are like stars...they may appear to be standing next to each other, but the actual distance between them could be so far that it is hard to measure.”

 

SO CYA LATER!!!!!!

or msg me!!!

 

-ShadowKnight Out-

 
P.S Thank you to all who are still with me on this story! You support is greatly appreciated!!!!!!!! You guys are truly the best !!!