Short Chapter 6 [Happy Birthday to our Kid Leader Taengoo!]

The Double Sided Life I Live

And as soon as I stood back up after removing my shoes, I noticed something flying towards my head at top speed.

 

“Think fast!”

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Instinct immediately took over my body and I arched backwards watching the flying projectile zoom above my face.

 

A knife… You thought to yourself as you watched it embed itself into the door behind you, stuck fast in the wood.

 

As you proceeded to stand back up, you grabbed the throwing knife out of the wall and then crouched into fight ready stance.

 

You sweeped your surroundings trying to locate the perpetrator, eyes scanning the area intensely.

 

“Hahaha, not bad.” You whipped your head in the direction of the voice and a shadow appeared. You were about to throw the knife back when you heard the voice exclaim, “Woah! Hold it, don’t throw… It’s me”

 

Your mentor stepped out of the shadows.

 

A large smile broke out on your face and you dropped the knife and ran towards him, arms wide, ready to hug your mentor.

 

Little bit of background about your mentor, he was the one who took care you when your parents died in a car crash. He was very strict upon self defense, as he believed that you should always know how to protect yourself if anything ever arises. It always struck you as weird how he was so protective over you, you knew that he was concerned of your well being, but sometimes it was kind of overboard. Sometimes, you caught him practicing a fighting stance that you had never seen, and every time you asked him about it, he would always evade. And soon, you just learnt to leave it alone, as you figured that he would tell him when it was the right time. In short, he raised you, and you love him like a father, and he loves you like a daughter.

 

Anyways, back to the story.

 

Your mentor stumbled back a bit as you literally flung yourself on him to give him a bear hug.

 

“Aigoo, ________-ah, you are no longer a child, you are much too heavy now.” He said as he returned the hug.

 

You immediately pushed him back and forced yourself out of his hug.

 

“Are you saying I’m FAT?!” You said calmly as you gritted your teeth, emphasizing the last word.

 

Your mentor seemed to have sensed that he had said something wrong and had angered you, he took a step back and put on a really weak smile as his face paled.

 

The people who lived in the house knew that you were one that should not be angered.

 

They all believed that you were the one true ice princess that should NEVER be angered or trifled with.

 

Seeing the defeat in your mentor’s eyes, you smirked and pulled in him for another hug.

 

“I missed you.” You told him quietly.

 

“I did too, its great to have you back.”

 

The next few hours were spent unpacking and catching-up.

 

After all that was finished, you immediately briefed him on the situation at SME.

 

As you were telling the story, your mentor kept a calm unmoving face that only nodded once in a while.

 

“Hmm, I understand the situation now, but since it is late now, rest and we shall talk about what we can do tomorrow” He said as he got up and left the room.

 

Hearing the door close, you sigh and walked over to the window of your room.

 

What would you do in my situation? Mom...Dad? Can you tell me?

 

After a while of staring out the window in deep thought, you were finally able to peel your eyes away from the window and took a look around the room that you have not seen in many many years.

 

Nothing has changed at all, mentor must have kept everything clean all these years. You thought as you smiled to yourself.

 

“It really is getting late, I better get ready to go to sleep… There is much to do tomorrow.” You muttered as you glanced out the window and looked at the dark sky.

 

Walking over to your now neatly organized closet, you pulled out your PJs and took your shower before heading to bed.

 

-The Next Morning-

 

Waking up after a really long and good night sleep felt amazing as you stretched your body and rolled around in bed.

 

If anyone saw you now, they would questions your identity and age, but then again people in this house have already known you very well and for a very long time.

 

After getting yourself refreshed and organized, you walked downstairs to the kitchen to grab some breakfast.

 

As you walked downstairs, you realized that the mansion seemed rather quiet.

 

A little too quiet…

 

You slowed down your movement and continued to walk towards the kitchen while sweeping your surrounding continuously.

 

Suddenly, your ears picked up a slight noise behind you and you immediately turned around.

 

Upon turning around, you almost had your face catch an incoming punch, but being trained to be on alert at all times, you immediately dodged and brought up your fist to fight the unknown assailant.

 

You looked at the man who started the fight, only to be greeted with a smiling face on your mentor’s face

 

“Good morning, keep up the fight...call it a morning warm-up” He said calmly

 

You nodded and continued to fight back.

 

Dodging, punching, kicking, and backflipping went on for about 15 minutes before your mentor called quits.

 

“Not bad, its great to see that you have not gone rusty” Your mentor said as he gave you a back pat

 

You gave him a smile, but it was interrupted by a quiet growling sound coming from your stomach.

 

You immediately looked down at the floor in embarrassment.

 

Hearing the call for food and seeing you look down on the floor, your mentor chuckled

 

“Have you not had your breakfast? Tsk Tsk, did you wake up late again? Nevermind that, lets go get you some food and we can discuss your situation” Your mentor said as he walked with you to the kitchen.

 

And so, the next hour was spent eating and catching up with your mentor along with a brief discussion on future security strategies.

 

-Later that day-

 

You were in the backyard polishing your hand to hand combat and weapon handling when you suddenly got a text.

 

From: Ice princess

 

_______-ah~ We miss you….its so boring here without you! Come back soooooooon


 

You chuckle at the text and put down the javelin in your hand.

 

To: Ice princess

 

I miss you too, I’ll come back as soon as I can…..family reunions are a bit too mushy and I’m getting kinda bored too….But Uncle wants me to stay for at least a day longer before I go back….Wait for meeeeeeeeee~

 

You look back at the text before hitting the send button. Satisfied with your reply, you put down your phone and went back to practicing.

 

Practice continued on for the rest of the day as you took the time to go over all the skills you have learnt and also asked your mentor to teach you some new tricks.

 

-Skipping to Nightfall-

 

“I’m . SO. TIRED.” You exclaimed as you dropped a knife onto the floor and proceeded to lay on the ground.

 

“Well, if it makes you feel any better, I’m actually surprised that you made it this far.” Your mentor commented in mild disbelief as he stared at your unmoving body that laid in the middle of the practice gym.

 

You turned your head to his direction and stared at him. “You do realize what I do for a living right?” You said while you raised a brow.

 

“Very well.” He chuckled as he walked over to you to help you up. “Now, get your lazy bum up and go take a shower; we are having dinner soon and you are gonna go to bed early.”

 

You groaned as you felt your mentor pull you up by your arm.

 

Dinner passed by pretty quickly and before you knew it, you were already in your bed staring at the ceiling getting ready to go to sleep.

 

You turned your body to your side and took your wallet from the bedside table and took out one of the many photos you kept in there.

 

If was a picture you took an extremely long time ago with your mentor.

 

Goofy smiles were on both your faces as the both of you guys looked at the camera.

 

Good times… you thought as you to your back once again to finally get some rest.

 

About 3 hours later, you woke up to the sound of large crash you heard coming from somewhere downstairs, and since you were not living in the dorm, you immediately jumped out of bed on high alert and grabbed the towel that was on your chair and the sword that you kept strapped under your bed.


This better NOT be a drill... you thought as you walked out your bedroom door with a furious look on your face.

 

 

---------------------------------------------------

I apologize for a short chapter 6 -bows- but I realy wanted to give you guys something on Taeng's b-day (even tho its only the 8th where I live...but nevertheless, its the 9th in Korea)

I originally wanted to make this chapter much longer.......but I guess I'll just have to re-arrange the upcoming chapters >~<"

I still you guys enjoy this chapter even tho its not as good as the others and I also hope that you guys will continue to support this fic.

I will try to update again ASAP, but I just gotta cut my current work pile by a lot first...... >~< (anyone else hate writing reports? )

But other than that.....plz comment if you can!! (Comments are srsly greatly appreciated, but its okay if you can't)

Anyways...... I apologize once again for a short crappy chapter!

See you all again soon!

 

-ShadowKnight Out-

P.S Random fact: Did you know that 1 trillion seconds is 32,000 years? [Next time your friend complains about how something took 1 trillion seconds, you can just say "no....no it didn't ....i would be dead then....thats 32,000 years]

yea......ignore this random fact if you want.....i just felt like I should share this with you guys.