Chapter 1

The Double Sided Life I Live

You were running

It was dark

Your legs were numb from the running

But your lungs were burning

You looked down to your hands as you ran…

But all you saw was red…

Your hands were stained with blood…

Unknowingly, you slip and fall, scraping your knees and elbows as you hit the ground.

Crying, you flip yourself over onto your back

and with one last scream of pain

you finally let the strange coldness take over.

 

YOUR POV

 

I jolted awake with beads of sweat all over my face.

 

What on earth was with that dream? I thought to myself.

 

I sighed.

 

Then I proceeded to look over my shoulder to my bedside clock.

 

5:45am

 

15 more minutes till I time to wake up

 

I pouted and looked over to my roommate who was still lying in her bed, curled up like a ball of pink. I was pretty sure that if I didn’t take a closer look, I wouldn’t have noticed her… After all, she was completely camouflaged - pink, pink, pink, and more pink.

 

I chuckled.

 

“I really wish I lived a normal life.” I mumbled quietly to myself, shaking my head wistfully.

 

Getting out of bed, I put on my slippers and headed for the bathroom to get ready for the beginning of yet another hectic day. After stepping out of my room and quietly closing the door behind me, I realized that the dorm was quiet… It was nice.

 

But of course, quietness never lasts in this dorm.

 

“Good morning maknae!” Seohyun greeted me with a smile.

 

“Good morning unnie” I replied half-yawning.

 

“You're still tired? I thought we went home early already yesterday… Oh wait… Right! You stayed behind because you wanted to practice some more.” She sighed. “Maknae, you have to stop overworking, you always stay behind to practice when it’s not necessary. Remember! Your health comes first!” Seohyun  lectured me as I yawned again.

 

I would have gone home with you guys if it wasn’t for the urgent meeting that Soo Man ajusshi wanted to have with me...

 

Flashback

 

It was 7pm and the entire group was having a dance practice for the Japan tour happening in two days. There were bouts of laughter here and there as we had a short, but well-deserved break. It was nice being with all of them as the girls had finished their schedules early.

 

As for me, I just had a simple CF shoot and a photoshoot for the next edition of Cosmopolitan.

 

“Why do dances not agree with me?” Tiffany sulked with a pout as she plopped herself down onto the dance floor sitting cross legged with her arms crossed.

 

“Its okay Fany, you will get it eventually… You always do. You’re the most hard working here.” I said as I gave her an encouraging smile and a failed fist pump.

 

“Maknae is so cute.” She chuckled, stretching her arms out to unwind her muscles.

 

“Yeah, she’s cute when she’s with us, but once we are out of this building, she has a cold personality… She becomes the second ice princess” Sooyoung added as she ate a pepero to regain energy from the vigorous dance practice.

 

“Is there a problem with being an ice princess?” Jessica replied calmly with her eyes closed standing in her ultimate favourite place in the practice room… in front of the air con.

 

I rolled my eyes.

 

Just then, my phone rang.

 

My eyebrows knit together as I glanced at the caller id, and I picked up the phone, walking out of the room to continue the conversation.

 

“Hello?”

 

“Oh hello, ____shi, its Soo Man here. Are you free later? I need to see you about something.”

 

“I understand, I am free after practice, I will pay you a visit at your office then.”

 

“Thank you _____shi, Goodbye.”

 

I sighed as I put my phone away.

 

Great, and I thought that I might be able to leave early today. I thought as I walked back into the practice room.

 

“Who was it maknae? Did someone confess to you? Was it someone special? So special that you had to leave the room to answer this phone call?” Yuri asked with a smirk.

 

Her question was not unheard as the the rest of the girls whipped their heads in my direction with smirks plastered on their faces.

 

“Unnnnnnnnnieeeeeeee~~~~~~~~” I pouted and said, voiced laced with much aegyo. “You know just how I can’t get a date with anyone because of 2 reasons… 1, the company would not allow it. 2, You guys always scare off any man that would come near me.”

 

“Haha, that’s right! No one gets near our little maknae.” Taeyeon laughed as she walked over and ruffled my hair.

 

I put on my best angry face and glared at Taeyeon.

 

It failed miserably judging by how hard Taeyeon laughed.

 

“Your glares don’t work on me when its just us young one, you still have much to learn when it comes to intimidating us.” Taeyeon smiled while proceeding to mess up my hair even further.

 

“Stop bullying me! Sica unnie~ save me!” I whined, running over to where Jessica was and hid behind her.

 

At that moment, realized that I was closest to Jessica since we were trainees. She was always there for me when I cried, complained about the work load and my aching body from practicing. I told her all my secrets… well… except for one. She can’t know about my last secret. I was scared… I couldn't afford to lose my closest friend after losing my parents several years ago.

 

I would have no one left.

 

Soon, I wasn’t too lonely anymore… I gained 8 more best friends.

 

I wasn’t lonely; I was beyond happy, but this also meant that I have to make sure that my new family does not...I emphasize, ABSOLUTELY NOT KNOW of this last secret that I hold.

 

The one reason for my placement within this company.

 

Back to the story.

 

I ran to Jessica and hid behind her.

 

Jessica smiled at me and fixed my hair then her smile dropped and the scariest face appeared on her face.

 

It was the face she made everyone time someone woke her up a nice dream she was having.

 

It was the HellSica face…

 

The room suddenly dropped a billion degrees… and transformed into Antarctica.

 

Jessica slowly turned her head around and stared at the little kid leader that was slowly walking here to bully me some more. I watched in glee as the kid leader froze… just like a sculpture carved from ice.

 

“Taengoo…” Jessica began sweetly, saccharin sweet voice dripping with unspoken threats. “If you mess up maknae’s hair again… I would have to apologize to you for turning you into a permanent ice sculpture. Do I make myself clear?

 

“Crystal” Taeyeon whimpered almost inaudibly. The rest of the girls chuckled quietly.

 

“This goes for the rest of you guys too… only I can bully this youngster here, understand?”

 

The girls stiffened, nodding.

 

Who knew that practice would result in a 5 minute trip to Alaska?

 

Soon after, practice resumed.

 

Around 11pm

 

“That’s all for today! Good work everyone! I hope to see you guys do well during your Japan Tour! I WILL BE WATCHING.” The dance instructor hollered over our cheers as she left the studio.

 

“FINALLY~” Everyone sang as they began to pack their things and head out the door one by one.

 

“_______-ah~ aren’t you coming?” Hyoyeon asked as she was the last one left in the room.

 

“I’m just gonna practice some more, I’ll get manager oppa to drive me home later” I smiled like I usually did when I needed to hide something.

 

They always fall for it, hook, line and sinker.

 

“Okay then, come home early! I cannot guarantee that I can protect your dinner from the two black holes.” Hyoyeon smiled to herself as she closed the door behind her.

 

But Sica sure can. I chuckled quietly to myself, waiting patiently for her footsteps to fade away into silence. The next 5 minutes were spent by the window, watching attentively until I saw the members leave in the black vans.

 

I quickly packed my belongings, throwing in my towel and water bottle into the bag haphazardly and began to head to the top floor.

 

*Knock Knock*

 

“Come in.” A deep voice came from within the room.

 

I open the door to see Soo Man ajusshi sitting behind his desk reviewing a file and sighing.

 

“You wanted to see me sir?” I asked, fidgeting in front of his desk.

 

“Yes, I am aware that you girls have a flight to Japan tomorrow to prepare for the Japan Tour and that you are extremely tired… especially you, being a bodyguard and an idol is no easy task and I really am extremely grateful towards you.” He said with a rather fatherly tone “However, I wanted to see you because I have received something rather disturbing today…”

 

“Oh my, this sounds serious. This probably involved the girls. What should we do? We are going to the airport tomorrow, there will be lots of people.” I said seriously, biting my lip unconsciously.

 

It was no time to play, this is strictly business and serious is what i must be if I am to protect my family.

 

“Today, on my desk was a mail from an unknown sender, stating that I had better take care of the girls because something was going to happen soon. I am not sure if this is a threat or if it is a note of caution, but either way… I need you to be on full alert tomorrow all the way until you girls are back here in Seoul. Do you understand ______?” Soo Man stared at me with worry in his eyes.

 

“Yes sir, I shall protect the girls with everything I have. Surely whomever it was that was planning something will not expect a member of the group to be an undercover bodyguard.” I replied with confidence.

 

See, this is my secret. My one secret that the girls and the other idols must not know about. I was an undercover bodyguard. I was hired several years ago due to threats that Soo Man ajusshi was receiving from anti fans about harming the girls if they ever debuted.

 

My mentor (extremely old friends with Soo Man ajusshi) somehow thought that it would a bright idea to have me go undercover as a bodyguard and debut with the group since I loved to sing and dance. Singing and dancing was one thing, but debuting and being an idol AND a bodyguard at the same time? I was totally against the idea, but I knew that fighting back would not help at all since my mentor’s word was the law.

 

And so, here I am today… In a famous 10-membered girl group called Girls’ Generation… all while being a bodyguard assigned to keep away any trouble that may harm the girls.

 

Life is hard, it’s tiring and it also take a toll on my mind. But it is all worth it at the end of the day when I go home and see 9 happy faces greeting me with open arms.

 

That is the only time I am able to feel like a normal teenager, with a family.

 

Flashback End

 

That meeting with Soo Man caused me to come back home at 12am and have my dinner eaten by two bottomless pits.

 

I sigh again.

 

“I can’t help it unnie, I feel the need to perfect the dance, I don’t want to disappoint the group.” I replied Seohyun with a half smile.

 

“Since you are always practicing so hard and burning out your body, you can count on me to keep you healthy and energized with the right foods!” Seohyun said with the brightest smile on her face. She was probably thinking of possible healthy dishes she can experiment with for me to eat.

 

“Anyway, ______ are you ready for Japan? Did you pack everything that you need?”

 

“Yes unnie, I did that the day before yesterday.”

 

“Good now, lets wake the others so we can have breakfast and then leave for the airport.”

 

At the Airport


 

Typical situation at the airport.

 

Paparazzi, fans, paparazzi, fans, and more paparazzi and fans

 

We walked in a single file line with our manager and airport security.

 

We were completely surrounded by fans trying to take pictures and present their gifts in hope that we would receive them.

 

I was worried for the girls, since the airport would be a place of high risk. A dangerous man with ill intentions could easily make a move here and I could not let that happen.

 

Staying close to the girls was my number one priority. So I quickened my pace in hope of catching up to Sica who was in front of me.

 

Just as I was about to reach her, something shiny and reflective within the sea of fans and paparazzi caught my eye.











 

FIRST CHAPTER IS UP~~~

 

-celebrates-

 

So what do you think? Please do give me some feedback!!!

 

I’m pretty excited for this fanfic and I hope you are too!

 

Thanks for reading and don’t forget to comment, subscribe and upvote (if you want)!!

 

Thanks for waiting for this chapter~~

 

Hope you guys liked it

 

Seeya next time!!!!

 

-Shadow out-

 

P.S im thinking of putting a little supernatural twist into this story….but thats not until later….like….WAYYYYY LATER….