one

Blood Red

one.

We arrived in the Seoul Corporation after a long walk. We stole food and slept on the streets but otherwise okay. The Corporation was a tall building and a big man stood in front of the entrance.

"Kids are not supposed to be here." a big fat guy snarled. Myungsoo ran behind me. 

"Uh...we were just wondering if you...know this guy." I said, holding the I.D. of the person who attacked us. The big guy frowned. 

"A worker here. How did you get that?"

"He tried to kill us."

"And?"

"I killed him instead." I replied. Surprisingly, my voice was firm enough. The guy's eyes widened and he returned to his radio.

"Call Sunggyu."

 

-----

"You want me to believe you killed my best agent?" the guy with no eyes laughed. We were in a big room, the walls mostly made of glass. I bet this is in the top of the huge building. The floor was covered in black carpet, on the side was a black sofa and a working table.

"I didn't ask you to." I shot back. You can't show fear to these kind of people, well, that was what the man in the movies said.

"You're brave,eh?" he chuckled and grabbed Myungsoo behind me. I snarled at him and pulled Myungsoo back. "Let's see. What if...I test you?"

"What?" 

"You need food, shelter. I can provide that, more. You just have to pass one test." he grinned.

"What test?" My knees were shaking and I felt sweat trickling down my face.

"Kill him." he ordered, motioning towards Myungsoo. Myungsoo clutched my shirt tighter. 

"H-hyung." he whimpered.

"Go on. Choose." small eyes said, handing me a gun. I slowly took i from him, making Myungsoo shake in fear.

"Hyung..." Myungsoo pleaded.

I stared at the gun and threw it away. "No." I said as firm as my voice could allow and ran to protect the still shaking kid behind me.

Small eyes smiled. The sincere kind. He walked towards us and patted my back but I shook his hand off.

"How old are you?"

"I'm ten. He's six." I replied. He nodded as if he's considering it.

"I'm Kim Sunggyu. Call me that and I'd kill you myself. You and that kid should call me Gyu and Gyu only. We don't use real name here. Your rooms are on the fourth floor, below this floor third door to the right." he ordered.

"What are you saying?" I asked, putting my arms around Myungsoo.

"You can stay here. But for a price." Gyu saud, shrugging. "You're going to be trained."

"As what?" Myungsoo asked.

"As assassins of course."

 

-----

We went to the room Gyu told us. There were food on the table and a new set of clothes on the bed. It was a big room, bigger than the house we lived in when my parents were alive.

"Hyung." Myungsoo called. I turned to him as saw his eyes growing bigger. "Assassins are people who kills right?"

I nodded. "Yes. Like the ones you see on TV." 

"Ah, jjinja?! And then I'll have a big gun and shoot and then bang!" Myungsoo said, forming a gun with his little hands.

"Yes, like that."

"This is so gre- ouch." he exclaimed.

"What happened?"

"Hyung, my tooth fell out." he smiled, showing me the teeth proudly.

"Ne. Now gargle first then eat." I said and pointed the bathroom.

"Food!" he giggled and ran to the bathroom.

I looked around the room and changed clothes. The wall on the right was made of windows, so the buildings outside were visible. City lights filled room but the noise were lessened. Myungsoo went to bed after devouring half of the table food until he couldn't eat anymore. I couldn't sleep though, this was the first time I killed someone, I ended a life. 

And I have a feeling I'm going to do it more often.

 

 


 

A/N: Ha, how was it? Comment below! Don't forget to subscribe and vote ^O^