Chapter 5

The Vampire's Reason

"What do you need, Ezra?" Kai asked in a gloomy way.

 

Ezra Ezekiel Norwast is the one who attacked YuRi earlier. If it is not obvious, Kai and Ezra were close friends. Ezra can stand Kai's rude attitudes. The Norwast Clan was known as one of the most loyal clans. They follow the rules. If compared to a school, they would be the School Council President. Well, Ezra is known as the "playboy" in the clan.

 

"You know, you're breaking the rules," Ezra said. Sipping animal blood from his wine glass, as well as Kai. They sat at the couch, with YuRi sitting uncomfortably. Imagine you're in a mansion with two vampires. It creeps her.

 

"I know that before. I mean is, what do you need with YuRi? You attacked her earlier right?" Kai asked Ezra while playing with his wine glass.

 

"I though you love her..." Ezra said with a half-grin on his face. YuRi suddenly stood when he heard his' statement, "There's nothing romantic between Kai and I!" she defended.

 

"Why so defensive, missy? I like aggresive girls..." Ezra said and looked at YuRi and checked out her body. He was mocking her. YuRi's eyes grew big. Kai suddenly threw a pillow at Ezra's face. "Hey! Watch it!" Ezra cried.

 

"Don't you dare put her on the list of your girls," with a poker face, Kai said.

 

Ezra chuckled, "Come on, she's all yours!" YuRi was confused. I'm all his? "I'm going to sleep..." YuRi said and waved off to her room upstairs with her heart beating non-stop.

 

"Seriously? You haven't told her about your feelings?" Ezra exclaimed. Kai glared at him, "I just... can't."

 

Ezra stopped smiling, "So you really love her?"

 

"Yeah... I love her so much that I'm willing to protect her even it causes my life to end," Kai said. It was true. But he was afraid that the Emralds will locate her and eventually, kill her.

 

"You better be..." then Ezra leaned on the leather couch.

 

Kai sighed. He hopes he can. "Please, Ezra... please, don't tell the Empress know about this..." he pleaded.

 

The Empress was more of a council. They are the rule-makers. They treat the Norwast the most loyal to them. If one vampire violated a law, they will do everything to kill that vampire. For them there are three kinds of people, the immortals, mortals and the slayers. The immortals were them (vampires, werewolves, sirens, angels, etc.), the mortals are the normal people, while the slayers are the one who kill the immortals. If one immortal did something against their rules, they consider them as slayers.

Eventually, Kai broke one rule. They were forbidden to fall in love with mortals. What could he do? His heart beats for YuRi and YuRi only.

 

Ezra sighed, "You know I can't resist you, my friend, but don't think that I am a nosy 'kay? I just wanna ask what she means by 'nothing romantic between you two'?" quoting YuRi's statement earlier.

 

"She thought that you were pertaining to Audrey. Because she's my girlfriend, the girlfriend that I like before but fades," Kai explained. He heard Ezra sigh, "You're becoming one."

 

Kai turned to him, "Becoming one?" He asked in confusion. Ezra looked at him, "You're becoming a playboy!" Kai then hit (to Filipinos reading this: batok) Ezra, "Ouch! What was that for?"

 

"For being a pabo..." Kai answered then leaned at the couch.

 

"Hey Kai," Ezra called out to Kai, "Can I sleep here? Just for a few days... please?" then he did an aegyo.

 

Kai didn't help it. He laughed! It was the worst aegyo he had seen in his life, even though he's cute already, he haven't seen him do this his entire life. "Argh! I hate you, Kai!" Ezra pouted.

 

"Aish! Use the guest room and make yourself at home," then Kai stood. Before he went upstairs, he heard Ezra screamed a loud 'yes'. He just shake his head and went to his room. He decided to stop by YuRi's room. He opened the door and entered. It's his house after all. Nothing much changed at her room. She liked it simple. The room was white with a hint of pink. It was the most different scheme in the mansion.

 

"Kai..." YuRi said. Kai turned around nervously just to find out she was asleep. He smiled at himself and blushed. She was dreaming of him all along. He sat at the bed. "Don't leave me..." YuRi once again said in her sleep. Kai once again smiled, "I will never leave you, my queen." He didn't know what hit him but he kissed YuRi... on the lips. It was a 10-second kiss. Good thing, when he parted, YuRi didn't woke up. He left the room and went to sleep.

 

The nesxt morning, YuRi woke up. Good thing it was a Saturday morning. She can wake as late as she likes. She has the weirdest dream though. She thought of something,

 

"It was a weird ream though...

Kai kissed me...

But it felt so real...

Just thinking about it made my heart beat a thousand times faster...

What does it mean?"