Chapter 3

The Vampire's Reason

Kai can't sleep properly. He tossed himself from left to right but he just can't sleep. He's thinking about what he read in Minho's mind. He can't concentrate properly. He is a vampire, he can definitely beat MinHo anytime but not. He thought MinHo was just a normal person. He sighed and went to YuRi's room.

 

Approaching it, an echo reigned over his mind, And I will do everything just to take her away from you. He can't help himself but to be broken. YuRi can't leave her. He closed his eyes and knock twice on YuRi's door. No response. He opened the door and saw YuRi sleeping in her queen size bed. It was too big for her. Kai tucked himself beside YuRi...

 

"You won't leave me, right?" Kai said. Even YuRi wouldn't response, he aked the question for he not know. He glanced at her face. That tan skin, beautiful and long eyelashes, her nose and those lips... curved perfectly. He held her hands, "Please, don't leave me..." Kai muttered and his eyes sting filling it with tears. He may be a cold blooded vampire/person outside but he has this heart in the inside.

 

"I will do anything just to protect you..." then he drifted off to sleep.

 

 


 

YuRi woke up at a certain time this morning. Her head was aching like hell. She opened her eyes and saw Kai sleeping beside her. She can't help but to stare at Kai. His eyes, nose and those pouty-like lips. She stared for a while then suddenly he moved making her panic at the same time. She pretended to sleep.

 

"YuRi, I know you're not asleep," Kai said with his cold voice.

 

YuRi opened her eyes and asked, "How did you know?" Kai pointed at the side of his head and YuRi got it, mind-reading. "But why are you sleeping beside me?"

 

YuRi heard Kai sigh and said, "Nothing to do with you," then he left the room.

 

"Vampires," she shook her head and started to get ready for school. When she went downstairs, she saw Kai leaning against the black leather couch watching the morning news.

 

"... two men are saaid to be bitten by vampires but the police said that a certain of specie of blood- animal might be around. The police continues the investigation..." then suddenly Kai turned off the television.

 

"They're on the move..." Kai suddenly spoke.

 

"Who?" out of curiosity, YuRi asked.

 

"The Emralds..." Kai spoke still staring at the blank television.

 

"The Emralds? Who are they?" YuRi asked. She has no idea who they are or what they were.

 

Kai sighed. "The Emralds are one of the most known vampire clans in history of our world. They were the scariest. They don't have mercy. They kill for fun. They sip blood from innocent people. Every person that will be bothering their way... they will kill them. Sip their blood until no blood will remain. They can also turn humans into vampires. They thought that they were superior. Many vampires abhor them. Only the Farows can stop them. But until now, the missing Farows can't be found."

 

YuRi turned her head to Kai, "Farows?"

 

Kai continued to explain, "The Farows were the superior vampires back, 500 years ago. They were the vampires who are... humble. They are way different. They don't use their powers in violence, they use it for good. Until the Blood War came. The Farows were defeated but there are rumors that the last Farows is still alive..."

 

YuRi just stood there. She tried to absorb everything but she thinks she can't. "What are the Emralds doing now?"

 

"Rebellion," Kai said coldly. YuRi shuddered at the thought. Kai is a vampire. It means her life must be in danger. She was about to leave when suddenly Kai hugged her. She stopped on her tracks. She can feel Kai's breathe on her neck that made her heart beats fast. "Can you at least... accompany me... to the school. Please. I can't imagine you being hurt when you're alone when you go to school."

 

YuRi didn't know what to do. But, she definitely said, "Yes." Kai lead her to his red ferarri parked at fron of their mansion. They rode to school together.

 

All eyes were on them when they stepped down from the ferrari, especially Audrey's. When Kai and YuRi parted ways, Audrey followed YuRi and stopped in the girl's locker room. Time for confrontation.

 

"You!" Audrey shouted and pointed a finger at YuRi. YuRi turned her head and saw Audrey. The other girls also looked at her.

 

"What?!" YuRi asked irritatedly.

 

Audrey rolled her eyes, "Stop flirting with MY BOYFRIEND!" She emphasized the words 'my boyfriend'. She is too possesive over things that matters.

 

"Me? Flirting?" YuRi, this time, pointed to herself. The other girls which are in the locker room started to whisper at each other. Rumors.

 

"Yes, you are! Why are you with Ken this morning?! I, his girlfriend, didn't have a chance to ride on his car! But you... you are such a sl*t eh?" Audrey shouted. Did she just say 'Ken'? YuRi thought.

 

"Woah! Me? A sl*t?! Hold your horses, missy! You no nothing about me!" YuRi shouted. Audrey was about to slap her when an arm blocked her hand. It was Kai's.

 

"K-ken... it... h-hurts..." Audrey was now crying in pain. Her wrist was held by Kai's hands. It was warm yet hurtful.

 

"You don't know the real story Audrey! Stop accusing her of something she's not!" anger marked Kai's voice. Audrey shuddered.

 

"She took you away from me Ken... I lo--" Audrey didn't have the chance to finish her sentence for Kai gripped her wrists, stronger and tightlier. Audrey screamed in pain. He pushed her and she fell to the floor. YuRi just stood there. She didn't know what to do. Until Kai held her hand and they went out of the locker room.

 

YuRi relaized one thing, "Did you just enter a GIRL'S locker room?"

 

Kai stopped his tracks. He blushed a little. "I have an excuse..." he reasoned. YuRi can't help it but she laughed, no, chuckled. Kai stared at her with amusement. For the first time in 6 years, she laughed because of him. His heart beats so loud that he's scared YuRi might hear it. YuRi stopped and saw Kai looking at her and she blushed a light pink. They avoided gazes.

 

They didn't know that Audrey was just behind them. Anger. That was what she felt.

 

"You will pay for this YuRi...

You took him away from me...

Then,

I'll do everything to make your life miserable..."

 

 


ooooookkkkkkaaayy! Lame update~! Definitely love your comments chingus~! ^____^

 

XOXO blackpearl_16