Chapter 1

The Vampire's Reason

Silence.

 

That was the only sound heard in a vast room. The atmospehere's tension was rising. Neither of them spoke. Pride against pride. Neither of them gave up. The cold winter blew into the dimmed room. The weird thing is, all the windows in the room were closed. It touched her skin that made her shiver. Lowering her pride, she stood.

 

"Look, I'm sorry, but she's the one who started it! Not me!" she explained no, defended, herself from the accusation of her master.

 

Yuanne Risha Kwon. A mortal like anyone of us. A regular student walking in the same halls and being taught by the same teachers. She lives in a mansion with red, white and black motiff and it creeps her. Her master was very brutal to her ever since the day she lived with him. And it . The blame is always on her.

 

He glared at her, sending another shiver at YuRi's body. He's cold as ice. His stare was good enough to fear, "You're blaming it all to her?!" A loud crash was heard. Her master threw a vase out to the wall. But YuRi felt a glint of anger. She was telling the truth. His girlfriend was the one who started it.

 

"I am telling the truth! Why won't you believe me just once?!" she shouted. She never dare shouted in the past 6 years of living with him.

 

He glared at her, "So, you're shouting at me?! You're shouting at me! Defending yourself for this non-sense! But the reason of her hurt was because of you!!" Kai didn't stop accusing YuRi.

 

Kenneth Aisworth Kim. Her brutal master. The cold one. The one who is numb for her feelings. The one who is deaf, deaf for her reasons. All she wanted was him to believe her. What could she do? He's a vampire and he is a big threat. Yes, he's a vampire.

 

"Me!!! Me!!! Me!!! It's all about me!!! But I was the one hurt!!! YOU threw me to the ground like I am a piece of trash!!! I got my feelings to mister!!! Yes, I am a mortal but that doesn't mean your gonna be superior or anything!!! I just want you to underrstand things..." YuRi was now crying. Kai felt his heart crumbled. Seeing her cry was the worst. YuRi was fed up. She ran outside the house. Kai didn't bother to follow her.

 

YuRi's feet brought her to a certain park and sat on the swing. She stayed still and cried all her heart out. She stared at the sky for it was filled with stars. She saw the moon. YuRi was this girl fond of romantic realms. Who will be her moon at her dark times? 

 

"Something happened?" a male's voice was heard. YuRi turned her head and saw MinHo. He was her shoulder to cry on. He understands her. Better than Kai. And he's YuRi's moon.

 

"Hey," YuRi said, weakly. MinHo stood behind her and try to swing her, "Mind telling me what happened?"

 

YuRi hesitated but he was her best friend all along. She looked up again and saw the stars shining like diamonds stuck in a dark box.

 

"Earlier," she started, "I bumped into Audrey then her things fell. I said sorry and I picked up the things for her. I held out the books for her..."

 

Looking at the books with disgust, Audrey abruptly grabbed her things away from YuRi.

 

"Better look where your going next time," Audrey said in a very low tone. YuRi didn't answer, she just nodded. Audrey got furious. She wanted an answer, not an assuring nod. Being the campus queen was a privilege for Audrey to boss around. YuRi is just an ant versus Audrey. "I want an answer..."

 

"Y-yes, Audrey," YuRi stuttered. She was scared but she will not. Audrey is just another mortal like her. They should be equal. But, bad thing is, Kai is her boyfriend.

 

"That's better, goodbye, weakling," Audrey said. YuRi clenched her fists. This is on... Nobody dares to call her weakling. She never backs out on anything.

 

YuRi can't help herself but held Audrey's collar but Audrey is faster, she slapped YuRi. YuRi's eyes went big. She touched her cheek which was now swollen red. She got back to her senses and planned to slap back Audrey but someone was faster. Faster than the wind. 'Teleportation' YuRi thought. Someone was holding her neck too tight. She can't breathe.

 

"What were you about to do to my girl?" Kai asked. He was furious. Noting that her girlfriend WAS ABOUT to get hurt. YuRi didn't answer, "I recieve no answer..." then Kai threw YuRi at the floor. Her back slamming at the cold floor. She felt as f her back bone was about to break. She can't stand. This was Kai. She can't fight him. He's way too strong. She just lay there, doing nothing.

 

"That was mean," MinHo commented after she told the truth. YuRi tried to tell that story to her brutal master but he won't listen. He's a real deaf.

 

"Yeah, no one believes me..." YuRi said with a smile. A sly smile though.

 

"How about me?" MinHo asked leaving a pout on his face. YuRi chuckled. This was the first time of the day for YuRi to laugh. MinHo smiled at the thought, he was the reason to make YuRi smile. He kneeled in front of her and held her chin, "I will not turn my back on you. Never. I will ask you first. Not straight to conclusions. I will always believe in you. Remeber that."

 

YuRi smiled. MinHo was so sweet. She liked him ever since. He was sweet, gentleman and understanding. Nothing Kai has. "I wished I lived with you instead of that bastard."

 

"Haha! Well, we can't change the fate, sunshine," MinHo said. If I am your sunshine, you are my moon, Yuri thought. Absentmindedly, Yuri hugged MinHo but not seconds after, they heard a trash can being thrown. They looked at the direction but because it's too dark, they didn't know who that was.

 

"You better get back," MinHo said. YuRi nodded and they parted ways.

 

Neither of them knew, Kai teleported to where Yuri was. He saw the two hugging that he can't help but to throw a trash can somewhere, leaving all the things inside it fly up to the sky. His heart was in pang. He didn't know what is it... but all he said was...

 

"I am the only one who can do that...

I have my right...

But she despise me...

What can I do?

I love her..."