Chapter 10

The Vampire's Reason

"The last Farow..."

 

"What?" Kai wanted to make sure if he heard it right. That can'be possible.

 

Libra looked at him, "She's the last..."

 

"How?" Kai asked.

 

Libra's eyes turned white. She's digging out the files from YuRi's history. She was also curious, how did it happen. She shivered at what she is seeing. This is not right.

 

"Kai! You must find her now!" she blurted out even her eyes are still white.

 

"Why? Tell me about her history!" Kai shouted. Libra's eyes were back to being its beautiful navy blue eyes. She looked at him with an unsure look, "Are you sure you want to know all of it?"

 

"Fill me," he stiffly answered.

 

Libra sighed but eventually told the story...

 

Before the blood war, a girl named Ytalia Farow, a vampire, was born and grew with a beautiful personality and appearance. She was considered one of the strongest and well-known vampire. Until the Blood War came. Eventually, she came up upon a male, who was holding his abdomen which was dripping with blood.

 

"What are you staring at, cold creature? *huff* Kill me now. That's all you *huff* care about..." the male huffed. He was fighting for his life. Then, a slayer suddenly attacked her but she was too fast. She held its neck and threw it somewhere else. All she cared about was the male in front of her.

 

"Not all of us," then she kneeled and swoop up the male. He winced a little, "Sorry," then she brought him in the middle of a forest. There was a cottage. She entered it without knocking. He was dropped to a queen-sized bed, "You know this is forbidden *huff*..." he uttered.

 

"I don't care," she got a mini-stool and sat beside the bed. She clasped her hands over the wound and started to pray,

 

"Id evenire cupio

Vitam vivendi causa

ad missionem et vitam finisse

Illum, oro, et inhabitabiles

Vivere sub ratione lamia"

 

Magically, the wound started to heal instanly. The man never left the gaze on his wound which was glowing with white light. He looked at her. Ytalia looked back at him and it made her heart thump faster. The and there whe knew, he's the one. "How can you do that?" he asked. Ytalia told him that she has the power to heal.

 

"My name is Ytalia Farow, yours?"

 

"Ruthert Vandrogol," he answered.

 

Eventually, after years of knowing of each other, they fell. Fell for each other. They accepted the fact that they would be punished if someone from the Empress knew about this. They decided to hide from the eyes of the people; the immortals, mortals and the slayers.

 

Then, Ytalia gave birth to a beautiful child, namin her, Yuanne Risha. To hide her identity, they decided to change her last name to Kwon. The Empress found about the frobidden love between Ytalia and Ruthert. They oredered to search for the two. Luckily, they hid the baby in a safe place. They were caught and was kept in a jail.

 

No one knows if they are living up to now. It was a long time ago. But all they know, they're child is living. At least.

 

Kai was stunned at what he heard. YuRi is half-vampire and half-slayer. How can that happen? But what scared him the most, is the side wherein YuRi will choose. The vampire's? Or the slayer's?

 

"I thought that prophecy was enough," Libra shooked her head and left in the form of a yellow bird. Kai looked at her flapping its wings and leaving him, silenced.

 

"What's with the chick, now?" Ezra suddenly appeared from nowhere.

 

"What's witht the word 'chick'?" Kai asked back.

 

"Nothing. She's just too beautiful. Too beautiful to resist..." Ezra said with his dreamy eyes.

 

"Woah~! Playboy alert!" Kai shouted. Ezra glared at him, "Look who's talking!"

 

"I'm not a playboy!" Kai defended.

 

Ezra stuck his tounge out and said, "Look who's a slowpoke at admitting his feeling to his one true love..."

 

Kai sighed and sat. Ezra neared him and said, "Kai... it's only a joke..."

 

"Yeah, I know," Kai said, "But how... where can I find her?"

 

"Huh?" Ezra was confused. He didn't know what happened earlier.

 

"She left... and I don't know where to find her. I just hope she's not in the hands of that MinHo guy..."

 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

 

YuRi stopped by at the playground where she always will be. She only brought a few clothes and luckily, it fit inside a huge backpack. Her problem is... where would she live now?

 

"What's with the bag?" YuRi turned around and saw MinHo satnding behind her.

 

"How'd you know I'm here?" YuRi questioned him.

 

"Answer me first. I was the first to ask," he said while tapping YuRi's head.

 

"I left..." she simply answered. She felt her eyes stung and just blinked so that it will stop from falling.

 

"I don't want to ask why..." MinHo said, "Where do you plan to live now?" Ignoring YuRi's question earlier.

 

"Can I stay... at your place?" YuRi said.

 

MinHo smiled, "Of course."

 

"Jeongmal?" YuRi said.

 

"Ne." YuRi unexpectedly hugged him. Even though he can't breathe, he didn't want to let go.

 

They walked together on the way at MinHo's place. Silence. That was the sound heard between them. YuRi broke the ice, "Why'd you lie?"

 

MinHo stopped on his tracks and looked back at YuRi who was staring back, "It's for your protection."

 

"How?"

 

"You'll find out soon."

 

YuRi's stomach suddenly grumbled. They both laughed at it. "I guess I'm hungry..."

 

They walked for about two minutes until they came upon a house... no... a mansion, again. But this was better. The ambiance was lively but at the same time, calm. They entered the house. Before turning to the kitchen, "Sit there. I'll prepare the food," MinHo said.

 

Then someone knocked at the door. There was no one to open it for the visitor so YuRi decided to open it... but... she didn't expect who it was...

 

For she blurted out the words...

 

"What are you doing here?!"

 


 

 

Owwwkkeeeyyy~! ^_____________^ I really love your comments guys~!!!!!!! That inspired me more!!!!

Well, SECRET REVEALED~!!! But... don't throw your tomatoes at me again...~! I hope it's not lame or a cliffhanger ^_^v

Sorry if there are no KaiYul scenes here ^_^v

*u*

XOXO blackpearl_16