WDYATDM (7)

why did you agree to date me ?

I was on my way going back to the class from the bathroom when I saw chanyeol is standing in front of the school mid class ranks board. I stopped my steps only to lean my body to the wall and studied his figure. He sighed. He looked down. I smiled. Wait, I didn’t smile because he looked down. It’s just .. Chanyeol is so handsome and cute at the same time. His big eyes are wondering around, peeking this and that ranks. I have no idea whose name that he’s looking for. Probably not me, since he has those 11 bunches of his friends and Seulgi (maybe). He likes to compare himself sometimes so he can be triggered to get the better. Oh cmon.. I have been following him and looking at him closely more than you can imagine in some months. I walked slowly getting closer to him since I had the urge.

“ what are you doing ? “ I nudged his arm while standing beside him.

“ woah ! you scared me .. “ he touched his heart. Oops. I didn’t mean to surprise him tho.

“ what if I suddenly suffered from a heart attack ? “ He crossed his eyes and raised one of his eyebrows, facing me.

“ ja – ja .. I am sorry “ I tapped his upper arm then turned back to the board.

“ so which rank are you ? “ I asked, searched for his name. To be honest, I don’t really care about this middle rank. It’s just a middle rank, I just need to keep on studying until the finals right ? My eyes are searching for his name when suddenly he pulled my body close to him by hanging one of his arm around my neck.

“ try find it “ he said too close with my face.

I think I am burning now but I keep my eyes searching for his name. If he deflated his shoulders earlier, doesnt that mean he got a bad rank ? Searching from the last ranks wont hurt right ?

His body keep following my movements, he just loosen it up a bit so I can walk around freely.

Park Park Park

“ ah ! “ I pointed right on his name. Well, looking at it.. he really got a bad rank.

He let his arm off from me, “ I am really bad “

Looking at his expression now, he really felt bad. Is it bad that I didn’t even care about mid rank ? I don’t feel like this thing should easily take him down.

“ what that you wished ? “ I took a glance to his sad face but then back to the board, randomly looking at the names in front of me on the board. “ you rarely attended class, it’s not surprising right ? “ I turned to look at him when he already fixated his eyes on me.

We blinked together and looked at each other for some minutes. He chuckled.

“ woah.. you don’t even support me “ He rolled his eyes then looked back at me, again.

“ you just need to do better until finals and because you are chanyeol, I know you can do it “ I smiled, sincerely. I just know that he is so multitalented in everything he does. If he wanted it, he could get it. He wont stop until he got it. If we started it, we have to see how it turned out to be at the end. If he has that ambition with him to be better at his rank, he will just get better in time.

He paid my smile back with his utmost sincere smiles. Angels falling down, flower petals everywhere. I blinked, one time two times and started to feel uncomfortable with my current state. I felt the urge to leave him since I felt warmly boiled inside. Suddenly I felt stiffened. I turned my face to the right then to the left, scratched my neck which didn’t itchy at all.

“ Jin hee “

“ hmm ? “ his voice brought me back to reality. He is still standing awesomely there in front of me.

“ sorry that I cant pick you up today “ His looks which he threw to me just now, I can make sure it would help me to concentrating even better in my class.

“ Ah .. it’s okay, you are busy this morning what could I do with it, you are EXO “ I smiled.

He also smiled.

“ Ah ! what are you doing here now  ? “ he looked at me with suspicious looks, adding , “ you are not skipping class, are you ? “ he smirked. He looks so satisfied. Like a cat which just caught a mouse.

I am kinda bewildered with his suspicion. “ me ? skipping class ? “ I rolled my eyes, “ I am one of model student in my class chanyeol “ I talked a bit with my arrogant tone.

He chuckled.

“ let’s skip classes then “ he offered to me. The weirdest thing is he said those words sincerely. I really never skip any class before and I don’t want to even in the future. My parents paid my school fee and it wont be a good news for them if they found out about me, skipping a class. Oh no, lets didn’t say that I am afraid of my parents anger. It’s just.. a responsibility. Dad and mom taught me well about that since I was little. Moreover he just showed me how much he felt sad because of his rank and he wanted to skip a class. Are you kidding me, Park Chanyeol ?

“ if I am not mistaken, few minutes ago there’s a man standing here felt down because of his low rank ? “ I raised one of my eyebrow while standing like teacher in front of him. He chuckled.

“ let’s just skipping class after school “ I suggested. The fact is, I want to have a date with him. Today is the last day of school in a week so, it wont hurt to have a lil date until late night ? I will inform mom after this. Only, if chanyeol has no schedule tho.

He answered faster than I could imagine. He didn’t even think twice. Like how he agreed to date me.

“ Okay then ! “ he nodded, happily.

“ go back to your class then .. “ I think my cheekbones are never falling down whenever I am with Chanyeol.

He nodded excitedly. Once he left, I also go back to my class. Today will be a great day.

[why did you agree to date me]

“ ohoraaat ! jinhee yaa chanyeol is here ~~ “

I am still packing my school stuffs when I heard Jang Eum voice outside the class and I saw Hye Mi’s head popped out a bit from the front class door look straight to me. Can they just talk a bit louder than now ? psh. I fastened my hand movements. Seriously Jang Eum and Hye Mi tried to kill me. Everyone now is throwing those weird looks to me. Done with packing my stuffs, I walk faster to the front door class.

There I saw chanyeol stood in front of Jang Eum and Hye Mi. When he turned his head and looked at me, his smiles greet me warmly.

“ what took you so long ? “ Hye Mi walked and captured my left arm then dragged me closer to Chanyeol and Jang Eum.

“ So you guys are going to have a date ? “ Jang Eum asked.

“ yes “ Chanyeol answered while his eyes still on me. His smiles forcing his dimples to be shown off that he looks even cuter than ever.

“ kyaaa ~ “ Hye Mi tightened her hands around my arm. “ where will you go anyway ? “ she asked in a super cute tone while swinging my arm with her. I had no idea where we want to go tho.

“ zoo “

I lifted my eyes when he blurted the answer. Is he seriously want to go the zoo ? I raised one of my eyebrows while asking in my mind, wishing that he could just get the unspeakable question.

Surprisingly he nodded excitedly.

“ yes, let’s go to the zoo “ as if he assured me that he really wanted to go the zoo. I turned my face to Hye Mi “ yeah.. we are going to the zoo.. “ then smiling, awkward enough for Hye Mi and Jang Eum, may be, since I rarely smiled cutely to them. Nothing I can do about this, Chanyeol is watching so I have to look cute as possible. My boyfriend is cute, I should be cuter right ?

Hye Me took my hand and chanyeol’s hand. She put my hand on his palm.

“ be careful and have fun! “ She put her fail serious expression to me and Chanyeol then  waved her hand after dragging Jang Eum along with her. I replied her waving hand with the same thing while Chanyeol keep on smiling while looking at Hye Mi.

“ They are so cute “ he chuckled then suddenly turned his face to me. I was pretty startled since I have been looking at him from the time I finished my waving hand to my besties and staring his smiling face.

He knew that I was pretty startled that he cant help but smiling.

“ Let’s take a train “ he took my hand and we walked to the nearest train station here. He took me anywhere and didn’t leave me behind. He keeps on tagging me along his steps. He keeps on holding my hand, tightly. I think I am the happiest person alive at this time. I don’t wish for more.

We arrived at the zoo. Chanyeol took me to look at many kinds of animals. Looking at his sparkling eyes, it’s like the first time for him coming to the zoo. But looking at him who knows pretty much things at the zoo, it seems like he came here often. We looked at the same animal’s information but he will just read it loudly for me, eventho I read it as well at the same time. When he realized I have been left by him just for two or five steps behind, he will come to me then take my hand with him and nagged about me walking too slow when it’s him who walked too fast.

We keep on walking and taking many pictures of us with my phone since it’s me who suggested to take a pic. He walked around with his cap on his head. Black cap. He looks extremely cool with cap and he knows it, lets bet. The cap he choose to use now is too contrast with his skin color that he looks shining even he didn’t even wash his face after school, okay he told me that. He asked whether he looked bad or not since he didn’t have time to wash his face after the dismissal bell rang. I told him that he’s the first person I see who is even more handsome when didn’t wash his face. He chuckled then asked should he just stop washing his face from this time. I just couldn’t with his answer. He is a real joker alive. LOLS

We stopped walking and sat on the bench under a big tree around zoo’s area. There are so many people in front of us know and there’s also a pretty big screen right in front of us. Usually, the television will air anything about the zoo but something’s pretty weird today that it is airing a TV show. The zoo is pretty crowded even if it’s not even Sunday but hey, tomorrow is the start day of weekend that’s why I proposed him a date after school. I called mom after school, I said I’ll come home late and told her that I want to go somewhere. Mom just coolly guessed that I must have a date then she said to me to tell chanyeol to bring me home safely. I was left speechless when mom hang up the phone.

“ Drink this “ he gave me a soft drink which he just bought from the fending machine.

I drink what he offered to me. I turned my face to him so I couldn’t lose any moments of his movements. He smiled.

“ do you really like looking at me ? “ he turned his face to me, fascinatingly.

“ yes, I do like it “ I answered after spitted a bit , “ veeeeeeeeery much “ I emphasized my expression. How I wish he really got it that I really like him. Much. Very much.  Too much.

His face suddenly looks so tender. His smile is way more charismatic to be compared with once when he just teased me then he coolly drank his soft drink, again.

“ why do you agree to date me, Chanyeol ? “

He chuckled. “ This question, again “ he teased me. Once he turned his face to me, he could see how I seriously ask him this time. I really want to know Chanyeol.

“ hmm.. “ he made himself to be more comfortable when he sat beside me .

“ when I think carefully about it.. “

I focused my ears to his next words when he turned his face to me again. I can feel that he felt amused by looking at my super curios expression now. I am still waiting the he smiled again.

“ because I like you ? “ he answered my question with question toned answer.

I almost ask him why do you like me when he suddenly ask me.

“ then why do you want to date me ? “ he asked once he turned his face to me.

“ eh ? “

“ well, let’s just pass all my charms off.. “ he chuckled while playing with his soda by turning it roundly under his grip.

Oh see the full of confidence chanyeol, who just simply told me that he has so many charms. A charming guy. Well, he is indeed.

“ I.. who is well known as someone’s sun flower which always shamelessly asking to comeback to the same flower..” he smiled, a bit bitterly in my opinion. “.. this kind of me. why do you want to date me ? “ his face is surprisingly calm while pressed some word’s tones in his question. He still playing with his soft drink then taking a gulp of it.

I purposely didn’t answer it right away to test how curios he is about this. He turned his face to me, here, he is waiting for my answer. He asked it again, “ why ?”

“ you well known thing has nothing to do with my feelings I guess. If I fall for you and there I want to date you. It’s just I cant help it but I really don’t care about your popular nicknames “ I added ‘hehe’ naturally at the end of my answers while my feet are keep on taping the ground. I did it since I need something to do to distract my crazily beating heart beat. It’s been few days he held my hand, he picked me up, talked to me even touched me. I have to get used to it right ? but is the process of getting used to it really take a long time originally ?

I couldn’t hear his reply at my words so I look at him. He looks pretty surprised that it looks like I looked at him too sudden from his point of view. His smile slowly take over his startled expression.

I don’t know what got into me that I cant take my eyes off him this time. I don’t even know when how or why but my right palm already stayed on chanyeol’s cheek. Once I got my sense back I took it off hurriedly.

“ s – sorry.. “ I turned my face away. This is so embarrassing!

“ jin hee ya.. “ he softly called my name.

I hummed still looking away from him.

“ ya lee jin hee .. “ he put ‘ya’ at front but still softly calling me.

I turned my face to him still looking down, “ yes “

He didn’t even say anything that I lifted my head to look at him.

In just few seconds, his lips already pressed on to mine. His lips felt so tender on mine and a bit sweet. Did he just eat some candies ? I also can feel his breath right near to my nose. We are extremely close now. I formed fists with my hands and closed my eyes to support my body. Strangely, by doing those things, I got my own power that I did not easily give up this moment. I am positively trembling that I can just fall down shamelessly anytime from the bench. He pressed it even more like a peck before he slowly left my lips alone. I opened my eyes slowly then lifted my head to look at him.

“ thank you “, he simply smiling in an angelic way while saying those words.

I was blinking few times like. What should I do ?

“ I – I “

“ yes ? “

“ wanna go to the bathroom “ I looked down. Nice way to go from a super awkward situation.

“ sure “ he chuckled.

I hurriedly stood up and prepared to leave when he stopped me by holding my wrist. I turned my head, looking down to him who still sat on the bench.

“ give me your bag, “ he smiled.

“ doesn’t it heavy ? “ he asked while his free right hand reached out, ready to accept my bag.

“ a – ah yes “ I took my strap of bags which stay steadily on my shoulder off and gave it to him.

Once he got my bag from me, he got busy with it by repositioning my bag right beside him and kept it closer under his arm. When he thought the position is okay he lifted his head to look up at me. His eyes meet mine which made me feel light inside.

“ I’ll go now.. “  He nodded cutely then I walked away.

[why did you agree to date me]

Haa-h. Finally I can breathe. It’s not like I cant breathe before but whenever Chanyeol around me, he is just too captivating that I think I forgot to breathe. It’s not like he consumed much air because he is bigger. Right ? Okay, you can ignore since my science isn’t pretty good.

I closed my eyes and keep my breath steady. I need to breath normally so I can face him and now what to do with him. We still have some more hours if we want to spend it until night tho. So, it’s not good if I keep admiring him like crazy and didn’t even say anywords and stay awkward because of his sudden kiss(?) to me. Should I protest him for stealing my first kiss ? he is my boyfriend after all and I kinda like it .. hehe. To recall it once again, I touched my lips and brushed it a lil. How could it be so soft ? kyaaa~~

“ okay, Jin Hee get your sense back, get your sense back.. where is this.. who you are.. “  I closed my eyes, exhale and inhale slowly to help myself earn myself consciousness back.

I opened my eyes slowly when I felt someone tugged my t-shirt and turned to see who did it.

“ eonni… you are in the batrhroom of the zoo and I am sorry eonni.. I had no idea about who you are “ a cute lil girl face under me spoke cutely. Her big eyes sparkling and her lips curved down because her guilty feelings. Okay, it’s kind of embarrassing.

“ ah, we are in the bathroom now ? okay thank you sweety, I can search more about my true identity next “ I caressed her cheeks once I already in the same eye level position with her. I smiled, sincerely eventho deep inside it I am crying a han river because of the embarrassing moment. It’s humiliating, really.

“ are you sure eonni ? we can go to the hospital together .. “ she centered her eyebrows. I nodded quickly.

“ My mom is outside the bathroom, we can go with my mom’s car “ she added, assured me.

“ ah yess… I am okay.. don’t worry.. I have someone that I can trust actually.. he’s waiting for me outside “ I answered her.

“ your boyfriend, eonni ? “

My heart fluttered once she said ‘boyfriend’ then I am smiling right after that, “ yes, my boyfriend”

[why did you agree to date me]

I couldn’t be ashamed for more when I happened to hear that lil girl told her mom what’s happened inside the restroom. Next time, I don’t need to speak what’s on my mind loudly in the restroom.

I was just fixed my dress in front of the bathroom when I looked straight to the front, I can clearly see Chanyeol, few meters away right in front of me. I can see how focus he is now on the big screen in front of him eventho he is still with his cap on.  

“ your first kiss must be ‘that’ friend right ? “

I heard the familiar voice of national MC’s that I also stared to the big screen. I see Seulgi there, she giggled.

“ hmm.. I wont tell “ She smiled and placed her index finger right in front of her lips.

“ eheei~~ we all already know “ the MC meronged her.

“ do you want to send video message to ‘that friend’ ? “ the MC asked, “ ah.. please just send any message to him now “ he added.

Being the bright Seulgi as always, she didn’t need to be told twice and she did it right and well.

“ hi, ‘that friend’ “ she waved her hand cutely to the camera. When the MCs heard ‘that friend’ from her lips, it brought a big laughter and she just smiled to the camera.

“ you are doing good, right ? I wish you always stay healthy” then she told that it was the end of her video message. The MC kept on whining and complained that it was too short but in order to keep the last minute they agreed to just accept it. I don’t really care anymore about how the shows will end when all I care is looking at chanyeol’s expression. There he is still sat there, staring longingly on to the big screen. When the show is over, he looked to the ground. Playing with his feet, tapping it on the ground, and lastly he took his phone and busy with it. I was still standing in the same spot for around 10 minutes. I am waiting for him to search for me. I am waiting for him to look around and suddenly meet my eyes then greet me warmly. I am waiting for him. Am I not too long for going to the restroom ? why didn’t he searched for me ? I have been around more than 10 minutes in the bathroom.

Suddenly I felt down. I also forgot how the situation feels when his lips was pressed on to mine. It was all gone. I decided to walk closer to him. When I just placed myself beside him, he lifted his head and asked with his warm big eyes “ what took you so long ? “