Another day filled with lies

It's All Lies

Music: EXO-K Don't Go

*****


I woke up from another common nightmare of Appa... I hated him ever since the day he left us, at the same time, I'm missing him to death right now. Yes, everyone sees me as the emotionless Queenka in school but the emotionless me is hiding lots of secrets from them that only my best friend, Oh Sehun, knows about. Sehun and I have been friends since the 1st grade and we both know the deepest secrets of one another. For some reason, I feel much more secure around him than Kai. So, that's my story. Now heading back to reality...

"Yuki-ah, breakfast is ready." Eomma called.

"Yeah, I'm coming..." I grumbled.

I trudged out of my room and walked lazily downstairs to only hear a disappointed sigh coming from Eomma. I lift up my head and my heart just sank. Ever since the day Appa left us, I've been feeling depressed but Eomma was being tortured most. She's been faking a smile towards me. She's been lying to me about being okay. She's been trying to be strong when she's hurting on the inside. I can't just let that happen, can I? I totally regret my childish behaviour when Eomma didn't believe me about Appa but I can't use the excuse of being a little girl to cover up my mistakes. It was my fault. I hurt her by shouting at her when she was concern about my injuries. I talked back to her when I wasn't suppose to. I told her... I hated her when it wasn't true. 

"Eomma, are you okay?" I asked.

"Me? Y-yeah. I'm fine. Finish up your pancakes and get ready for school." she walked away.

"When will you stop lying to me, Eomma? You're hurt and I know it." frustrated, I finished up my breakfast and went up to take a bath.

After getting ready, I went downstairs wearing a simple black shirt with a dark floral patterned skirt. My smile disappeared when I saw Eomma sitting on the couch, looking through our family pictures. Just when I wanted to approach her to comfort her, the doorbell ringed.

"Miss Jung, the car is ready." Mr. Lee, my driver, called.

"Coming! Gimme a minute." you replied.

"What's wrong dear?" Eomma wiped her tears away, thinking that I wasn't aware.

"I'll be going, Eomma." you gave her a long warm hug.

"You can go now, Yuki." Eomma chuckled because of my stubbornness to let go of the hug.

"Eomma, can you do me a favour?" you asked innocently.

"What is it dear?" Eomma accepted.

"Don't lie to me and don't fake a smile anymore, okay?" you requested.

She sighed and patted your back before answering.

"I'll try, Yuki. I'll try." she let go of the hug.

"No, don't try. Don't lie, don't fake." you answered firmly.

"You need to go now, Yuki. Mr. Lee is waiting." Eomma changed the subject.

Before I could go back to the topic, Mr. Lee called out to me again and I glanced at the clock. Oh , I'm gonna be late.

"Okay, bye Mom." you kissed her cheek and walked out.

*If only you knew the reason behind my tears and your confused mind...* Eomma thought. She put away the family picture collection and went back in her room.


 

*****