A painful memory

It's All Lies

Music: EXO-K Baby Don't Cry

*****



Flashback:

"Appa, where are you going?" 5-year-old Yuki asked her father innocently.

"Um, Appa has to go to work my dear. Be good and take care of your mother for me okay?" your father requested.

"Don't I always do that, Appa? Hehe, I'll make you proud daddy!! Come back quickly okay? I'll be waiting for you." you exclaimed excitedly.

"I... I can't come back, Yuki..." he tered.

"W-what do you mean, daddy?" you asked, at the verge of tears.

"I'm sorry, Yuki. You're too young to understand. Take care of your mom for me, okay?" he kissed your forehead and headed to the door.

"Appa! Don't go! Please!" you chased after him and hugged him.

He removed your hands from him gently, turned around and squat in front of you.

"You don't understand, Yuki... It's not a I WANT to go, it's a I HAVE to go. Please, don't be stubborn and just go to your room, okay?" he caressed your cheek and stood up.

"A-appa... Don't leave..." you cried.

He hesitated at first but he opened the front door and walked out. You ran out the door and chased after him. Due to your height and short legs, you couldn't keep up with his pace and you fell and injured your knee. You saw your knee bleeding and you failed to get up.

"Appa!! Don't leave me and Eomma alone! Please!" you yelled.

Nothing happened, he continued walking. He didn't care. He didn't look back. He just walked straight. Little did you know, his heart was hurting a thousand times more than you.

"Appa... Kajima..." you cried to yourself softly.

Just then, your mother came back home from the market and she saw you on the ground with a bleeding leg.

"Omo! Yuki-ah, what are you doing here? What happened to your leg?" she asked.

"Eomma... Appa left us..." you cried louder.

"M-mwo? Hahaha... Yuki-ah, stop joking around. Your father just went to work. Come, let's go home." she carried you into her embrace.

"I'm not joking!! Appa really left!! He said he won't come back!!" you yelled at her.

"Stop all this nonsense, Yuki. Your father just went for work and that's it." she opened the door to the house and placed you on the sofa.

"It's not nonsense!! He said it himself! Eomma, I'm not lying!" you argued.

"Yuki! Stop with all your nonsensical stories. I'm pretty sure it's not your first time seeing him go off for work." she scolded.

"EOMMA! I'M NOT LYING HE REALLY SAID HE LE--"

SLAP!

"Stop it Yuki! Your father would never leave us and that's that!" she left a mark on your face.

She slapped you. You placed a hand on your bruised cheek and cried back to your room, ignoring the pain on your knee. 

"I HATE YOU, EOMMA!!" you yelled at her before slamming the door upstairs.

Your mother sighed and looked at her palm. It pained her to actually know the reason behind this and to pretend that it didn't happen. It pained her that you got hurt. It pained her that it was all her fault...

 

*****