Chapter 4

Love Is...

The two weeks crawled by slowly to you but after that, things fell back in to routine. In fact, it was even better since you and Woosung didn't have a single fight about anything as the months went by. Things were going perfect and he was even being the perfect boyfriend when you weren't feeling well.
"I'm sorry." you said as you laid on the couch, feeling dizzy.
He worriedly looked at you as he placed a hand on your forehead to check for a fever. "You've been getting sick for a while now." he commented. "You should go see a doctor."
"I'm fine." you insisted. "Maybe I'm just not eating right."
"No." he firmly stated. "You need to go. It might be nothing but it's best to be safe than sorry."
You smiled at him. "Okay. If you want me to."
"Good girl." he said and kissed your head. "Get plenty of rest. And that's an order."
"I will." you promised.

A few days later you were sitting in the doctor's office as they ran a few tests. Then he came walking back in with your chart.
"Well we've found your problem." he said as he scanned over the paperwork before smiling at you. "Congrats. You're pregnant."
Your face fell and you stared at him in shock. "What?"
"You're pregnant." he repeated. "And according to your hCG levels, you've been pregnant for a while now."
You shook your head. "No, that can't be right. I... I can't... I've been having my period."
"You've been having what you thought was your period." he said. "It's common for women to bleed during the first couple weeks of pregnancy. About 20 to 30 percent actually. Bleeding for the first 20 weeks doesn't present any problems but after that you run a high risk of miscarrying. I recommend an ultrasound to see for sure just how far along you are."
"Uh... yeah." you mindlessly said, still trying to grasp what was going on. Pregnant?
You laid down on the bed as the doctor started the ultrasound. Then you saw for yourself on the screen.
"Definitely pregnant." the doctor commented. "It seems you're about 5 months."
"5 months?!" you exclaimed. "How can I be 5 months already? I don't even have a belly??"
"All the more reason to be alarmed." he said concerned. "With the small amount of weight gain and the continued bleeding, you're at risk to miscarry any day now. I recommend bedrest immediately or you will lose this child."
"I can't believe this is happening." you uttered, staring up at the ceiling. "I'm not suppose to be pregnant."
"I'm not sure if I need to inform you of this or not," the doctor hesitantly said, "But you are at the cut off. It's illegal for you to have an abortion now."
You blinked in surprise at him before shaking your head. "I don't know. I don't even know what to do now."
He grabbed your hand and smiled warmly at you. "Things will be okay. The first thing you should probably do is inform the father."

Which was the first thing you did when you left the clinic, driving over to Woosung's apartment. You sat in the car for a while, working up the courage to tell him and wondering how he would take the news. Then you went up to his apartment and knocked on the front door.
"Honey." he greeted as he let you in and kissed your cheek. "This is a pleasant surprise."
"Yeah." you weakly said and swallowed.
He raised an eyebrow and wrapped his arms around you. "What's wrong?"
"I just got back from the doctor's."
You felt him tense and worriedly looked at you.
"I'm..." You swallowed again, "I'm... pregnant."
His arms fell away as he stared at you in shock. "Wha... But... Are you..."
"Yeah." you told him and nodded your head. "I even had an ultrasound."
He turned away and ran his hands through his hair. A sinking feeling grew in your chest and twiddled your fingers nervously. "Baby..."
"I'm going to be a father."
You jerked a little in surprise at the tone in his voice. Then he turned back around to face you and you saw a big smile on his face.
"I'm going to be a father." he repeated and then quickly hugged you again. "I can't believe it. This is wonderful."
"It is?"
He pulled back and looked at your face. "You were scared to tell me weren't you?"
"Well yeah." you said and let out a breath in relief. "This wasn't exactly planned."
"And I never planned to fall in love with an amazing woman like you." he said, making you blush. "The best things aren't planned sometimes."
You blinked back a few tears and smiled at him. "Thank you."
He hugged you again and chuckled. "It's okay darling. This is good news." Then he pulled away and you saw the excitement on his face. "We should start planning. I know it's still another 9 or 10 months but it's never too early to be prepared."
"Actually that's why the doctor is so concerned." you told him. "I'm having an unusual pregnancy. I'm already 5 months along. Since I haven't gained much weight and am bleeding, he wants me on bedrest before I miscarry."
His eyes widened in shock. "5 months?!"
You chuckled. "That was my reaction."
Then you watched as he looked away and furrowed his eyebrows in thought. "That can't be right."
"That's what the doctor said."
He looked at you. "But there was a period of time we weren't together. We had the fight and then there was the 12 days of roses as well as the 2 weeks away for my business trip. You have to be at least 6 months pregnant or no more than 4 months."
You blinked in surprise and ran the time in your head. He was right. Then you gasped as your hands flew up to cover you mouth.
"There was another guy?" he questioned.
You quickly shook your head. "No, no. It wasn't like that. He..." You reached out to touch him but he smacked your hands away.
"Don't touch me you ing ." he snarled.
Your mouth dropped open as your heart started pounding in your chest. "Woosung..."
"I can't believe we had one little fight and you just jump in to bed with some other guy. I thought you loved me?"
"I do!" you quickly declared. "I do love you. I love you so much. I was just hurting from the break up but I only ever thought of you."
He scoffed. "Whatever. Get out."
You jaw quivered. "But... I love you. Please don't do this. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry."
"You're an even bigger idiot than I thought if you think I'm going to raise another man's child." he told you with a disgusted look on his face.
"Woosung." you whined and reached for him again.
Instead he roughly pushed you away and you stumbled before falling to the floor. Instinctively, one hand went out to catch yourself and your other hand touched your stomach.
"I said get out, . I never want to see you again." he stated, glaring at you.
You shakily picked yourself up from the floor and then ran out of the apartment. You didn't stop running until you were back at your car. Then you sat in the driver's seat as you cried.

After a while, you wiped your face and drove home. As soon as you got through the front door, you ran to Catalina's room.
She looked over at you as she laid in bed reading and then quickly sat up. "What's wrong?"
You let out a pitiful whine and threw yourself at her.
"It's okay." she said and held you. "It's okay. Talk to me."
You managed to tell her everything in between sobs and she kept squeezing you tighter. "Oh god I'm so sorry." she said. "I'm here for you. I'll take care of you."