Chapter 2

Love Is...

You woke up slowly in the morning, letting out a pitiful whine as the sunlight made the painful throbbing in your head worse. You rolled over and expected to feel a warm body to cuddle with while you went back to sleep but there was nothing. You reluctantly opened your eyes and looked around. The guy was gone.
You let out a little groan and pulled the blanket over your head. Then whimpered when someone loud entered your room.
"Morning sunshine!" Catalina yelled.
"Piss off."
Then you let out a huff as something, or rather someone, landed on top of you.
"Is that anyway to talk to me?"
" off."
"That's more like it." she giggled. "Come on. Up. It's past noon."
"I don't want to." you whined.
The blanket was moved and you felt something hit you. You opened your eyes and saw the bottle of aspirin.
"Water's next to the bed." Then you heard her leave the room.
Sighing, you threw the blanket off and sat up. You took two pills and swallowed them with the glass of water. Then you shuffled out of your room and into the living room. You spotted a sleeping body on the couch and grinned mischievously. Then sat down on them with a little bounce.
"Hey!"
"She did it to me so I get to do it to you." you teased.
"So jump on her." Himchan groaned.
You shook the bottle of aspirin and he quickly held his hand out. You hopped off so he could sit up and used your water to swallow some pills himself.
"I can't jump on her." you told him. "She's impervious to the effects of alcohol and always up before me."
Himchan got a thoughtful look before turning to Catalina with a bright smile. "So if you're not being dragged down with a hangover you can make pancakes, right?"
"Oooo, pancakes!" you earnestly agreed.
She scoffed. "I would if we actually had a guest."
Himchan spread his arms and gave her a look of disbelief. "Uh, hello?"
She ignored him and looked at you. "The least you could have done was offer him some coffee before kicking him out."
You blinked in surprise at her. "I didn't. He's not here?"
"Nope." she answered. "So spill it."
"Huh?"
She rolled her eyes. "I want to know who he is." Then she gave you a smirk. "Especially with the noises you were making."
You would have blushed at her except instead you were staring at the wall, thinking hard. "I... I don't know."
She raised an eyebrow at you. "You didn't catch his name? What did he look like?"
You turned to face her and gave her a wide eyed look. "I don't know. I don't remember."
Catalina and Himchan stared at you in disbelief. Himchan asked, "How do you not remember?"
"I remember sitting on the couch. I was texting Woosung.."
"Oh for sakes!"
"And then I got up." you continued, ignoring your roommate, "Found him in the hallway. We kissed and made out for a bit. Then we went in my room and stripped each other."
"Details please."
Ignoring Himchan, "I gave him a and I know for a fact we had . But every time I try to picture his face or anything about him, it's blank. Like I just can't see him."
You watched as the two of them stared at you thoughtfully.
"That's... kind of weird." commented Catalina.
"Not necessarily." Himchan stated before turning to you. "I think you had a brownout. Kind of like a partial blackout. You remember bits and pieces because you're more conscious but still experience moments of memory loss. Usually you'll remember everything if someone tells you what happened."
You shrugged your shoulders. "Not a big deal anyways. It was just a one-night stand."
"No big deal?!" Catalina demanded. "I want to know so I can offer him some coffee!"
Himchan chuckled. "Coffee or 'coffee'?"
"Both if that's what it takes." she replied.
You rolled your eyes when a knock came from the front door. You went and answered it to find a flower delivery for you. "Thank you." you told the person and took the box before closing the door. You opened it to find a single rose.
"Oh just when this day couldn't get any worse." Catalina grumbled as you stared at the rose.
"What is it?" questioned Himchan.
She sighed. "It's from Woosung. Every time he wants her back he'll leave a series of gifts. Guarantee you that she'll get another 11 roses to make a dozen and he'll be holding the last one when he shows up at her doorstep."
"That's actually kind of romantic." Himchan said before Catalina smacked him. "And yet absurd." he quickly added and then looked at you. "You can do better. Let me hook you up with someone."
You sniffed the rose and felt your heart flutter. He was taking you back. "No." you told him as a dreamy smile formed on your face. "I love him."
Catalina let out an exaggerated groan while throwing her hands in the air before walking to the kitchen.
"Hey!" Himchan called out as he grabbed the bottle of aspirin and threw it at her receding back. "Pancakes!"
"Make them yourself!" Then she stopped and quickly turned. "Actually, proposition; you write down the names of every guy at the party and I'll make you pancakes."
"Wow. Seriously?"
"Apple cinnamon."
He grabbed a pen and hurriedly looked around. "Where's some paper?"
You went and grabbed a little vase and filled it with water, barely hearing them make a list of names. Then you stuck your rose in the vase and carried it to your room. You put it on your dresser and then laid in bed as you stared at the single rose happily. The love of your life was taking you back and nothing else mattered.