Chapter 3

Love Is...

Days went by and you kept receiving a single rose every day. On the day you got the eleventh rose, you could barely contain your excitement. It meant that tomorrow you would get your 12th rose and Woosung. Secretly you hoped that he would forgo the routine and show up early. Which was why you were dragging your heels about getting ready to go out.
"You promised Himchan you'd be there!" she argued.
"But what if Woosung comes over tonight?" you questioned. "I don't want to be gone if he does. I'd feel horrible."
She dramatically rolled her eyes and groaned. "Why does getting you to do anything harder than pulling teeth? And you know he won't. He always does it one day at a time and again, you promised Himchan."
You huffed and pouted.
"And I also know you don't want to go because of him but that's your own fault. Be straight with him."
"I hate hurting his feelings though. He's like a little puppy that follows me around." you whined.
"All the more reason to go. To be nice." she said.
You sighed and got off the couch, making your way to your bedroom to get ready. She was right, like usual, and you did promise you'd be there.

A little while later, the two of you showed up at the club. Making your way through the club, you found your crowd of friends and other friends of Himchan's.
"Where's the man of the hour?" Catalina asked Himchan.
"On his way." he answered. "Thanks for coming."
"Yep." you said, ignoring Catalina's glare.
Then a loud ruckus came from everyone around you and you turned to see the guy the party was thrown for. And the one you wanted to avoid.
Yongguk blushed bright red with a sheepish smile as everyone cheered and fussed over him. You forced a smile on your face. It wasn't that you hated him, he was a nice enough guy. But it was more than obvious to everyone that he liked you. He never tried anything, knowing about Woosung, but he would still make a point to find you at every party that you were both at. Wanting to sit next to you and talk to you all the time even though he was constantly stumbling over his words.
At that moment he caught sight of you and you saw the different expressions flitter across his face. Surprise, happiness and a shy smile. Even as other people came over to talk to him, he kept stealing glances at you. You however turned away from him and disappeared in to the crowd of dancing people on the floor. Hopefully with as many people in the club and how many of them were there for him, he'd have a hard time keep track of you.
It worked for quite a while too until you couldn't take anymore and had to sit down to give your feet a rest. Just like a magnet, you were aware of someone sitting down next to you and you smelled a familiar cologne. One that always lingered because it followed you.
"Hey." Yongguk told you.
You politely smiled at him. "Hi. Nice 'going away' party Himchan threw for you."
"Uh... yeah." he agreed bashfully. "He's a good friend."
Then you watched as he nervously fidgeted in his seat while running his hands down his jeans and his lips, barely able to meet your eye. "Listen. I.. Um... I was wondering... Since... uh... That is..."
You bit your tongue and suffered through his stammering, acutely aware of how much of a difference there was between Woosung and him. Then your phone went off.
"Hold on." you told Yongguk and dug it out of your pocket. You noticed the text message and you smiled brightly. It was from Woosung arranging for a dinner date tomorrow night. You eagerly texted back and then looked back up. Yongguk was giving you a curious look.
Taking a deep breath, "That was Woosung. We have a date tomorrow night." you informed him.
"Oh." he said as his shoulders dropped and his smile vanished. A tint of sadness filled his eyes. "I... I didn't... You.. two..."
This was what you were avoiding. The pain you caused him every time he got his hopes up. Even if he did manage to form a coherent sentence to ask you out though, you would still turn him down and feel even more guilty. Catalina said to be straight with him but you wished he would just take a hint instead and give up on you.
"Well good luck studying overseas for the year." you sincerely told him with a smile, hoping to ease the pain a little. "Hope you have fun."
He nodded his head a little and smiled at you before stuttering, "T-th-thanks."
Then before he could say anything else, you got up and walked away.


The next night you excitedly got ready, taking extra time to do your hair and makeup. Then the doorbell rang and you hurried to open it, finding the man in a fancy suit that you loved.
"Hello." Woosung said with a smile and held out your 12th rose. "For you beautiful."
Your heart fluttered and you blushed as you took it from him. "Thank you."
He placed a hand on your cheek and looked you in the eyes. "I'm sorry about before. Can we move on and forget about it?"
"Of course." you quickly told him. "Forget it ever happened."
"You're the best." he said.
He took you to a fancy restaurant and dinner was perfect. The two of talked over a glass of wine and he was ever so charming as well as complimenting you at every turn. The time seemed to fly by much to your disappointment. You never wanted to leave his side. Which only made the parting even worse that night when he told you he was going out of town for business.
"It's only for two weeks." he said as he walked you to your door. "Then I'll be back and take you out again."
"Two weeks is just so long." you whined and looked down.
He chuckled and placed two fingers under your chin, making you look back up. "Two weeks behind us and two weeks before us, but what lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us."
You blinked in surprise before shyly smiling. "That's lovely. And a great way to look at it."
"If you like it then I'm glad I thought of it." Then he gently kissed your lips. "Know that I'll always love you."
"I love you too." you replied.
Then he grabbed your hand and kissed it before ushering you inside. You gave him one last smile before closing the door. Then you leaned against it as you squealed with your hands on your face.
"Ugh." Catalina commented with a disgusted look.
You glared at her. "You're just jealous cause I snagged the perfect guy."
She turned and gave you a sad look while shaking her head. "Oh honey."
You ignored her and went to your bedroom to change, thinking of Woosung the entire time.