Chapter 10

Love Is...

A couple days later, you were sitting on the couch and sorting the mail. Suddenly you were receiving brochures to expensive daycares, private schools, and family-friendly vacation packages. He didn't take a genius to figure out where they were coming from. You placed you head in your hands and sighed.
Knocking from the front door made you stand up to answer it.
"Home delivery." the person said and held up the box.
You stared at it in surprise and read the label. It had your name and address on it. With a sinking feeling, you signed for it and thanked the delivery person. Then you closed the door and carried the box to the coffee table. Opening it revealed four cans of baby formula as well as a flyer of other baby products the company offered for delivery.
Your head rolled back as you groaned and Catalina walked out of the kitchen.
"What's this?" she questioned and looked in the box. "Oh..."
You let out a heavy sigh. "What am I doing?"
"You tell me."
"Catalina." you whined.
She wrapped her arms around you in a tight hug. "I know, I know." Then she pulled away to look at you. "I still mean what I say though. I don't mind helping you take care of Minjun. I truly consider him my nephew."
"Thank you for that." you sincerely told her.
She smiled at you and then grabbed some of the brochures, looking through them. "Do you want my opinion?"
You scoffed. "You've never liked Woosung."
She gave you a curious look before nodding. "When he was bad to you, he was very bad." She set the brochures down and grabbed your hand. "But I'll admit it. When he was good to you, he was very good."
You squeezed her hand gratefully before letting go and then sighed as you picked up the box. "Waste not, want not."
You carried it in to the kitchen and set it on the counter. You opened the cupboard door and then grabbed a can out of the box. You went to put it on the shelf but stopped, pulling your hand back. With your other hand, you grabbed the can of formula already in there and pulled it out. You held them side by side and examined them. The one from the cupboard was for sensitive stomachs. The one from the box was regular. You stood there frozen as you stared at them.
"Hey."
You jumped and shook out of your stupor.
"Sorry." Catalina offered and gave you an odd look.
"It's... fine." you said. "What?"
She held up an envelope. "Did you see this?"
You set the cans down and grabbed it, noting the return address. "It's from the lab." you quietly uttered.
Minjun started crying then and Catalina offered you a small smile. "I'll get him."
"Thanks." you mindlessly said, still staring at the envelope.
You shuffled into the living room and sat down on the couch. Then you got up real fast when you realized you sat on something. You reached down and grabbed the toy Tigger off of the couch before sitting back down. Then you were staring at it before you hand started shaking. You quickly set it down and turned your attention back to the envelope, clutching it with both hands.

You knocked on the door and waited until it opened.
"Darling! What a lovely surprise." Woosung said with smile. "Please. Come in."
"Thank you." you said and stepped into his apartment.
"So how is Minjoo doing?" he asked as the two of you sat down on the couch.
"Uh... It's Minjun." you corrected.
His smile faltered a little before he let out a chuckle. "Of course. Excuse me. How is little Minjun?"
"He's fine. Thank you." you replied. Then you took a deep breath. "I wanted to ask you something."
He furrowed his eyebrows in concern and scooted closer. "Of course honey. Ask me anything."
"What would you do if Yongguk was the father?"
You watched as his jaw twitched a little before he laughed. "He's not."
"But what if.."
"He's not." Woosung firmly repeated in an icy tone. Then the charming smile was back as he moved closer yet again and grabbed your hand. "Honey, you know it's true. He's mine. I am the father."
You bit your lip thoughtfully and looked down. Then you pulled your hand away. "I need to go." you uttered and stood up before quickly walking to the door.
"Wait." he said and followed you. "Did you get my gift?"
You stopped and turned to face him. "The box of formula?" you asked.
He smiled brightly at you. "I can set up a monthly delivery. Minjun will have everything he needs."
"Except it was the wrong kind. It's too harsh on his stomach." you informed him. "I buy him the kind for sensitive stomachs just like Yongguk told me to because he knows Minjun. He takes care of him."
Woosung looked away as he scoffed and shook his head before smiling at you. "I can do more for Minjun."
"Yes you can. You can offer him so much more. But only if I say he's yours. Yongguk doesn't care either way. And Yongguk can offer him the one thing that you can't."
Then the smile was gone as he glared at you. "Careful of your next words." he growled and took a threatening step towards you but you didn't back down.
"Or what?" you asked. "You'll push me to the ground like before? Even after I told you it was a high-risk pregnancy. I could have lost him but you didn't care. You don't care. So no; he is not yours. And neither am I."
You turned and hurried out of the apartment, your heart pounding in your chest.

You opened the front door and let Yongguk inside your apartment.
"Thanks for coming over." you told him.
"Of course." he replied and then looked around. "Is..."
"He's napping right now." you informed him.
A shy smile as he blushed a little. "Okay."
You lead him over to the couch and the two of you sat down. Taking a deep breath, you grabbed the envelope off the coffee table and turned to face him. "I went to see Woosung."
Yongguk stared at the envelope for a moment before looking up at you, his eyes full of hope but also fear.
"I told him that he's not the father."
Then his eyes widened as he mouth dropped. "You mean... I... I'm.."
You quickly shook your head, cutting him off. "I don't know." you confessed and then offered him the envelope.
He took it from you and turned it over, seeing that it was still sealed. "You didn't open it?" he asked you with a confused look.
"No." you replied.
"But.."
"No." you quickly repeated and looked him straight in the eye. "Woosung is not Minjun's father."
He let out a shaky breath as he stared at you in shock. Then he closed his eyes and placed his head in his hands. You heard a quiet sob as his shoulders shook and you placed a hand gently on his back.
After a few moments, he finally sat up and furiously wiped at his face. "T-th-thank you." he stuttered.
You offered him a warm smile and he smiled back in return. Then he looked at the envelope still in his hands. Glancing nervously at you, he took a deep breath and went to open it.
"Wait." you quickly said, stopping him. "Yongguk. If it... If it says..." You looked up from the envelope to see him watching you.
Without taking his eyes off of you, he set the envelope down and cupped your face. "I don't care what it says." he firmly said. "I will take care of him. I promise. Because..." He his lips and swallowed. "Because I... I will... always love him."
You inhaled sharply and placed your hands on his arms.
His eyes momentarily flicked down to your lips before going back to your eyes. "And... I... I will... al-always... l-love... you." he stuttered.
"That really is annoying."
He blushed hard as he blinked at you in surprise. "S-sor.."
You put a finger on his lips to stop him. "I love you."
His face fell and you removed your finger. Then without saying anything, he leaned in and gave you a gentle kiss.
You pulled back only an inch. "Much better."
He chuckled and then kissed you again while you eagerly kissed him back.